Windows Phone 8 owners, post your start screen!

Fuzzeke

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I liked the headers at first on my Start Screen, but I later realized that it greatly reduces/limits customization imo. And if you want to change the order of the sections, it takes you FOREVER if you have a lot of them with a lot of tiles under each. I just had more fun without them. Just my $.02.

Yeah you got a good point. At this point I did fine-tune it a little bit, but I can see myself struggling when I want to re-arrange my tiles :)

Westiemom

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
The Microsoft Store has the Incipio Feather in yellow. I have in grey and it's a great case. I may get one in yellow for my black 8X ;)

The Microsoft Store has the Incipio Feather in yellow. I have in grey and it's a great case. I may get one in yellow for my black 8X ;)

Thanks, I found the Rock Hard case on Ebay and it is exactly the same yellow/lime as the HTC color. It is made very similar to the Incipio Feather - very minimal. It looks great with the gray body of the phone and the yellow/lime earpiece bar. The blue Doubleshot was my favorite, but now I can't get away from using this one, it looks too good!

Some pics....
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

And my latest screenshot:
image.jpg

Kavu2

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
How have you managed to get the titles in there?

As I noted at the bottom of my prior post...
I made the titles with 'Tile Label'
Tile Label | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

They insert like any Live Tile. You'll note I used a medium sized Medium Live Tile in order to get larger text. And I had to leave space above the title which appears as black backgound even tho it's really part of the title tile. That required some maneuvering but also provided unexpected interesting layouts. I wanted to move to a grouping format of apps(with a title) for easier locating of apps. I got tired of the shotgun location system. This format is a bit closer to a 'tabbing' system. I do find that I can find my apps quicker.

One word about the title app. Altho it's written in Chinese(?)...it's very intuitive and easy to use. And I chose it b/c it had some title variations not seen in other title apps.

One weakness in this title-app-grouping system is that as you add apps, your layout will likely change and creativity is once again called upon. But I consider that a good thing since I consider the WP8 layout system to be a work-in-progress...always changing as apps come and go etc. And, for me, the addition of 'white space' as a design element is what separates WP8 from any other standard app grid formats. True, the Live Tiles and different sizes add dramatic departures from identical iOS and Android formats...but I think the additional freedom in WP8 and the use of 'white space' is one step further. Even tho I'm up to 4 'screen' lengths, it's still but a flick and a second or so with WP8's fluid scrolling to get to my most remote app grouping.

Bottom line, I think titles are a big aid in organization in lieu of Folders...which might even be a step backwards at this point.
Hope this is helpful.

Andre Heizer

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Love this idea, I like to imagine windows home screens like I imagine bedrooms. Pretty much used for one thing, but everyone has a different way of doing it.
Lockscreen:
WPL.jpg

Homescreen
WPH1.PNG

WPH2.jpg

WPH3.jpg

WPH4.jpg

WPH5.jpg

eduardopl

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Here is mine