Reboots

jgraves4480

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Just had my first reboot. I turned on my Bluetooth headset and bam it went stupid, then rebooted. Wtf! I think Microsoft needs a lawsuit. My laptop has issues connecting to my wifi like every 3 days. Don't get me wrong though. I love the phone and w8, but if it wasn't ready they shoulda waited. I don't have low signal here at the house. So now that leads me to thinking its just another bug infested os. Although it may be in the radio firmware. Doesn't that also handle Bluetooth?

Coffee

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Just had my first reboot. I turned on my Bluetooth headset and bam it went stupid, then rebooted. Wtf! I think Microsoft needs a lawsuit. My laptop has issues connecting to my wifi like every 3 days. Don't get me wrong though. I love the phone and w8, but if it wasn't ready they shoulda waited. I don't have low signal here at the house. So now that leads me to thinking its just another bug infested os. Although it may be in the radio firmware. Doesn't that also handle Bluetooth?

To reiterate, I have no issues with my 8x and no technical issues with Windows 8. What did they need to wait for? Until everyone tests the OS and gives it their seal of approval?

Do you know why your phone rebooted? Was it the BT radio? Who manufactured it? Was it the HTC hardware? The sim card? The firmware? The software? Who makes your laptop? Who makes the wifi card in your laptop? Who makes your router?

But please go ahead and sue Microsoft for all these problems you're having without knowing what's causing them. I know people who are getting reboots are upset, and they deserve to be. Blaming Microsoft, HTC, etc is a bit premature until we know what causes it. There could be a firmware update, a software update, even a handset recall.

Skeet1981

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
To be fair I've had my 8x for over a week now, have only put it down when I go to sleep and I've not had a single reboot. I think you should all list the apps you have installed and see if there's a common one between you all that could be causing the problem. Or it could just be a bad batch out there, meaning when any of you take it back to the store you're getting a replacement most likely from the same batch.

Do you all have Bluetooth on all the time?

jgraves4480

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
To reiterate, I have no issues with my 8x and no technical issues with Windows 8. What did they need to wait for? Until everyone tests the OS and gives it their seal of approval?

Do you know why your phone rebooted? Was it the BT radio? Who manufactured it? Was it the HTC hardware? The sim card? The firmware? The software? Who makes your laptop? Who makes the wifi card in your laptop? Who makes your router?

But please go ahead and sue Microsoft for all these problems you're having without knowing what's causing them. I know people who are getting reboots are upset, and they deserve to be. Blaming Microsoft, HTC, etc is a bit premature until we know what causes it. There could be a firmware update, a software update, even a handset recall.

Motorola stereo bt headset. I have been using it every day. I just finished syncing music, unhooked from the pc, turned on my headset, bam it started connecting disconnecting over and over til it just rebooted. I'm not wanting to really sue, just ticked they rushed it. I firmly believe the reboots are related to the radio somehow. Even giving it that still seems strange that it took a week to reboot. Seems fine now though. No sync loop. I have yet to see an OS without bugs. Even with all this random stuff my wife is getting her htc 8x Friday at verizon. That is how much we are sick of our iPhones.

The Dude66

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
My first 8X I returned because after 2, 3 minutes it froze up. No matter how many hard resets etc... My second 8X seemed to work nicely untill yesterday it rebooted for the first time, today for the second time. Darn...

dol4er

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

It is HTC/Nokia and Microsoft to be blamed and nobody else. They MUST test all their new models before launching them and selling them on the market. It is not my concern who they have chosen to manufacture the hardware or the bluetooth adapter or the screws or whatever - they need to make sure that a product which is branded Nokia or HTC is working perfectly before they take our money.

Almost all people experience reboots from day one or during the first week, so if HTC or Nokia had just tested several of their phones for a week they would have found out about the issue before selling them to us!

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
It is HTC/Nokia and Microsoft to be blamed and nobody else. They MUST test all their new models before launching them and selling them on the market. It is not my concern who they have chosen to manufacture the hardware or the bluetooth adapter or the screws or whatever - they need to make sure that a product which is branded Nokia or HTC is working perfectly before they take our money.

Almost all people experience reboots from day one or during the first week, so if HTC or Nokia had just tested several of their phones for a week they would have found out about the issue before selling them to us!

Thats not true - As far as HTC is concerned they had no issues with reboots as their hardware and software was fine - its only when the carriers have added their software that people have started having issues.

The Dude66

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Well, while my 8X had a number of reboots my Lumia 920 had non... it certainly isn't an "trending" topic for the 920. Mind you...the 920 has several other issues though. Which mine fortunately doesn't suffer from. I think its safe to say both hardware manufacturers and Microsoft have work on their hands.

jgraves4480

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Verizon pushed the date for launching wp8 because of network connectivity issues. Microsoft tweaked it and it passed. This has nothing to do with hardware or apps. It's in the OS and that's the bottom line. Verizon didn't load crap on the phone at all. Microsoft did the same thing with Vista. They removed some crap code and called it windows 7. They took 7 and loaded the metro ui over it and now we have no start button, but we have a useless ie in there that can't play flash, you have to switch to the desktop for everything you do. Both Nokia and HTC are rebooting. All I want is for Microsoft to come out and say, hey we have a problem and we are working on it. It doesn't matter what carrier or what apps we use. For all we know it could be the same thing that happened with no dumping unused info from prefetch. It could be building up til it just crashes.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Verizon pushed the date for launching wp8 because of network connectivity issues. Microsoft tweaked it and it passed. This has nothing to do with hardware or apps. It's in the OS and that's the bottom line. Verizon didn't load crap on the phone at all. Microsoft did the same thing with Vista. They removed some crap code and called it windows 7. They took 7 and loaded the metro ui over it and now we have no start button, but we have a useless ie in there that can't play flash, you have to switch to the desktop for everything you do. Both Nokia and HTC are rebooting. All I want is for Microsoft to come out and say, hey we have a problem and we are working on it. It doesn't matter what carrier or what apps we use. For all we know it could be the same thing that happened with no dumping unused info from prefetch. It could be building up til it just crashes.

You seem to be a bit of a software genius. So please explain how when i have my phone on with no sim card in the phone doesnt reboot or have any issues at all? I can still connect to Wifi and do everything apart from call and text. As soon as i put a sim card in i get problems.

dol4er

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
You seem to be a bit of a software genius. So please explain how when i have my phone on with no sim card in the phone doesnt reboot or have any issues at all? I can still connect to Wifi and do everything apart from call and text. As soon as i put a sim card in i get problems.

It seems that you are very smart. This sounds like - "don't turn it on and you won't have any problems"

In your next post you may advise us not to complain and just use our phones without a SIM card... :D

It is a phone after all - if I can't use it with a SIM card, how do I use it?

Last edited:

jgraves4480

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site

Now you just hit something there! No sim means your device is not even trying to connect to cell towers. You just answered the question as to whether or not it relates to software or hardware. So it is cellular connectivity.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
It seems that you are very smart. In your next post you may advise us to use our phones without a SIM card...

Well ive had a lot of issues with my 8x in the last week. Ive tried the phone with two different sim cards just to see if it made a difference. Seeing as my phones pretty much useless anyway I took the SIM out for a day just to see if it had any problems. Just grated a bit to see someone think that all MS did between vista and Windows 7 was remove some crap code and stick the metro UI over windows 7 to create 8.

dol4er

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Well ive had a lot of issues with my 8x in the last week. Ive tried the phone with two different sim cards just to see if it made a difference. Seeing as my phones pretty much useless anyway I took the SIM out for a day just to see if it had any problems. Just grated a bit to see someone think that all MS did between vista and Windows 7 was remove some crap code and stick the metro UI over windows 7 to create 8.

That's the point - someone at HTC hasn't done his job testing their product before releasing it and there is no point in defending them for their mistake.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Now you just hit something there! No sim means your device is not even trying to connect to cell towers. You just answered the question as to whether or not it relates to software or hardware. So it is cellular connectivity.

Indeed. Although it still doesnt answer who the problem is with.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo