Nokia Drive

realityeye

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Can someone who has actually purchased an 8x let me now if they have Nokia Drive installed on their phone? I rely on Nokia Drive on my N9 (it's awesome) and want to make sure that I can still get turn by turn drive instructions on the 8x.

I know there is some mention of the OEM deciding to make it available, but I want to know for certain before I actually order one of these.

Can we purchase it/download it if it is not installed, and how much will it cost?

GT2010

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Lol why dont you buy a nokia lumia 920 :dry
It so much better more features best camera , Good apps , awsome design and better specs thn any other Wp8 phone that ive seen lol :straight:
And it has dolby for sound :cool:
I wna see how htc 8x gona match up to that :giggle:

keizka

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
It so much better more features best camera , Good apps , awsome design and better specs thn any other Wp8 phone that ive seen lol :straight:

I'd say both devices have their merits. What I don't understand is why didn't HTC sign up for Nokia Drive on their devices. That really would attract customers :|

realityeye

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I do want to get the Lumia 920, but it does not seem very pocketable.

So I was thinking that I would have to have it in my backpack all the time, and I didn't like that idea as much.

morpheus1982

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I'd say both devices have their merits. What I don't understand is why didn't HTC sign up for Nokia Drive on their devices. That really would attract customers :|

HTC support tell me that they are working on something. I had to ask as their own turn-by-turn app disappeared from the marketplace.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I do want to get the Lumia 920, but it does not seem very pocketable.

So I was thinking that I would have to have it in my backpack all the time, and I didn't like that idea as much.

backpack? I wonder if nokia will release a line of "rollers" like you used to see business people use for their laptops about 10 years ago.

Me personally, I'll be getting two 920s, one for work and one for home. The idea of my car laboring down the highway with all that extra weight just makes me shudder. And the gas mileage! UGH!

nicooke

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I thought I saw a while ago that Nokia Drive was going to be available for all WP8 devices? Here's a link:

Windows Phone 8 to use Nokia map data with built-in turn-by-turn navigation (update: deals too) -- Engadget

Also, my AT&T reception is terrible, so I need to move back to Verizon. I hope they match the 920's price of $99.
Yea it is open to other manufacturers - it is up to HTC to actually let us have it basically - though I wouldn't be surprised if once enough Lumia's are sold it just goes generally on the Store.

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site

I am now planning on getting the NL822, was going to get the 8X but wow, don't be so bias, the 8X is a great device and people are saying the camera really isn't that much better. Sound is about the same too. I don't understand why Nokia fans act like there is nothing that even compares... Well the 8X actually does compare to the L920 very well.

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I thought I saw a while ago that Nokia Drive was going to be available for all WP8 devices? Here's a link:

Windows Phone 8 to use Nokia map data with built-in turn-by-turn navigation (update: deals too) -- Engadget

Also, my AT&T reception is terrible, so I need to move back to Verizon. I hope they match the 920's price of $99.

If you are dedicated to Nokia check out the 822, it's not a bad device at all. The ONLY bad thing I see with it is the 480x800 resolution. Outside of that it has the same size battery (1800 mAh) as the 8x, also has wireless charging like VZW's version of the 8x, has the same 1.5GHz dual-core processor, and it has expandable memory to 64GB unlike the 8X where you are stuck with 16GB.

I mean if you move back to VZW it's not a bad little phone. Probably get better battery life with the clear-black than the LCD 2 also.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb