bottom micro USB and LED issue

BdA-Hobbes

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I just received my 8X today and noticed something strange the micro USB port at the bottom of the phone lets the white LED light come out of the phone. It is not strong but when you hold it in your hand it is quite noticeable. When its dark, it is almost like a weak flashlight

Has somebody else noticed that or is it only an issue I have?

TheBish0p

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I have the exact same issue with my HTC 8X that I got today. I wouldn't call it a problem though, but it's weird and a bit annoying. A design flaw, or so it seems.

The Verge said that some of their review units leaked light through the micro USB port but not all.

Last edited:

ajua

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
It's only noticeable when you're in a dark room, so you can't get a picture of it.

I'm thinking of getting one of these microUSB port covers so the light won't leak:
TOPI Covers — Micro USB Port Cover

I will post if the Black 8X I ordered leaks light too when it arrives in the next few days.

Those USB port covers are great! I didn't know they existed. Might as well order one even if mine doesn't leak light just for keeping dust out.

futurix

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
My 8X has this issue - but it does not bother me at all. I tend to think of it as a feature: it makes plugging in cable very easy while in the dark!

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
My 8X has this issue - but it does not bother me at all. I tend to think of it as a feature: it makes plugging in cable very easy while in the dark!
Hmm, you make a good point. Kind of makes you wonder if that was intentional, especially since it's not noticeable unless you're in the dark.

SteelSteve

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Perhaps its not so much of an issue, but a feature for helping you find the charging port in the dark :)

Sent from my Lumia 710 using Board Express

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos