The 'I've got a 8X!' thread

josepmanel1983

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Ordered on Friday, delivered on Saturday by rm special delivery. Did you order blue? That's the only one they had in stock for immediate dispatch.

Yes, I ordered the blue one but it was the first time I ever ordered anything with them, so they sent me an email requiring I emailed them my driving license but I'm on holidays and I'll be back on Monday. I replied straight away telling them that and they said my order was then ready to be progressed and that I'd be emailed a tracking number on Monday (maybe an automated reply). Let's see how things go tomorrow, I can't wait!

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I ordered the blue one but it was the first time I ever ordered anything with them, so they sent me an email requiring I emailed them my driving license but I'm on holidays and I'll be back on Monday. I replied straight away telling them that and they said my order was then ready to be progressed and that I'd be emailed a tracking number on Monday (maybe an automated reply). Let's see how things go tomorrow, I can't wait!

Maybe you were just 'dip sampled' for full security check. It's happened to me before with simply electronics.

Anyway, looks like your sorted now. :)

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
If you don't have the Limegreen or Red one nobody cares. Dammit this limegreen seems to be some kind of mystical being or something I want to see it.

MrX365

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Just bought it today, awesome phone :D

Beautiful to hold.

Sold my Titan for ?130 back to Phones4U, got a cheaper contract for more than I had before so all in all very happy!

The 2 sales people selling them had never heard of the phone. Least they didn't try and convince me to go Android like the last time.

jaethos

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't know of any apps that require a gyroscope. It enables apps that use the orientation of your phone to work more precisely, but they still work without one. For example, both the night sky and photosynth apps work just fine on my Trophy, which doesn't have a gyroscope. They might be smoother on phones with one, but they still work regardless.

Shark87

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Haven't got one myself, but I saw someone with one today at the store I work at. Its strange though because its not out in the US.

Lean4838

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I don't know of any apps that require a gyroscope. It enables apps that use the orientation of your phone to work more precisely, but they still work without one. For example, both the night sky and photosynth apps work just fine on my Trophy, which doesn't have a gyroscope. They might be smoother on phones with one, but they still work regardless.

Nice! Do you have any games that require tilting the phone? Like I think in racing games where you tilt the phone in order to control the car? Does it work well even though no gyroscope?

I'm really excited about getting my first WP! Thanks!

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Nice! Do you have any games that require tilting the phone? Like I think in racing games where you tilt the phone in order to control the car? Does it work well even though no gyroscope?

I'm really excited about getting my first WP! Thanks!
you might be confusing gyroscope for accelerometer ...

I cant think of anything ive ever tried or even wanted to do where a gyroscope was needed

Lean4838

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
you might be confusing gyroscope for accelerometer ...

I cant think of anything ive ever tried or even wanted to do where a gyroscope was needed

Oh, you're right! I just did a research and I am confusing the two! Thanks for that comment, I am now more knowledgeable about what accelerometer and gyroscope can do!

Just sharing some good reads I found:

Does having a gyroscope affect PhotoSynth? | Windows Phone Central
Gyroscope in mobiles and tablets
Photosynth for Windows Phone finally released | MobileTechWorld
Gyroscope apps and games

Bottomline that I have found out: Gyroscope is a nice addition, especially for games. However, you can still live without it for everyday use! A lot of apps still use accelerometer mainly.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Oh, you're right! I just did a research and I am confusing the two! Thanks for that comment, I am now more knowledgeable about what accelerometer and gyroscope can do!

Just sharing some good reads I found:

Does having a gyroscope affect PhotoSynth? | Windows Phone Central
Gyroscope in mobiles and tablets
Photosynth for Windows Phone finally released | MobileTechWorld
Gyroscope apps and games

Bottomline that I have found out: Gyroscope is a nice addition, especially for games. However, you can still live without it for everyday use! A lot of apps still use accelerometer mainly.
Yee exactly. The accelerometer works alot like a carpenters level. Gyro is rotation

DonMorris

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I picked up a black 8X yesterday from Phones4U and I am overall VERY happy with the phone. The build quality is awesome, WP8 is very smooth and the screen is awesome!

I'm not exactly sure how I could properly test this gyroscope thing? I'm open to suggestions here :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb