"Ship BY 11/13" VZW 8X confusion

schartzr

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
How @to81mn514 did you get over night shipping? If not they are all shipping today with 2 day shipping not sure you will get it tomorrow.

schartzr

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
OMG this is CRAZY I just called back in and now they told me that it wont ship till the 16.....WTF. They have no idea what is going on. I told him that their website said ship by the 13th and he said that would have the most accurate information, but that as of now it is going to ship on the 16th. WHY can they not get their ac together and get this figured out.

to81mn514

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I did not request over-night shipping but she told me she was looking at my account information and that it was marked for over-night shipping and that the phone was at the shipping facility marked to be shipped out today

schartzr

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Well I would call back and be sure. I had one lady say it was shipping today. And called back and a guy told me it wasnt shipping till the 16th.

rkremers

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I preordered right around 10:00 PM PST, shortly after the preorders went live. I called to see if I could get a shipping estimate and the first thing the lady says is, "is this for the iPhone 5?" I say no, and she says, "Oh, I saw this was an iconic device, and just assumed."

Anyway, she says it won't ship until the 27th because my order is back ordered... Needless to say, I'm hoping she is wrong. I explained that I preordered a few minutes after they appeared online, and she said my specific order is still back ordered.

She did say she thinks the phone will be in store tomorrow, so I'm going to go to a Verizon store near my work to see if I can snag on there. If so, she said I can cancel my preorder.

FYI, this is for the California Blue 8x.

schartzr

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I preordered right around 10:00 PM PST, shortly after the preorders went live. I called to see if I could get a shipping estimate and the first thing the lady says is, "is this for the iPhone 5?" I say no, and she says, "Oh, I saw this was an iconic device, and just assumed."

Anyway, she says it won't ship until the 27th because my order is back ordered... Needless to say, I'm hoping she is wrong. I explained that I preordered a few minutes after they appeared online, and she said my specific order is still back ordered.

She did say she thinks the phone will be in store tomorrow, so I'm going to go to a Verizon store near my work to see if I can snag on there. If so, she said I can cancel my preorder.

That is what they told me too. And I might just do that.

Agpe17

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Latest update from an online agent:

"XXXXXX.: Yes this device would be shipped out today, May I ask Andrew did you get the chance to save money on accessories for this device? We currently offer 20% off 3 and 30% off on 5"

How do agents have DIFFERENT info? As of now (or NOW AGENT), IT'S SHIPPING TODAY THOUGH! lol

schartzr

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site

Latest update from an online agent:

"XXXXXX.: Yes this device would be shipped out today, May I ask Andrew did you get the chance to save money on accessories for this device? We currently offer 20% off 3 and 30% off on 5"

How do agents have DIFFERENT info? As of now (or NOW AGENT), IT'S SHIPPING TODAY THOUGH! lol

Agreed, the first person I talked to said it was ready to ship today, called back an hour later and now it wont ship till the 16th. WTF. I mean really? Can they not get the right stuff together and figure it out. I feel bad for the iPhone people who order and have to wait same for the Note II

Also they all say the same thing so this is a preorder for an iPhone 5 I am like NO. It is the HTC 8X and several are like What is that I dont know what they phone is. I am like REALLY? WOW

SwearWord

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Maybe it's location specific? If people post what state they're getting shipped to and when they were told they'd get it maybe we'll see a pattern.

sallyhats

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
In store availability

Hello all,

Is the HTC 8X going to be available in store tomorrow morning? I called a Verizon store in Hoboken, NJ and they said that the phone would be in store on the 15th.

Has anyone heard any different for verizon stores in the Manahttan area? I sold my iphone and have been walking around with a palm pre lol.

SwearWord

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Me: Hi I preordered an HTC 8x, I was wondering when I can expect verizon to ship it?
XXXX: Tomorrow.
Me: Thanks, do you know when it's available in stores?
XXXX: To the best of my knowledge, Thursday, since they try to have pre-ordered devices arrive the day it comes out in stores.
I'm in NJ and I expect it to ship on the 13th and arrive on the 15th

Last edited:

corn_chowder

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
VZW HTC 8X Colors

Anyone notice the colors on vzw's site for the 8x look darker? Is this just the photos that are posted or do you think the vzw versions might have different shades?

I actually prefer the way they look on the site vs. what we've seen in review videos.

Agpe17

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm in NJ and I expect it to ship on the 13th and arrive on the 15th

Im also in NJ...

Now being told ALL phones ship tomorrow, regardless of where people ordered from!

I know it's just a phone, and we can ALL wait, but again, the PRINCIPLE. How can some agents say today and some say tomorrow?

*****UPDATE
AGENT: It will ship today, but it will arrive tomorrow. It takes two days.
Andrew: Wait...
Andrew: so it IS or ISN'T shipping today?
AGENT: It is shipping today, arriving tomorrow.

It blows me away...

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb