"Ship BY 11/13" VZW 8X confusion

rkremers

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Tried calling a retail store to check when they'd have them in stock due to my preorder being backordered until the 27th, and they had no idea when the phones would be in stock. Said they "think" the 18th.

SwearWord

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Im also in NJ...

Now being told ALL phones ship tomorrow, regardless of where people ordered from!

I know it's just a phone, and we can ALL wait, but again, the PRINCIPLE. How can some agents say today and some say tomorrow?

*****UPDATE
AGENT: It will ship today, but it will arrive tomorrow. It takes two days.
Andrew: Wait...
Andrew: so it IS or ISN'T shipping today?
AGENT: It is shipping today, arriving tomorrow.

It blows me away...

He first says it will ship today and take two days. Then he says it will arrive tomorrow. Today + 2 days is not tomorrow. This is crazy.

Agpe17

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
He first says it will ship today and take two days. Then he says it will arrive tomorrow. Today + 2 days is not tomorrow. This is crazy.

I think he meant TODAY AND TOMORROW, 2 full days. Maybe it won't arrive until tomorrow night is what he's hinting at?

Andrew: ARRIVING tomorrow -- just verifying! (I must've said this 10 times!)

AGENT: I am just telling you what I am seeing. I can not promise anything once it's in the shipping process. Anything can happen. Please do not get your hopes up and things do not work out the way you plan. I am simply providing you with the information I see. It should arrive tomorrow Andrew.

---the saga continues!

ut_jd

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Confused

Hey guys, how are you seeing that your preorder is back-ordered? When I check my order status, all it says is "We have received your order and it is in process.". Should I still expect it to ship bt the 13th or is that all out the window now?

SwearWord

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I think he meant TODAY AND TOMORROW, 2 full days. Maybe it won't arrive until tomorrow night is what he's hinting at?

Andrew: ARRIVING tomorrow -- just verifying! (I must've said this 10 times!)

AGENT: I am just telling you what I am seeing. I can not promise anything once it's in the shipping process. Anything can happen. Please do not get your hopes up and things do not work out the way you plan. I am simply providing you with the information I see. It should arrive tomorrow Andrew.

---the saga continues!

Yeah I guess we'll know by tomorrow. I just want it out of Verizon's hands and into fedex's

ut_jd

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Tried calling a retail store to check when they'd have them in stock due to my preorder being backordered until the 27th, and they had no idea when the phones would be in stock. Said they "think" the 18th.
How do you know that your preorder is back-ordered? When I check my order status, all it says is "We have received your order and it is in process."

rkremers

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
How do you know that your preorder is back-ordered? When I check my order status, all it says is "We have received your order and it is in process."

That's what mine says. I called customer service because other people were reporting that their status online had a suggested shipping date, yet mine still said, "Not available at this time."

That's when I was told my order is backordered until the 27th, despite ordering very shortly after the link went live.

SwearWord

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site

Not everyone's status says Ship By 13th, some are delayed. Might have something to do with color/location.

kpxstar9

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
let me f-ing clarify this for everyone in this thread:

the phones will ALL ship out TOMORROW (11/13) and be delivered in 2 business days (11/15)--launch date.

the reps you're all talking to are outsourced customer service reps who dont even work for vzw, which is why you're getting all the misinformation.

edit: this is for the black/blue versions. red ones will ship by 11/21

Agpe17

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
let me f-ing clarify this for everyone in this thread:

the phones will ALL ship out TOMORROW (11/13) and be delivered in 2 business days (11/15)--launch date.

the reps you're all talking to are outsourced customer service reps who dont even work for vzw, which is why you're getting all the misinformation.

edit: this is for the black/blue versions. red ones will ship by 11/21

KPX, relax man. Obviously, it's not ABOUT the phone...it's about Verizon having such unknowledgeble, misinformed reps who can mislead customers. What if this was a gift for someone's birthday, which HAPPENED to be on Wednesday? And people are told it will arrive that day, but it doesn't. It's wrong. Reps should all be on the same page, end of story.

Not trying to irritate other people, but it's clearly an issue when MULTIPLE people complain about it. So we're just trying to sort out who got told what dates, and when. That's the purpose of a forum, isn't it?

ut_jd

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
That's what mine says. I called customer service because other people were reporting that their status online had a suggested shipping date, yet mine still said, "Not available at this time."

That's when I was told my order is backordered until the 27th, despite ordering very shortly after the link went live.
Mine still has an expected ship date of the 13th, but I didn't order until last night. Hopefully someone like you who ordered right after it was posted will not be getting it after someone who just ordered yesterday like me.

kpxstar9

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
KPX, relax man. Obviously, it's not ABOUT the phone...it's about Verizon having such unknowledgeble, misinformed reps who can mislead customers. What if this was a gift for someone's birthday, which HAPPENED to be on Wednesday? And people are told it will arrive that day, but it doesn't. It's wrong. Reps should all be on the same page, end of story.

Not trying to irritate other people, but it's clearly an issue when MULTIPLE people complain about it. So we're just trying to sort out who got told what dates, and when. That's the purpose of a forum, isn't it?

oh, but it is about the phone. people are whipping themselves up into a frenzy over a 1-2 day period.

kpxstar9

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site

multiple people...like the multiple (vocal minority) of people having "issues" with their phones?

rkremers

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Mine still has an expected ship date of the 13th, but I didn't order until last night. Hopefully someone like you who ordered right after it was posted will not be getting it after someone who just ordered yesterday like me.

ya, that would suck for me... but I am not gonna let myself get angry about it. I hope yours ships out today!

I have been emailing someone in Verizon's executive customer care department (IE, they can get ish done if needed) about a problem with my account. I mentioned my order problem to see if she can do anything on her end. I sent that email about an hour ago. We'll see what she is able to pull off.

kpxstar9

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
for the sake of this thread, i actually be at work in an hour and ill check on the shipping dates and timeframes that we're all looking at and ill update this when i get there.

like i said, the majority of the misinformation comes from the online customer service reps who arent actually employed by vzw. they're some 3rd party employee that usually does more harm than good. and i say this b/c ive been dealing with their garbage for the past 6 years that ive worked for corp vzw >_>

Agpe17

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
oh, but it is about the phone. people are whipping themselves up into a frenzy over a 1-2 day period.

Lol of course we WANT the phone, but it's the MANNER in which were being told about th process, that's all. I said it when I started another thread...

I had NEVER pre ordered a phone before. I always go in store on release day. I really wanted the 8x, so I said what the ****, and pre ordered..

After this? Never again. It's absurd. 50 people, 50 different answers.

kpxstar9

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Lol of course we WANT the phone, but it's the MANNER in which were being told about th process, that's all. I said it when I started another thread...

I had NEVER pre ordered a phone before. I always go in store on release day. I really wanted the 8x, so I said what the ****, and pre ordered..

After this? Never again. It's absurd. 50 people, 50 different answers.

you'll have your phone on launch day.

if you want, PM me your pre-order confirmation # and your last name and ill double check it when i get to work in about an hour.

Agpe17

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
multiple people...like the multiple (vocal minority) of people having "issues" with their phones?

There have been a few People chiming in here experiencing the SAME confusion of "SHIP DATE IS THE DELIVERY DATE" or other nonsense that I have (and I've spoken with Verizon reps in CC on the phone as well!)

Not trying to get you angry, just venting about the run-around man. That's all.

kpxstar9

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
i dont know how much clearer i can make it. the SHIP BY date is just that, the latest date that the phone can ship. now occasionally, for whatever reason, some orders fall out of the automated system and have to be processed manually. if that happens, you would get an email saying that your order has been delayed.

now, because the phone hasnt been launched yet, the phones will all ship by the 13th with 2 biz day delivery making the delivery date the 15th, same day as retail launch.

schartzr

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
i dont know how much clearer i can make it. the SHIP BY date is just that, the latest date that the phone can ship. now occasionally, for whatever reason, some orders fall out of the automated system and have to be processed manually. if that happens, you would get an email saying that your order has been delayed.

now, because the phone hasnt been launched yet, the phones will all ship by the 13th with 2 biz day delivery making the delivery date the 15th, same day as retail launch.

Then why isn't the tools you provide for customers working correctly. I mean if it is shipping on the 13th why wouldnt the Order status screen say that? Instead mine like many othes jus says "Expected Ship Date: Not available at this time." I mean why not appease us and put the 13th?

I also have many people over the phone giving me the run around. 4 calls today one said it was already packaged and ready to go one guy said shipping on the 16th (i know he was refering to the iPhone since it is listed also as a iconic device and he did look into it further) and then another person said shipping on the 21st. and lastly should ship by the 13th. I understand 3rd party people but if they are hired by verizon they should be trained and taught the right way to do things.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs