"Ship BY 11/13" VZW 8X confusion

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Time to cancel my pre-order and bag the whole windows phone thing. Just not ready for prime time
uh, your kidding right? this has got to be the most ignorant post ive ever seen!

your going to let the screw-ups at Verizon or htc (we don't know whos at fault yet) dis-sway you from WP8? This is in no way a problem with Windows Phone or Microsoft for that matter!

rkremers

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Yea it was supposed to ship yesterday. It will be in stores on the 15th. I'll double check on that when I get to work today

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

That's just the thing. I was told by an employee at a store that she "thought" it would be in store the 18th. I truly appreciate the info you're giving the forum, but the main problem is no one at verizon seems to have a clue and everyone is saying different things. It's not your fault, and likely not even Verizon's fault, but a little transparency would go a long way. CS should send an email to those who preordered and explain the situation.

kpxstar9

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm really sorry this is turning into such a debacle. I, like the rest of you, am waiting for my phone to ship out as well. When I get to work today I'll check on it and see if I can get some more information

sconrad308

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
On this link depending on what color you click on it shows a different ship by date. Black: 11/15, Blue: 11/19 & Red 11/27. Seems maybe they didn't anticipate this many pre-orders especially in Blue & Red or for some reason HTC is having an issue getting the Verizon ones shipped and made quick enough.

Set Your Location

MojoHand69

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I am getting flashbacks of a not so pretty moment in my life involving something called The Thunderbolt.

I remember the Thunderbolt debacle and am still limping along with mine. Because of that expereince I was hestitant to take the 8X plunge. Well...I've jumped in with both feet and am holding my breath. I'll give Verizon today to sort this out before I pull my preorder.

The 8X is already available on ATT so I don't understand why Verizon does not already have a cache of 8X phones ready to ship? I've also preorderd from Verizon before without a hitch. The 8X is Verizon's premi?re Windows Phone and I expected a more seamless release.

MojoHand69

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm really sorry this is turning into such a debacle. I, like the rest of you, am waiting for my phone to ship out as well. When I get to work today I'll check on it and see if I can get some more information

Thanks Kpxstar9 for your diligence.

Agpe17

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Touche, props to KPX for all the help.

VZW has two hours for me until I cancel my pre and just buy in-store tomorrow...not looking promising.

to81mn514

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Now i'm getting worried that they aren't going to be in stores tomorrow. Sucks because I was really excited about getting this phone and now I have a bad taste in my mouth.

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
The 8X is already available on ATT so I don't understand why Verizon does not already have a cache of 8X phones ready to ship? I've also preorderd from Verizon before without a hitch. The 8X is Verizon's premi?re Windows Phone and I expected a more seamless release.

It could well be on HTC since the Verizon version has wireless charging built-in so the manufacturing process has to include that. Maybe HTC couldn't get their production going on the Verizon version fast enough.

I'm personally hoping that it's just due to high demand. :)

Agpe17

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Now i'm getting worried that they aren't going to be in stores tomorrow. Sucks because I was really excited about getting this phone and now I have a bad taste in my mouth.

You don't wanna KNOW what online reps and two phone reps said to me....

"No launch date available yet."

I also know that some reps are clueless, so I'm trusting of KPX more than anything. The only thing that's a bit scary to me is there are NO advertisements, posts online, or anything about tomorrow being the release date...which is odd.

EDIT:

Andrew: I'm giving it until 12:00. If there's no tracking number or update, I will check back in and cancel.
Andrew: The phone comes out tomorrow in stores, correct?
AGENTXX: Yes sir!
AGENTXX: I am not seeing any tracking number but according to our system the device shipped yesterday on your date, 11/13.
AGENT XX: I am going to contact our ware house to see if they can advise of a tracking number.

kvetcha

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I just canceled my pre-order and am going to play this one by ear. Right now it's easier for me to get an iPhone 5 than an 8X, and the iPhone 5 has been backordered for a month.

This is really frustrating.

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
VZW has two hours for me until I cancel my pre and just buy in-store tomorrow...not looking promising.

*If* you can buy it in-store tomorrow. If they can't ship the pre-orders, can they ship them to stores? Certainly worth the call tomorrow a.m. to find out but I'm not canceling until I know they have one and I can get it. Might even buy it in store and then cancel. The odds that it ships while I'm buying in-store are pretty slim. Of course, I just jinxed myself. :)

rkremers

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Touche, props to KPX for all the help.

If I were you, I wouldn't cancel unless you have one in hand at a store. I've talked to more than one store, and they had NO idea when the phones were launching. Cancelling an actual order to hope that they will magically be in store tomorrow, and you will be one of the people to get what will likely be one of a very small amount of phones seems like a big gamble.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss