Sounds like many issues with HTC 8X

Status
Not open for further replies.

anth77uk

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I've been having issues with reboots. However, I think the phone is utterly fantastic. I'm an early adopter and I expect there to be some challenges. I actually think its a software issue not hardware.

****, I bought the lumia 800 on its release last year and my first unit had to be returned due to it turning itself off and not being able to switch it back on. I got a replacement.

Sometimes you get a faulty device. Sometimes you drop your phone. It happens.

Most of the time you get something and it works perfectly.

runam0k

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
^ This. It took me 3 Lumia 800s before I got one that didn't suffer random reboot issues.

I must admit, the pic of the dropped 8X is pretty bad. I'll be taking extra care with mine!

hipporama

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I've been having issues with reboots. However, I think the phone is utterly fantastic. I'm an early adopter and I expect there to be some challenges. I actually think its a software issue not hardware.

****, I bought the lumia 800 on its release last year and my first unit had to be returned due to it turning itself off and not being able to switch it back on. I got a replacement.

Sometimes you get a faulty device. Sometimes you drop your phone. It happens.

Most of the time you get something and it works perfectly.

How does the phone feel in the hand compared to the 800? Also, how's the camera compared to the 800?

anth77uk

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
The 8x actually feels lighter in the hand to me. I think that its due to the weight distribution over a larger body. I have pretty big hands (im 6'2") but my wife has tiny hands and she found the 8x better to hold than the iphone5. The camera is leaps and bounds better than the 800. The camera was my biggest disappointment on the lumia.

Shadai

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
4) Several users have reported that baking the Lumia 920 at 300 degrees for 15 minutes has a severe impact on durability and reliability of the unit.

Well that's true, but it makes a tasty meatloaf (if such a thing could be true).

Baking the 8x is probably not recommended unless you are an expert chef with experience in thin pastries

JSern

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Someone isn't happy that the Lumia still isn't available, I think. :D

Have you heard about the 920's problems?

1) Screens cracking -- even shattering -- if it's dropped. The damage is permanent.

2) Camera doesn't work well, Nokia is promising a software fix "in the coming months."

3) Users have been able to break the USB port by repeatedly shoving the USB cable in upside-down.

4) Several users have reported that baking the Lumia 920 at 300 degrees for 15 minutes has a severe impact on durability and reliability of the unit.

1) I like to see HTC's screens regenerate after shattering

4) WHO THE **** BAKES A PHONE? LOL

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
? So he dropped it and the corner got damaged? I'd say that's pretty normal behavior for any phone :)

My wife has the 8X and it's completely flawless. She's been using it for a week - looks like new, doesn't have any light leakage, has never rebooted.

I got a 920 and regret it because it feels like a brick in your pocket.

Post a pic of your 920.

DonMorris

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
What specifically don't you like about the mapping software? I'm just curious.

Well for starters I really miss street view but my biggest feature request is the ability to lookup an address on my desktop, star it in Google maps and then magically have that location saved on my phone.

Oh, and turn by turn navigation while on foot combined with local transit.

Looks like Microsoft has some work to do.

strokee

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
According to IBTimes review, their device has also started to show wear and tear.

They say the "rubberized" coating is coming off around the USB port, "revealing shiny, black plastic". This phone is really starting to sound like a lemon. Sheesh.

independentvolume

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
According to IBTimes review, their device has also started to show wear and tear.

They say the "rubberized" coating is coming off around the USB port, "revealing shiny, black plastic". This phone is really starting to sound like a lemon. Sheesh.
Yep. So much promise and what not. The 8x is totally off my list now. I just hope those that buy it blame htc and not the wp8 family. It seems as if most review devices are falling apart.

strokee

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I guess it's like the iPhone 5's andonized aluminum chipping and denting, lol.

Wait...doesn't the 8X have painted andonized aluminum buttons? Can't wait unti we start hearing about the paint chipping off them...

Smg-Uk

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
So we have people complaining about supposed "problems" that don't even own one hmmm right.

Nothing wrong with mine that I actually own and use...

Infact out of my WP's so far only my Lumia developed hardware faults.

strokee

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
So we have people complaining about supposed "problems" that don't even own one hmmm right.

Nothing wrong with mine that I actually own and use...

Infact out of my WP's so far only my Lumia developed hardware faults.

Read the forums, sparky. There are a bunch of people reporting hands-on issues.

DonMorris

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site

Do you have a link to this statement? I skimmed over the review and found no mention of this?

strokee

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Do you have a link to this statement? I skimmed over the review and found no mention of this?

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/402570/20121107/htc-windows-phone-8x-review.htm

It's just before the "hardware and connectivity" section. The review also says the phone rebooted 3 times in a week, the battery life wasn't very good and the phone got really hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb