11-27-2012 03:50 PM
640 ... 1213141516 ...
tools
    Actually, it does make sense. I knew what it meant because a) I currently only have one phone ordered with Verizon, b) that phone has obviously been delayed, and c) I'd already seen that others who pre-ordered received the same email. It was contextually obvious.
    Noted. Verizon are a bunch of ****up's anyway. I hope they can't decipher that if they're reading this.
    11-14-2012 04:12 PM
    Am I the only one who didn't get an email?
    11-14-2012 04:24 PM
    Noted. Verizon are a bunch of ****up's anyway. I hope they can't decipher that if they're reading this.
    Sorry for my earlier comment. I knew at one point the Accord was the 8X and the 8S is the Rio but just spaced it. I had no problems being reminded the Accord is the 8X (at my age I'm forgetting more and more each day). All I did was post a message that I'm annoyed with Verizon and it's pathetic that they can't give a ship date the day before they launch a phone. I didn't think it was worthy of being told to "get a clue" (not by you, but someone else) and "do some research".

Bottom line, I overreacted. My apologies.
    11-14-2012 04:25 PM
    My issue is do I order this one or wait for the employee edition...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    GeoffEff likes this.
    11-14-2012 04:26 PM
    Just got to work. The phones launch nationally in all channels tomorrow. So if you do cancel your order, you'll be able to pick one up in store

I have not yet
    I ordered the red HTC 8X on the 9th and was given a ship date of the 19th. I just received the "Accord" email a few minutes ago. This level of incompetence is truly astounding.
    No I haven't got it, neither. It could be due to when I preordered it, I did my preorder Saturday at 0945am. So they're probably rolling it out by order.
    11-14-2012 04:27 PM
    K. You win. Good for you.
    Sorry for my earlier comment. All I did was forget the 8X is the Accord, post a message that I'm annoyed with Verizon and it's pathetic that they can't give a ship date the day before they launch a phone. I didn't think it was worthy of being told to "get a clue". That said, bottom line, I overreacted. My apologies.
    11-14-2012 04:27 PM
    My credit card was just charged by Verizon for a Black 8x!!!
    11-14-2012 04:29 PM
    My issue is do I order this one or wait for the employee edition..
    Is there anything special besides the lower price? Some extra feature? (If there are special features, what would they be? Color?) If there's nothing special about the employee version then it comes down to if you want to spend the the extra money to get it now...
    11-14-2012 04:31 PM
    Just spoke with a rep from the Internet Orders department. I asked if I could upgrade my shipping to overnight since next week I won't be available to sign for it, she was told by her supervisor that everyone that with the ship date of 11/13 will automatically be upgraded to overnight shipping. I asked if I could have this noted in my account, she said that the email with the final ship date will inform me of the free upgrade.
    I hope this is true; waiting to speak with a rep now about it.
    11-14-2012 04:34 PM
    SO did he reserve 2 for you?
    So I just wanted to update. "Tony," the rep I spoke with earlier online called me back. He said he was going to call the local stores to reserve my 2 phones since his internal information showed it would be available.

He told me that after speaking with multiple stores, they are only doing direct fulfillment and to not cancel my pre-order. Said there is no guarantee they will have it tomorrow since the stores currently have no stock of that phone.

Take it for what it is, but I'm holding my order until they appear somewhere. I'm not happy with the delay, but such is life.
    11-14-2012 04:34 PM
    believe it's grey
    11-14-2012 04:35 PM
    My credit card was just charged by Verizon for a Black 8x!!!
    That's great man, good for you. I wish US BLUE HEADS HAD THAT LUCK!

But again...I will HOPEFULLY have my blue 8x tomorrow. PRE-ORDER FREE, and in the flesh of the VZW store...
    11-14-2012 04:36 PM
    I was just charged for the black 8X as well.
    11-14-2012 04:39 PM
    I am still holding out hope for a Friday delivery.
    11-14-2012 04:40 PM
    Hey, maybe the black ones will ship today...Lets hope!
    11-14-2012 04:40 PM
    I received my email earlier stating that my phone did not ship on 11/13 as the cosmos had predicted. Also, there was no definitive answer as to when the phone would be shipping - however, any orders from now-on would not ship until the 27th (if they aren't pushed back as well).

I called around and stores will have the phone in stock in the morning (limited supply). My plan is to get the California blue 8X in my hand and call customer service to cancel my preorder (I was instructed that this process would work).

Is anyone else planning on picking up a phone in stores instead?
    11-14-2012 04:49 PM
    Is anyone else planning on picking up a phone in stores instead?
    Yep, if they have them in store. They didn't have any in store or on their "transit list" when I stopped in earlier today. We'll see tomorrow.

I'm hoping I get an email tonight telling me it's shipping and that it's being sent overnight (for free) as others have said they were told...

I'm way to hung up on a phone.
    11-14-2012 04:54 PM
    I didn't get the email nor did I get my card billed. I preordered a black 8x. :-(
    11-14-2012 05:04 PM
    Is there anything special besides the lower price? Some extra feature? (If there are special features, what would they be? Color?) If there's nothing special about the employee version then it comes down to if you want to spend the the extra money to get it now...
    A free wireless charging pillow comes with it as well. Supposed to be in some special color with limited edition branding and serial number as well

11-14-2012 05:16 PM
    So I preordered the HTC 8X on the first day preorder was available and recieved and email stating it would ship on 11/13, well, here it is 11/14 and I don't have a tracking number. Did it really ship or what? Verizon site doesn't give any info either when I Track my Order.
    11-14-2012 05:26 PM
    I forgot too that the Accord and the 8X are the same phone and for a moment I thought that they messed up my order. Well now I have to wait for the next email with the shipping information. I really going to love this phone after all the suffering. I got to see the 8X Saturday at the Best Buy in my area and I really like it. It's beautiful !
    11-14-2012 05:49 PM
    Lol are you guys serious? The HTC Accord is the internal HTC name for the 8X. Get a clue.
    Get a clue? How would the average person know this? From a customer service standpoint for the average consumer it's borderline atrocious, at a minimum highly confusing and likely to generate a lot of calls because they got the order wrong. Never saw Verizon market the 8x as the Accord but maybe I missed something?

Personally, I'm very disappointed to get this memo. Shouldn't they supply pre-order customers before stores? Now they create a logistic nightmare as pre-order customers go to the stores to buy the phone they pre-ordered and end up canceling their pre-orders?
    11-14-2012 05:50 PM
    Well lookie here...

Card was charged earlier this morning. My fail of an iPhone 5 just forgot to tell me.

My info:
    - Black HTC 8x - Preordered Saturday, November 10th - 0930am
    - Pre order page still says ship date 11/13, processing, no tracking info
    - Have yet to receive apology email or final ship date email
    Last edited by registerednurde; 11-14-2012 at 06:01 PM.
    11-14-2012 05:55 PM
640 ... 1213141516 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD