So, who plans on disassembling their 8x to install verizon's wireless charging?

tofu.

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Once a youtube disassembly tutorial hits and some wireless charging info becomes available, i'm definitely voiding the warranty on my tmobile device.

wireless charging just seems so convenient for the car, especially if you have bluetooth audio streaming.

shinygerbil

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure somebody will figure out a way to do it. Surely there *has* to be a way to take it apart and service it!

I'm totally gonna do it with my o2 8X - unless the weight trade-off is too much.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm confused. There have been numerous info about it being internal and functioning. Why would you need to open it up and install it?

nicooke

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
The One X is a similar unibody style - but people found that basically a guitar pick and suction cup could pry the edges of the screen out of the plastic shell. I would only do it if it is really easy though as it isn't a hardship to plug it in.

tofu.

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm confused. There have been numerous info about it being internal and functioning. Why would you need to open it up and install it?

i worded my post poorly.

i was referring to taking the verizon wirless charging back plate and putting it on the 8x from other carriers (att, tmobile). or just retrofitting a custom wireless charging solution on your own.

shinygerbil

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Right then. Massive bump time.

Verizon users, who wants to sacrifice their phone so us poor non-Verizon folk can find out how to put in a wireless charging coil? ;)

xenomorph1030

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
HTC second gen didnt have memory cards, this gen wont either, its much slower at reading so they scrapped it.
What is that based on? I'm not sure what second generation means for HTC since they pump out so many phones. Until someone cracks this open, I wouldn't jump to that conclusion yet. In my eyes, it is much easier to make a phone with a microSD slot (UHS-1 speed is 104mb/s) and have a 8GB and 16GB model as they do. The phone is the exact same except for the bump in memory and they charge $100 more for a card that is $12.

agolding

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
The titan and radar have built in memory. Was discovered with a teardown. The system design is similar to all htcs android internals which use internal memory. The memory cards were recycled win mobile and android handsets

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos