I dropped it

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
So the HTC Mozart really is the worst HTC WP device. I dropped it several times, and now it looks like S#&T. A lot of scratches, and material "bending" of some kind... despite aluminum and ceramic materials... or whatever they used for the Mozart casing.

I have other friends with HTC devices, and they're all very disappointed with the build quality of their devices. Another reason why I'll probably buy a Lumia 920

My HD7 took 2 years of abuse including being handled by my baby girl on a daily basis and the only thing wrong with it is the metal HTC letters have fallen off the back cover and the picture button has got a lot of travel on it. My little girl is now 3 and im about to wipe it and give it to her to play games on.

tofu.

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
If it's done correctly I think they will last. I had a Samsung d600 a million years ago that had that soft texture back, it lasted without peeling for 2 years. No case, in and out of pockets, waiter aprons, etc. Trust me, a restaurant is a bad place for a delicate phone.

my car has soft touch finishes on the handles and some console areas.

it doesn't last. they stopped using it actually because of all the complaints.

i think one of the things that breaks them down are lotions and oils on the hand

strokee

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Well, unfortunately it sounds like a protective case is necessary for this phone. I was really hoping it would be durable enough to not need one. Dang.

tofu.

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Well, unfortunately it sounds like a protective case is necessary for this phone. I was really hoping it would be durable enough to not need one. Dang.

yeah that's why i'm not a huge fan of unibody designs. i rather replace my phone's enclosure every 6 months or so than go around with a bulky case or a piece of plastic that peels up and gets dirty around the edges.

ajitesh r

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Same issue with my HTC 8x ! And the skin peeling seems to increasing with time. Glossy finish under that also does seem nice! Has anyone tried peeling off the skin?

yash23

May 19, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem.
It drives me crazy.
The skin near the charger port has begun to peel as well.
And the top left corner.
I dont think i have ever dropped on any surface other than carpet.
Does anyone know if there is any way to fix this?

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem.
It drives me crazy.
The skin near the charger port has begun to peel as well.
And the top left corner.
I dont think i have ever dropped on any surface other than carpet.
Does anyone know if there is any way to fix this?

I doubt there is a fix unless you replace the shell, which they're only about 30 bucks. I also have a chip on the near bottom left side and the peeling around the USB port.

if all of us are experiencing the same design flaw, then HTC should replace these phones. we should get a petition going. just a thought.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire