11-27-2012 03:50 PM
640 ... 2122232425 ...
tools
    Guys, please let me know if anyone got this on the Verizon status check screen. I check my order status and today for the first time the response was different and I got exited. Unfortunally the info is confusing, It shows the following:

• Courier :
      Ship Date:

No courier name, no ship date and still says it will ship 11/13. I was told by customer service that the blue phone will ship 11/19.
      Anybody got something like this ?
    When your phone actually ships, next to the little plus/minus sign will be a series of numbers, part of which will be your tracking number. Courier will say FEDEX, my status is blank, but the shipping date filled in as 11/14/12 (which is a lie, as it actually shipped 11/15/12).

Hope that helps :)
    11-17-2012 06:18 PM
    For what it;s worth, I ordered a blue one and never got any info. Went into the store and saw a blue display model and realized it was near purple and just picked up a black one right there. Couldn't be happier.
    11-17-2012 06:21 PM
    I just check my credit card and there is a pending transaction for the exact amount of my order. I guess this is a good sign, maybe they will ship on monday.
    11-17-2012 06:22 PM
    I just got this too, I take it as Progress :)

Guys, please let me know if anyone got this on the Verizon status check screen. I check my order status and today for the first time the response was different and I got exited. Unfortunally the info is confusing, It shows the following:

• Courier :
      Ship Date:

No courier name, no ship date and still says it will ship 11/13. I was told by customer service that the blue phone will ship 11/19.
      Anybody got something like this ?
    11-17-2012 06:51 PM
    Man..it's crazy that I started this thread on the 10th, when I'd done my pre-order, and had an odd feeling about the madness that WOULD EVENTUALLY be Verizon's confusion with this entire launch.

Crazy that I have since then cancelled my pre-order, got my 8x on launch (11/15), and it STILL hasn't shipped out to all who pre-ordered! This is INSANE...

To all of those waiting: IN DUE TIME, and it'll be well worth it! Keep the heads up!
    ut_jd likes this.
    11-17-2012 06:57 PM
    It really is too bad Verizon had to use FedEx to ship our phones. FedEx standard service does NOT include Saturday delivery; thus, my 8X is literally sitting in a sorting/distribution center only miles away from my house. PLUS, they aren't allowing me to pick up the package myself at their facility. LAME. It should be here on Monday...
    11-17-2012 07:56 PM
    I wouldn't mind waiting so much if it wasn't so apparent that it is going to arrive after I've departed for Thanksgiving. Yes I know what couriers are _supposed_ to do, but ours...doesn't. I'd honestly rather have it ship 11/27 than 11/19 2nd day. le sigh.
    11-17-2012 08:12 PM
    It really is too bad Verizon had to use FedEx to ship our phones. FedEx standard service does NOT include Saturday delivery; thus, my 8X is literally sitting in a sorting/distribution center only miles away from my house. PLUS, they aren't allowing me to pick up the package myself at their facility. LAME. It should be here on Monday...
    This is the exact same situation as myself! Oh well, just one more day...
    11-18-2012 08:35 AM
    Just got my shipment notification with a tracking number for my blue 8X. Should be arriving on the 21st. The CSR who told me next day shipping was misinformed, as I suspected. It's coming via two day. Just glad it finally shipped.
    Greyfish7 likes this.
    11-18-2012 01:16 PM
    hey me too! of course I will be out of town the 21st...do'h!

Let's go Blue!

Just got my shipment notification with a tracking number for my blue 8X. Should be arriving on the 21st. The CSR who told me next day shipping was misinformed, as I suspected. It's coming via two day. Just glad it finally shipped.
    11-18-2012 01:27 PM
    Haven't received an email notification of shipment, but my credit card does show a pending transaction from Verizon dated yesterday. Hooray!
    I almost caved and just got the black at the store yesterday, I'm glad I'm holding out for the blue. I want to stand out from all those with the basic black phones.
    11-18-2012 01:47 PM
    I finally got my ship notice and tracking number for my blue 8x as well. I'm guessing everyone that pre-ordered a blue 8x will be in the same boat finally. One week late, but its amazing how an email can brighten ones day! Now I'll have a new toy to play with during the Thanksgiving holiday.
    11-18-2012 01:51 PM
    I ordered mine and have a confirmation for my blue 8x from1:11am the night of the pre-order and still don't have a tracking number. The card has been charged, but not much else. Hoping that's enough at this point...

I went to 2 local stores yesterday, and while they had 5 in stock at each, an inventory problem in their system wouldn't allow them to sell it to me. At either location. I'm still awaiting a callback from the sales person at the first store who promised she'd get it squared away for me.

Verizon has really proven their uselessness in this whole thing for me. Makes me want to stick with ATT and pick up a 920.
    11-18-2012 02:10 PM
    I pre-ordered one for my wife to be shipped on 11/13 like most of you. Finally got my update notification today via email with a FedEx tracking number indicating FedEx picked up the device Sunday (11/18) in Memphis TN, it'll be in transit Monday and Tuesday, and should arrive Wednesday (11/21) here on the outskirts of Seattle.

Very disappointed since it took ~60 minutes of time on the phone to order the device via their sales dept only to have it delayed like the rest of you. Add two 15 minute follow up calls asking about an update for the missing 11/13 phone. 1 hour 30 minutes spent trying to give them my money to get the phone - on pre-order no less.

I drove by a Verizon store Thursday afternoon on a whim and there was no line and plenty in stock. So I picked mine up in-store Thursday afternoon without any fuss. Tried to cancel wife's order on the spot and they claimed it was 'in-progress' and they couldn't (not true, since they did do this exact thing 2 years ago when the same scenario played out with our matching Droid Incredibles). Very disappointed that it's arriving 6 days later, after extensive wrestling and a suppossed 'pre-order' - and 5 days after I walked into a store and purchased one straight up.

I can understand shipping delays. But this could have been handled better at the start (ordering took way too long), and when the delay occurred (an email was nice, but no ETA was a bummer) and it all played out almost a week later than a pre-order customer should have had to wait.

Whether it's DSL, home phone service or the 3 batches of phones we've ordered from Verizon over the years, I have to say it's the same: Great service once it's up and running. But a royal pain to get, change or order new service or devices.
    11-18-2012 08:35 PM
    Well, we made to "On FedEx vehicle for delivery", so it should be sometime today...fingers crossed it won't be 7:00pm, lol.
    11-19-2012 10:23 AM
    I checked my credit card and the charge for my phone is official. The web site does not show a tracking number yet. I called customer service and all they can tell me is that is out of the warehouse if they already charged me, but when it gets in the FedEx truck then they get a tracking number. I guess I have to keep waiting and hope that I will see a trucking number today. Did you guys get your tracking numbers soon after the credit card was charged or you had to wait a while ?
    11-19-2012 01:10 PM
    I checked my credit card and the charge for my phone is official. The web site does not show a tracking number yet. I called customer service and all they can tell me is that is out of the warehouse if they already charged me, but when it gets in the FedEx truck then they get a tracking number. I guess I have to keep waiting and hope that I will see a trucking number today. Did you guys get your tracking numbers soon after the credit card was charged or you had to wait a while ?
    Same place you are, same answer you got. Card was charged over the weekend, website switched from "pre-order" to "order", but still no tracking number. Person I spoke with today swears it will ship today via 2-day and I'll have it by/on Wednesday. At this point I have very little confidence in that being true. :)
    11-19-2012 01:56 PM
    If your card has been charged then yeah you should receive it on Wednesday. Tracking # could appear as late as Wednesday...
    11-19-2012 02:05 PM
    Thanks for the info guys. I did't think that it could take up to the day of delivery to get a tracking #, but now that I know then I won't get desperate if I don't see the number today. As long my 8X is getting close to me it's all that I care. I can't wait to have it in my hands. I saw one in my local BestBuy and is a beauty. I couldn't hold it the way I wanted because of the security cord they put on won't allow it. They had the phone right next to some new tablets and It was the first thing you would see when you walked to the cell phone area. Very well placed to be seen.
    11-19-2012 02:20 PM
    After it charged my card, I think it was around the night time the next day I got an actual tracking number placed on mine.
    11-19-2012 02:21 PM
    Thank you guys for the info. I didn't know that it would take that long to get a tracking #. Then I won't worry if I don't see the # soon. I wonder why it takes that long to get a tracking #, it's kind of useless to get it the day of delivery but I guess it's better than never.
    11-19-2012 02:31 PM
    Tracking Number:

This is what shows up for my order. Supposedly going to deliver tomorrow since i got overnight delivery....shouldnt i have a tracking njumber by now since it is almost 4pm est?
    11-19-2012 02:40 PM
    I must say that my pre-order experience has been fine. Must better than other companies (*cough* Google). Although I do feel bad for those who have had much worse to this point.

My black 8x is "out for delivery" right now. Based on FedEx's delivery schedule around here I hope to have it around 3PM Pacific. I pre-ordered at VZW.com immediately after it was available. At that time it did indicate shipping on 11/3. I then got the email confirming the delay with 30% off case discount. However, I must say I had a feeling it would be delayed since VZW.com changed shipping to 11/15. I did get my shipping confirmation email on 11/15, but noticed VZW.com shipping had moved to 11/27 or 29th (don't remember exactly). So, I would think if pre-ordered a black 8x when they first were available to do so, then you should be getting your device today. Good luck to all!
    11-19-2012 03:13 PM
    FedEx just delivered it! Woo-hoo!!
    11-19-2012 03:31 PM
    Congratulations, let us know how the setup was.
    11-19-2012 03:34 PM
640 ... 2122232425 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD