Reboots

Davidmuful

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Just checking in to say that since I uninstalled HTC and turned off attentive phone features I have had no problems at all. It has been almost two days. I had my last reboot half an hour before I did this. Please, anyone that is having problems try uninstalling HTC hub and turning off attentive phone features in settings.

Davidmuful

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Lumia 920 here. Have it since Tuesday and had a couple random reboots. I think both when the phone was just sitting idle on my desk.

Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro2_248 using Board Express
This has got to all be because MS was late in delivering WindowsPhone 8 RTm. Not enough testing. I'm sure we'll see bug fixes rolling out pretty soon.

ajorourke

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I took my 8x back because of this and since Saturday (when I exchanged) I have had 2 reboots. It seems to be a software issue. I'll give it another week and see what HTC / Microsoft come up with.

anth77uk

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I returned my Blue 8x on Saturday to phones4u for an exchange. Unfortunately they didn't have any California blue left in stock so I asked to swap it for a black 8x. So far (touch wood) I've not had any reboots. My wife has had a few reboots over the weekend and she has a blue 8x.

alexblfc

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
First reboot just now. Was browsing emails and suddenly switched off. Annoying. Also for some reason the WPCentral app isn't in full screen now. There is a big black bar across the top.

Looks like MS rushed this out tbh

DeathBreath

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
It would be nice if someone started a thread on MS forums so that we aren't just talking in vein over here.

Link to WP8 Forums over at MS: Windows Phone - Microsoft Community

Please and thanks :)

BTW - I am waiting for my order to ship tomorrow like everyone, but this seems to be a pretty common issue. We won't get any help if we don't let MS know.

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Everyone... Try switching off (ipv4 only) ipV6ipV4 under Carrier Internet and MMS settings. I have observed some erratic behavior while in mixed mode... But no reboots (have two 8X). Update us if this helps.

Davidmuful

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
eesh, I was so sure I had fixed it, no reboots for days, and now I've had reboots again. It has to be software. Too much of a coincidence that people are swapping for new phones and having the same problem. If it was hardware it would be getting in to recall territory.

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Don't know if it helps but I also had a reboot on my trophy phone this Sunday morning. It was just sitting on the desk, had a full charge.

DeathBreath

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Just had another one. Was scrolling through songs in the store and it rebooted. Starting to get sick of it.

Reading about all of these reboots is really distressing.

I've been using iOS since the beginning(2007) and this is a HUGE reminder why I switched a long time ago and never looked back. Apple still owns in hardware quality, usability, and software quality. I don't care how fast the phone is or how many megapixels the camera is, if the phone doesn't work, then it is useless. I'm starting to regret my pre-order already and I haven't even touched the phone yet. I decided to switch for a few reasons.

1. The iPhone 5 is meh. Just a faster, longer iphone 4.
2. I'm bored with iOS. I wanted to play with something new.
3. I feel live tiles are the next evolution in smartphones
4. I don't really care about the camera or processor, I just want a solid phone that works and is compatible with syncing email, calendars, etc...

At least in California you have 30 days to return the phone. I'll try it out, but if they don't fix the reboots or someone doesn't find a decent workaround, then I'll return it. If the workaround is something like, "turn on airplane mode", lol, then that's not a good workaround.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I think it's pretty clear by now that the reboots are an OS issue, since there are plenty of reports of restarts/freezes in the 920 forums as well. Probably the best thing you can do if you're having this issue is to reply in that post on the MS support forums. Hopefully it catches MS's attention soon.

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
MS Execs have been using this for months (I feel as though WP8 has been launching since June) and they didn't notice this? And the carriers do their internal testing... they didn't notice this then? Why now? Why after all this time is it noticed now? Volume of people? It hasn't even fully launched yet, but here we are talking about this.

nicooke

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
This is seriously shoddy, 3 reboots in the space of 20 minutes.

I love the phone but if it is going to randomly reboot I just can't use it - it'll go back to Clove and Ill get a nexus 4 and pocket the change. Really hope they sort it out very soon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss