Brief ownership..

PrivateOnParade

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Went to my local Phones4U (UK) for the Nokia 920 this morning, had none in but expected a delivery later in the day. On returning they had none but had three HTC 8X's delivered. Having looked at the one on display I took the plunge and got a sim free Black version (i'm on a sim only contract with o2 so made sense).

Got home, unwrapped and thought good choice. Feels nice in the hand, have a One X so happy with HTC on the whole. Sim inserted, plugged in, and like you do also turned on the phone. It was having gone through the setup that I noticed on the main screen that there were jitters around the white lettering/numbers on the tiles and the occasional tearing and flickering down the middle of the screen. On the settings screen the letters would jitter and the screen flick a few pixels from left to right at the side.

So the phone has now been packaged, returned and I've got my money back as the other phones have been sold.

However my brief encounter with WP8 on the HTC 8X has shown what a far better experience it is than the others phones I have had recently (iPhone, BB9900, HTC One X) and how slick and quick the interface is. Now have to find somewhere which has one in stock!

(Took some video on my other phone where you can see the screen: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3159913/2012-11-03 17.28.07.mp4 )

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo