"Ship BY 11/13" VZW 8X confusion

Matt Levan

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Pre-order status recently became unavailable

I just re-checked my pre-order status online and now it says "We are unable to locate your order at this time. Please check the information you entered and try again." Well, I double-checked my order conf. number; I entered the correct one (as well as the correct last name). Maybe this is good... maybe this means that VZW is updating my order status and adding a tracking #?! Hope so. Anyone else getting this?

Keckpec29

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Does Verizon 800 # customer service have the ability to check local in-store stock? They open 2 hours before our store so I would like to be able to check so I can so some finagling to get out of work for a bit.

lowercontrol

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Pre-ordered my 8x "Blue" on 11/9.

Checking order status this morning still indicates: "Expected Ship Date: 11/13".

I also have not received the "apology" email others have.....

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Screwed by PreOrder Process

They flagged the 11/9 preorder as shipped last night and charged credit card so I can’t cancel order. People were cancelling preorders yesterday so they can go to store today and Verizon got smart and trapped in whoever didn’t cancel yet. No tracking number available yet.

UPGRADE ELIGIBILITY REMOVED FROM LINE. So I would have to pay full price at store. Return of preorder could take a week to free up eligibility status.

:mad:

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Pre-ordered my 8x "Blue" on 11/9.

Checking order status this morning still indicates: "Expected Ship Date: 11/13".

I also have not received the "apology" email others have.....

I am in the same boat. COnfirmation pages says Expected ship 11/13 and no emails to tell me otherwise. (As of 8:30am Thursday launch morning).

Agpe17

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I am in the same boat. COnfirmation pages says Expected ship 11/13 and no emails to tell me otherwise. (As of 8:30am Thursday launch morning).

That's such a bummer man. For you, and everyone else who's in that boat...

This entire pre-order was completely a shock to VZW...it had to be for this sort of response and shipping issues.

I'm working, so I actually have my father getting the device for me at 9:30 when my local VZW opens (it's a full retail purchase, so no account tinkering necessary)! I won't get to really setup and play with it until after school (I teach!) around 3:00!

BRUTAL.

netsatwork

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Just got off the phone with business support and was told they might have a tracking number for me within five hours, but I will not get the phone today nor can I go to the store and get one. She said there was an internal memo sent to cs reps last night stating that 8X pre-orders will not meet the promised ship date, but she didn't say when the ship date might be. Very annoying.

evilkingteapot

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Well I did It

*rant*
I cancelled my order even though it was "pending" and "charged" and they said that I would not be eligible for an upgrade for over a week. So disgusted that no one can seem to tell me where the phone is, when it would ship, why it's delayed. The response from Verizon with everyone cancelling yesterday was to charge the cards so they couldn't buy it in store. I may end up jumping ship to another service provider - although I can't say it's any better elsewhere.

I get that it's only a phone, but something is systematically wrong when a company the size of Verizon can't provide more of an update than "We'll send you an email when it ships. Have 30% off a plastic case we manufacture for 15 cents." Something is wrong when a company's call center is so isolated and removed from their shipping centers that no one can give an update other than "It's in the warehouse, it should probably ship today." for three days straight. No one knows where the phones are, why they are delayed, or why they are at stores when they are not shipping to people who pre-ordered them.

I could have lived with an email yesterday that said - "We're sorry it didn't ship on time but if you'd like to purchase in store call us to cancel your order." That would have been the appropriate response - not charging my credit card before something ships.

Hire a freaking PR company if you're that inept at handling delays.
*end rant*

Edit:
Maybe I'm the idiot - every store I've talked to who will "definitely" have them is now "hoping" they will receive them at some point today. Lumina 920?

Last edited:

GarrettSR5

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm beyond mad. "We don't have any, we will have them on the 17th"
Are you ****ing kidding me Verizon

Called 3 stores, all getting them on the 17th.

schartzr

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone have any stores telling them they have 8x's in stock?

I called one store by me yesterday and asked if they would have the new Windows phone in stock tomorrow. He said yes. I said you will have both the Nokia and the HTC phone he said yes. I said are you 100% sure he said yes. So we will see.

kpxstar9

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Well you can chalk this one up to HTC not supplying us the phone. My store didn't even have the display phone yet yesterday (busiest store in the country)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

corn_chowder

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
If anyone in the DMV (DC, Maryland, Virginia) knows of stores where the 8X is actually available, please advise. Thanks.

Will do. if you hear of any please relay that info as well.

On a separate note - if I've preordered, they've charged my card (but no updates on whether it shipped yet), can I cancel the order? Or do I have to do the whole refuse shipment thing? Does that effect my upgrade eligibility?

VinceCL

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I pre-ordered my HTC 8X on 11/9. Of course, I'm in the same boat as all of you guys, noticing last night that my card had been charged, but no shipping information. I ordered my wife a Droid 4 at the same time (she has to have a real keyboard :)), and now they are telling me it shipped, but the HTC is back ordered.

Okay, now they are telling me that my iPhone 4 shipped, but doesn't have a tracking number. Jeez, it is a Droid 4. The longer I talk to them, the more faith I lose in the abilities... Oh wait, now it has been released for shipping, but not actually shipped... ARG!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss