Bell Canada launching the 8X on Nov. 15th!

simmsscott

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I live in Newfoundland and I've been to 4 different Bell stores now and neither have any in stock yet. So frustrating!! I mean come on, the launch date was 10 days ago and they are appearing in other stores around Canada but still not here. They also have the dummy displays and not one of the workers have any idea when they'll be getting them in. I'll give it one more week and then I may just switch to Rogers.

anon(5334066)

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
The worst part about this whole ordeal is that I can't just order one online as I'm paying for an early hardware upgrade. TELUS isn't looking too bad these days and they've going to be carrying the ATIV S.. They use Bells towers here in the east (and vice versa in the west), so they only thing I'd be missing really is my 6 GB promo plan.

simmsscott

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I called Bell today just to check and the rep told me the first 8x's were on the island but only in St. johns, she said my local bell store should have them within a day or two. Finally some good news! It's too bad I had to wait this long and others didn't. I wanted to buy one during the black Friday deal of $50 off but now that's over.

Villain

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
bell has the 8X on the website now for $0... ima go argue with them tomorrow (which they will) and then im gonna return it as buyers remorse and get another.

GreekboyD

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
bell has the 8X on the website now for $0... ima go argue with them tomorrow (which they will) and then im gonna return it as buyers remorse and get another.

When I went in on Saturday they had it at $0 and I asked the rep if it was just for the Black Friday weekend. He said it was for good.

simmsscott

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
When I went in on Saturday they had it at $0 and I asked the rep if it was just for the Black Friday weekend. He said it was for good.

It seems the deal lasts until the 31st. This is from the bell website : Bonus: until December 31, get a $50 in-store credit towards your phone and accessories when activating on a 3-year term.1 Offer not available online. Visit a Bell store for details.

Now if a store around me would actually have some of them in stock before the 31st I may be able to take advantage of this deal. UUGGGGGHHH!! I want this phone so bad!!

anon(5334066)

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Ditto. I'm hopeful they'll be in by Friday. I'm heading to Halifax tomorrow, so I'll call around to all the stores in there to see if they've got them. But as was mentioned, Truro comes before Cape Breton and they have 'em there.. But you have to get off the 104 and take the first exit on the 102.. So I'm guessing if they were delivered by truck, the truck never left the 104 which means they didn't get to Halifax either.

simmsscott

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Annnnnddd.. None in Elmsdale or Halifax.

I feel your pain man. Same situation here, waiting for a bell store in my area to get their **** together and sell me something they had advertised as available half a month ago. Ridiculous really, I wonder if either of us will get one while the $50 off promotion is on.. only 3 days left.

GreekboyD

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I feel your pain man. Same situation here, waiting for a bell store in my area to get their **** together and sell me something they had advertised as available half a month ago. Ridiculous really, I wonder if either of us will get one while the $50 off promotion is on.. only 3 days left.

Is it until November 31st? Someone else told me December 31st.

simmsscott

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Is it until November 31st? Someone else told me December 31st.
You're right! I said it myself in an earlier post. For some reason I was thinking November :straight: lol. In that case I'm sure we will both have one before the deal is over.

Edit* After complaining at my local Bell store, the worker said they'll order one in from another store. It's on the way now! @64GUNSHIP, Maybe you should see if your local Bell store will do the same?

Last edited:

anon(5334066)

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
I'll have to try that.. I'm tired of waiting. I was at an executive conference today and was talking with a few folks from AML communications (sell Rogers phones all over Eastern Canada)... And they've got the 8X in their Halifax stores.

soxoh4

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm not a Bell customer. Is it possible to buy it from Bell off contract? Will they sell it to me when I'm not a customer? I could unlock it online if they did.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss