Battery Life

benryder

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
How are people finding the battery life?

I charged mine an hour ago and i'm already down to 75%. I have Facebook/Twitter/BBC News setup as live tiles, but i've hardly touched it in that time.

I'm slightly concerned!

Ben.

Mikeyglw

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Great phone so far, but i am also finding the battery life lacking

phone been on for 13 hours and 11% Battery left and this is with light use my lumia 800 has been on for 1 day 10 hours with 27% Battery left.

if it does not improve the phone will be getting returned, i need at least a day out of the phone

M

Last edited:

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Guys don't forget a new device sometimes needs a few days to recalibrate itself... Poor battery life is a problem on my HD7, but it is better now than it was my first week with it for sure.

benryder

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Just an update.. I unplugged my phone at 4.30am and have been fiddling a bit with my phone since then - about the same as the night before when my battery went low...

...I'm at 87% which is a lot better than last night.

I'm not tempting fate yet but it looks a bit better than last night!

Ben.

justinl111

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
First couple of days not great but standard for a new battery, seems to be improving now, taken it off charge this morning, will see how it does today and let you know.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
As a general rule of thumb, remember that the battery suffers more from charging too rarely over charging too often.

That said, I agree that a day of medium use is the bare minimum for me as well. But with Lumia 920 and wireless charger ill probably end up having it charging around the day many times.

MrX365

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Conversely, Im very impressed. Lasting a lot longer than my Titan did (which had a bigger battery I think) with the brightness on High instead of automatic like usual.

ajorourke

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I've had an iphone4,4s, samsung galaxy s2, s3 and lumia 900.

They are all rubbish for battery. (the s3 was probably the best). I've had the htc 8x since Saturday and it's about on par with the s3.

The solution to battery worries in to have a charger at work. I pretty much always charge my phones twice a day. Until they invent magic batteries I'm pretty sure it's going to be standard for your battery to last about a 8-12 hours before needing a charge.

kregstrong

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I actually love the gs3 battery. Best battery life I've ever had on a smartphone lol. So if the 8x is that good, I will be happy. Now just gotta decide on red or blue

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I believe this is my last concern with this device. Battery life is a huge deal for me because I am using my phone all day for gps, internet, radio, music, games, video, you name it. I even got the extended battery for my Trophy just to make it through a single day of use! knowing I wont be able to replace or get an extended battery scares me.

although I will say, now that I have another mobile device, my surface, ive been splitting the tasks I do between my tablet and my phone. Im a little less scared but still concerned.

Villain

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Guys don't forget a new device sometimes needs a few days to recalibrate itself... Poor battery life is a problem on my HD7, but it is better now than it was my first week with it for sure.
this, this, this! can't argue this enough.

working on blackberry tech and this was always such a headache when new phones released and people not realizing.

my bold 9900 would last about a day or less when i first got it, now it lasts 3.

MrX365

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
So u can make a 10 hour work day just fine?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Easily. I've used it a fair bit today (normal amount) and its on 26% now. Thats probably about 50-60 minutes on the phone, 30 mins internet, 30 mins games, apps etc. Little bit of camera. My Titan would be in battery saver mode by now.

benryder

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
16 hours in and I'm at about 50% so it's improved a lot since last night. I'll still get a charger for my work though just to be on the safe side..

cgk

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
this, this, this! can't argue this enough.

working on blackberry tech and this was always such a headache when new phones released and people not realizing.

my bold 9900 would last about a day or less when i first got it, now it lasts 3.

Except it's bunk, it is a very persistent piece of bunk, but bunk it is - it's a hangover from old battery technology and does not apply to modern batteries*.

What is mainly happening is that people use their phones more than average when they first get them.

* if you are flashing ROM, the story is a little different to do with battery management stats.

hailst0rm

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Anyone finding the time to charge the phone painfully slow?

I tend to charge off USB when I can. I'm finding its taking nearly the whole day to get a full charge. My iPhone 4S took about half a day.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99