Pre-ordering FULL RETAIL tonight? (VZW 8X)

Agpe17

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
So I'm BEYOND excited for my 8x -- leaving the iPhone for a MUCH ANTICIPATED new OS! I've dabbled with WPOS before in the Trophy, and I loved it -- just couldn't hang with other offerings at the time! But I'm ready for tonight...

I've actually never ordered a phone online, as I mentioned in a previous post in a different thread...Im a bit unsure about protocol if ordering full retail price? I know some people have said that Verizon won't allow you to purchase full retail online for a pre-order since the new "Share Everything" plans kicked in.

Is this true? Has anyone had experience with pre-ordering full retail through Verizon? Anyone doing it tonight??

jaethos

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I might do it tonight, full price and all. I've never pre-ordered a phone before though, so I don't know how any of it will go with Verizon. I might wait for Amazon to offer it though, no tax that way and a 30 day return period, just in case the ATIV Odyssey ends up being a better fit for me.

Agpe17

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I might do it tonight, full price and all. I've never pre-ordered a phone before though, so I don't know how any of it will go with Verizon. I might wait for Amazon to offer it though, no tax that way and a 30 day return period, just in case the ATIV Odyssey ends up being a better fit for me.

Im hoping someone can chime in whos pre-ordered before to give us some insight! Would like to know before tonight at 1 rolls around!

fierywater

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I plan on waiting a bit. I want to see how battery life is on LTE and I doubt the phone will be hard to get after release. And, like jaethos said, Amazon may be able to help me avoid sales tax.

Agpe17

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Just spoke to VZW rep -- there's a "month to month" option for those who are keeping unlimited. Also said accessories will probably be there.

He told me full retail would be $599

kregstrong

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting it full retail. Amazon won't sell it full retail, only on contract. Sometimes Vzw won't let u pre order full retail. So we shall see if they do this time. Has happened to me before tho, had to wait til it released

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

jaethos

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Amazon has full retail pricing for every phone I've ever looked at on their site, so I'm not sure what you're talking about. Also, The Verge is reporting a $549 price.

spiff_p239

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I've pre-ordered quite a few phones and I don't ever remember a time where they didn't allow you to do so if you were paying full price, even with the iPhone when it first came out last February and everyone knew it was going to be in huge demand. I can't imagine it will be any different with this launch.

lucas.scott

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Exactly...but i gotta say im pretty hype. Im a sup for att tech support (yes most of us have VZW), so i have been able to use the reference models here of the 8x and 920... 920 is a tank. Its very nice, but its awkward to hold. But i also think the 900 is awkward. Thats merely opinion.

I sold my s3 and iphone, picked up a Surface and have been rocking the 7.8 Trophy rom for a couple weeks now. Getting the 8x will truly allow me to get my MS ****** on haha.

But really... as soon as someone preorders online and can verify they kept unlimited data...please post.

lucas.scott

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Success!

Just letting you guys know i got mine pre ordered and was able to keep my unlimited data by paying full retail price. Order came to $600.78.....worth every penny.

Agpe17

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I agree, mine went smoothly at 1 am as well! I still haven't gotten my "receipt" from VZW yet, but I'm hoping it ships soon! Also picked up the anti-glare screen protectors, as well as a clear case.

Scorpio5x0

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Though I seem to have read this post late. It is not necessary to pay full retail price to keep unlimited data on VZW as long as you have at least a basic phone under the account. You upgrade the basic phone at subsidized price. But activate the 8x on the line that has the unlimited data. The key is not changing the contract on the unlimited data phone line.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte