11-27-2012 03:50 PM
640 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    You can cancel at anytime be for the the payment is processed. Once the payment processes you can't cancel

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    That's my point if it was ready to ship the payment would be processed by now at least from my past experiences trying to cancel orders with them.
    11-14-2012 11:38 AM
    That's my point if it was ready to ship the payment would be processed by now at least from my past experiences trying to cancel orders with them.
    i know, im aware of that. like i said when i get to work today ill look into it and see wtf is going on.
    Chris Lawrence likes this.
    11-14-2012 11:46 AM
    I just checked with support for my ship date

From the transcript:
    Jayce: That phone is not set to ship until 11/27
    Jayce: When did you place the order.?
    Jay: the 9th
    Jayce: Okay, you would have to wait at least a week for the order to process

err, why preorder if I have to wait almost 2 weeks for the phone to ship. I just cancelled and am going to try my luck tomorrow.
    11-14-2012 11:50 AM
    You can cancel at anytime be for the the payment is processed. Once the payment processes you can't cancel

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    i know, im aware of that. like i said when i get to work today ill look into it and see wtf is going on.
    No worries man sorry for my tone was just frustrated by the lack of communication on Verizon's part. I'm worried next weeks DNA order might get the same treatment right before the holiday weekend.
    11-14-2012 11:54 AM
    Called local VZW store and they have the Nokia in stock for tomorrow, but no 8X as of yet. Not promising news...
    11-14-2012 11:58 AM
    Called local VZW store and they have the Nokia in stock for tomorrow, but no 8X as of yet. Not promising news...
    Called up VZW in Hoboken, NJ, and they are now saying they don't know when it's coming in. Very frustrating, and now I just learned about this whole gmail not syncing and crashing business. I want my WP8 but I am officially starting to have doubts.
    11-14-2012 12:02 PM
    Just stopped at my local corporate Verizon store. The lady was very helpful and adamant that they would have the 8x tomorrow. I asked her politely if she could check for sure. She pulled up the transit notifications and, presto, the 8x is not on them. So, it is unlikely that at least this store will have them for launch tomorrow. She did, of course, have an entire box of Lumias sitting behind the counter...
    Last edited by Rob Kalinsky; 11-14-2012 at 03:26 PM. Reason: Fix typo.
    11-14-2012 12:05 PM
    Called up VZW in Hoboken, NJ, and they are now saying they don't know when it's coming in. Very frustrating, and now I just learned about this whole gmail not syncing and crashing business. I want my WP8 but I am officially starting to have doubts.
    agree.

im starting to feel like a mylar balloon thats been left out in the sun too long lol
    11-14-2012 12:29 PM
    Welp I just talked to the VZW store in Torrance, CA. They said the 8X is launching tomorrow. I'll be ready at the store to let you know how it goes.
    11-14-2012 12:30 PM
    Totally forgot about that. So we'll have them Wednesday at the earliest.
    FedEx isnt closed, and Verizon uses them. Shouldn't have posed a threat to this big issue.

Also, just called my local VZW. They will have the 8x tomorrow, SO I'M THERE. Cancelling my pre-order today.

Just so you guys know as well, I got an email from an agent who emailed the actual WAREHOUSE about the shipping issue for my order (and, essentially, all of yours...)

She said those who had an 11/13 ship date, are pushed to 11/15 shipping.
    11-14-2012 12:32 PM
    Well I just talked to the VZW store in Torrance, CA. They said the 8X is launching tomorrow. I'll be ready at the store to let you know how it goes.
    I wish you luck. My store said just because it launches tomorrow, doesn't necessarily mean they will have them in stock.
    11-14-2012 12:34 PM
    Called the Burlington, MA Verizon store. They didn't know. Meh, I'm starting to lean towards the black one, which might ship first, so I may just go ahead, pre-order, and stop thinking about it too much.
    11-14-2012 12:34 PM
    Just called my local corp store. He said "It is the launch day, we should have it in stock".

I didn't mention anything about tomorrow being a "Launch Day" other than just asking if they'd have the 8x instock tomorrow.
    Agpe17 likes this.
    11-14-2012 12:37 PM
    Just called my local corp store. He said "It is the launch day, we should have it in stock".

I didn't mention anything about tomorrow being a "Launch Day" other than just asking if they'd have the 8x instock tomorrow.
    My store said the same thing, which is great. Chances are I'll be there at 8:30!
    11-14-2012 12:40 PM
    Called a local store, and she said they "should" have them in stock tomorrow, but they haven't received anything yet. She did mention she wasn't sure how many they'd get in a way that made it sound like she was expecting a small amount. She told me to call later this afternoon, and they should have an idea because they get their shipments in the afternoons. Will report back if I hear anything positive, but won't cancel my preorder until it's in my hands.
    11-14-2012 12:43 PM
    So, I'm bored during a lunch break, so I called the Cambridge, MA (Harvard Square) corporate store. They actually have the 822 in stock today but the guy wasn't sure when the HTC was coming in. He was significantly more helpful than the rep from Burlington.

I might drop by there tomorrow during my break and see if the HTC happens to be there.
    11-14-2012 12:45 PM
    I've canceled my pre-order too. Not worth it to "maybe" get my phone tomorrow. I'll just go in store. if they have it, great, if not, I wait.
    11-14-2012 12:49 PM
    I asked @VZWSupport on Twitter what was going on and they asked I send a DM with my info in it so they could check my account. He replied back saying that 11/13 was an 'estimated' ship date but would still look into it further.
    11-14-2012 12:50 PM
    I was just in Harvard Square and Kendall Square today (flew out of Boston). Beautiful area and city!!
    Last edited by lunchboxxxx02; 11-14-2012 at 12:51 PM. Reason: typo
    fierywater likes this.
    11-14-2012 12:50 PM
    Did most of you pre-order your phone online and have it shipped to your house? I pre-ordered mine with the agent in the store. Do you think that makes any difference? Mine is shipping to the store and the agent is supposed to call me.
    11-14-2012 12:51 PM
    I think a majority did it online...

I just also cancelled my pre-order. Feels pretty good. I'll be dropping by the store tomorrow to get mine!
    11-14-2012 12:54 PM
    Imagine what the forum is gonna be like if we all go to the store tomorrow morning and they don't have any
    fierywater and 11B1P like this.
    11-14-2012 12:57 PM
    Imagine what the forum is gonna be like if we all go to the store tomorrow morning and they don't have any
    If that's the case, I doubt the forum will be left. Just some smoldering server somewhere after it's been tipped over, smashed and torched by angry Verizon Windows Phone users...

Well, at least that's what I'd like to think would happen. Would be far more entertaining than all the whining and complaining.
    11B1P likes this.
    11-14-2012 01:01 PM
    this is true in my experiences as well even when i tried to order a razr maxx last year and they were backordered they processed my payment before it shipped so when i too just cancelled my 8x preorder it cancelled very quickly which did seem odd
    11-14-2012 01:02 PM
    I called all my stores at lunch time. One said "What is that?" another said they have no work from Corporate when the official ship date is. And the 3rd guy asked what phone I was looking for told him and he was LIKE OMG yes they new Windows phone comes out tomorrow and we will have both the Nokia and HTC phones. Just very sad how many people only worry about iphones and Androids.
    11-14-2012 01:02 PM
640 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD