Read Me (Tips for 8X)

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
If you have reboot, connectivity issues, strange delay issues, under carrier, apn + mms, try to switch from ipv6+ipv4 to ipv4 only.
If you have battery issues, make sure that you don't double install email accounts, if your primary MS account is me@hotmail.com, don't add it again under office or mail accounts, the phone will get into trouble. Switch off not needed background tasks, Bluetooth, WiFi and location if you are not using them. Use Medium for brightness if possible.
Update the HTC apps, they have been updated to reduce power drainage.
CNN and some apps will not run if you block them as background tasks. If you don't need em, delete them.
Ask questions here... A group of people always knows more... I hope ;-)

19 Dec. 2012 Note: This is a very old post of mine. You should look for 8X Battery tips and Tricks, another post of mine which contains loads of information on many things. But if ou have any questions... sure post them here, I will will always try to answer.

Last edited:

PTJeeper

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I accidentally started to create an email account under the wrong settings - now it won't let me delete it. I started to create a microsoft account (thinking I was signing in to my .live account) and then figured it out. now I can't delete it, and I think it is affecting my ability to enter into a 'room.' When I press and hold, it only displays 'sync' as an option - any way to delete this? I'm on verizon.
Thanks!

jwballing

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Another tip is if you flash is not working for camera it could be that your battery is low. battery saver will not help and being pluggin in wont either. it neds to be above a certain percentage.

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm. Can you not change the settings. Then try to delete it?
What could also work, is to reboot the phone once, then immediately try to delete that account.
Or try in flight mode.

Ele7eN

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I accidentally started to create an email account under the wrong settings - now it won't let me delete it. I started to create a microsoft account (thinking I was signing in to my .live account) and then figured it out. now I can't delete it, and I think it is affecting my ability to enter into a 'room.' When I press and hold, it only displays 'sync' as an option - any way to delete this? I'm on verizon.
Thanks!

As far as I know, the only way to change the "Microsoft Account" on your phone is to do a hard reset.

frankiect

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
If you have reboot, connectivity issues, strange delay issues, under carrier, apn + mms, try to switch from ipv6+ipv4 to ipv4 only.
Thank you for the good tips kind sir, but I can't seem to find where to change theese settings. When I got my phone, I popped in the microsim and the apn was automatically configured, and under mobile network I can't find where to switch from ipv6 to ipv4.

L0cke

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Another tip is if you flash is not working for camera it could be that your battery is low. battery saver will not help and being pluggin in wont either. it neds to be above a certain percentage.

Yeah, very odd and annoying feature. I head it was if below 24%.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire