Bell Canada launching the 8X on Nov. 15th!

anon(5334066)

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Bell's internal memos today revealed that the 8X will in fact be launching on November 15th :D
http://mobilesyrup.com/2012/11/02/windows-phone-8x-by-htc-launching-on-november-1th/

No information on colours was provided, but this is great news nonetheless. It will be interesting to see what other device they intend to launch, as they have stated that two devices by "leading manufacturers" will be launched.. I'm thinking the other may be the ATIV S.. The real question is when.

And for those who already have their hands on the 8X, how is battery life? The 1800 mAh battery kind of surprised me.. Can anyone compare it to the Focus S i937? I want this to be my next device, but Samsung may very well win me over again if battery life can't hold up on the 8X.

Last edited:

anon(5334066)

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Do you have a timeframe for the ATIV S? Also, a CSR said the 8X will be launching in blue only on Bell? If it's not too far off, I'll hold out for the ATIV S for it's battery life.

GreekboyD

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Do you have a timeframe for the ATIV S? Also, a CSR said the 8X will be launching in blue only on Bell? If it's not too far off, I'll hold out for the ATIV S for it's battery life.

I was told by a rep on the mobile side that the ATIV S is later this month while he also mentioned we'd get more colours than just the blue.

Thryon

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I was hoping to see the HTC 8X (or any WP8 device) in this week's flyers as they would cover the period from the 9 to the 15 (at least this is true for the Maritimes), but there was nothing. not even a coming soon.

anon(5334066)

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
I got this flyer in the mail today (Nova Scotia). I also stopped in at a Bell store in Halifax and Elmsdale, neither had the 8X in stock yet. So I'm going to check in Truro tomorrow, otherwise I guess I'll be waiting a few days.

The price is listed as $129.99 on a 3-year.

GreekboyD

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I got this flyer in the mail today (Nova Scotia). I also stopped in at a Bell store in Halifax and Elmsdale, neither had the 8X in stock yet. So I'm going to check in Truro tomorrow, otherwise I guess I'll be waiting a few days.

The price is listed as $129.99 on a 3-year.

$599 with no term. Damn are phones so overpriced. Insane profit margins.

Thryon

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I want the Lumia 920, but my wife wants the HTC 8X. Rogers has no Lumias and I fully expect Bell to drop the ball as well. Here is hoping that I am wrong. Prove me wrong Bell.

GreekboyD

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I want the Lumia 920, but my wife wants the HTC 8X. Rogers has no Lumias and I fully expect Bell to drop the ball as well. Here is hoping that I am wrong. Prove me wrong Bell.

The Bell store I visited said they'd have them in tomorrow. I'm off work at 2pm tomorrow, hitting the gym after that and then going over to the store around 4pm.

Villain

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
bell is horrible with the website and letting customers know anything.... if they didn't have the best service here (nova scotia) id drop them even though I been with them for over 15 years.

anon(5334066)

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Wow after looking at the flyer for the second time I realized the ATIV S was posted right beside it.. Also at $129.99/599 off term. Bell definitely won't have those in stock as it hasn't even been released yet. Wtf.

Thryon

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
While Bell does have it listed online, none of the local stores have any in stock. One authorized dealer indicated it would be weeks before any came it.

First Rogers has no Lumias or HTC 8X in stock on their official launch day and now Bell has no HTC 8X either. I am starting to see a pattern here.

All the advertising in the world will not do any good if there is no product available for purchase.

anon(5334066)

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
A chat rep told me it will be in stores in 2-3 days, while another person over @ MobileSyrup said a reputable employee told him to expect it around the 19th.

As I'm going to town tonight, I might just be tempted to buy the iPhone 5.

GreekboyD

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
A chat rep told me it will be in stores in 2-3 days, while another person over @ MobileSyrup said a reputable employee told him to expect it around the 19th.

As I'm going to town tonight, I might just be tempted to buy the iPhone 5.

I'm coming off the 3GS, own an iPad 3 and have ZERO interest in the iPhone 5. Just stopped into a Bell store near me and the reps were ALL clueless. I had to tell them about the $49.99 price point and the phone was obviously nowhere to be seen.

I'll be picking mine up on my way to work. I wanted black BUT oh well lol

Is Bell only getting the California Blue model?

anon(5334066)

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Was just in a Bell store and they had a dummy device the California blue is actually really nice! Unfortunately they said there is (obviously) a delay and they probably won't be in until closer to the end of the month.

However, I went in a Rogers store, they also had a dummy on display. They also had no stock but they did have the Lumia 920 in matte black. Let me just say wow. It was impressive. The 8X is still the clear winner for me. The device is way more ergonomic than I had expected.

As for colours, a rep once told me they may have more colours later on, so they probably won't. This is coming from a guy who wanted the fire red: the blue is gorgeous. Not purple at all.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb