"Ship BY 11/13" VZW 8X confusion

Agpe17

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
*If* you can buy it in-store tomorrow. If they can't ship the pre-orders, can they ship them to stores? Certainly worth the call tomorrow a.m. to find out but I'm not canceling until I know they have one and I can get it. Might even buy it in store and then cancel. The odds that it ships while I'm buying in-store are pretty slim. Of course, I just jinxed myself. :)

I'm pretty sure stores already have phones. I have a buddy who works at VZW, and when phones drop, they have them in stock days in advance. iPhone 5 was backordered for WEEKS at pre-order, but stores had their own wealthy amount on launch day. Same thing with the 8x.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty sure stores already have phones. I have a buddy who works at VZW, and when phones drop, they have them in stock days in advance. iPhone 5 was backordered for WEEKS at pre-order, but stores had their own wealthy amount on launch day. Same thing with the 8x.
my local Verizon store was just robbed of all their iPhone 5s

I know that is off topic, just wanted to tell somebody lol

Agpe17

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
AGENT: I have to send a form to the warehouse and they will contact me by email to see what is happening with your device shipment
AGENT: I can text the information to you in about an hour
------

Hope this works! I'll post back..

rkremers

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

From what I've read, a good hunch would be that Verizon is having trouble allocating 8Xs to preorders, so why should we think there are magically large numbers waiting at retail stores. It's possible, but I'd think if they had stock waiting at stores, they'd have stock in a warehouse to fulfill preorders.

Agpe17

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
From what I've read, a good hunch would be that Verizon is having trouble allocating 8Xs to preorders, so why should we think there are magically large numbers waiting at retail stores. It's possible, but I'd think if they had stock waiting at stores, they'd have stock in a warehouse to fulfill preorders.

Either way, this isn't handled properly. And what kills me more than ANYTHING is how EVERY employee I've spoken to has a DIFFERENT ANSWER.

How are some people saying "it should've been DELIVERED already" while others say "there's no shipping or update for you." It just befuddles me completely...logistically! Like I want to ask "what SCREEN are YOU looking at" to see where their BRAINS are processing this from.

kpxstar9

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
At least you all have the option of buying in store. As an employee my only option is online lol
Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Agpe17

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
At least you all have the option of buying in store. As an employee my only option is online lol
Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Haha yeah that's the SHAFT for employees. And sweet irony...working for big red, but not being able to taste the fruits of your labor directly.

I'm gonna call my local Verizon and see if they'll have them in store tomorrow am. If they do, cancelling immediately, going there.

BooMaLiCiOuS

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Just called the store, she said they will have them 9am tomorrow, canceling my pre-order now

I have heard from stores in my area they would have the devices yesterday, the 15th, the 18th, or some time in a week.

I wouldn't trust what they say until you see the phones in store.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2

to81mn514

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Haha yeah that's the SHAFT for employees. And sweet irony...working for big red, but not being able to taste the fruits of your labor directly.

I'm gonna call my local Verizon and see if they'll have them in store tomorrow am. If they do, cancelling immediately, going there.

Let us know what they say. The lady I just called at my local store sounded very confident that they would have them tomorrow morning at 9am. I'm probably going to get there at 8:30 just in case they have limited supplies. And if I get there tomorrow and they don't have them at all I may just lose my mind haha

lowercontrol

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
My order status still indicates its expected to ship by 11/13...:straight:

I think, as many have already mentioned, my biggest issue is there is no straight answer about what's going on. I fully expected to have a tracking number this morning based on the fact their website indicated "Ship By 11/13".

I guess I can't be TOO upset as I was (still am) a Sprint customer. I would be waiting well into 2013, so what's another day or two?

Agpe17

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
All sales people are busy, trying back on my lunch break.

I'll also post back with the text from the VZW rep about "my order" (i-e- ALL of yours essentially as well...)

She said she emailed the actual warehouse where the phones are to get an update.

Isror

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone, first time poster here. I pre-ordered through Best Buy, so I have even less info to go on than the rest of you folks. When it comes to Verizon and pre-ordering, for me its always been a nightmare (mainly because the devices I pre-order wind up being the IT items they never truly expected to happen).

I pre-ordered from best buy simply because I get more from it. They'll price match the $549 buyout price from Verizon, I get 60 days to return/exchange it since I'm a Silver Reward Zone Member, and I'll get about $60-$75 in reward zone gift certs from the purchase. BUT! That comes at a loss of not knowing ANYTHING from the talking blue shirts about delivery dates.

According to the department manager at my local store here in Las Cruces, NM they will have a Verizon Rep in store for a "massive Windows Phone 8 launch" this Friday; Take that for what its worth, but I've seen a few posts asking when Best Buy pre-orders would come in, hope it helps.

Dezolis

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Well something interesting to add. I canceled my pre-order to get the Droid DNA since I was on the fence. So just now on phone listing page it shows a release date for the blue 8x on the 19th the red 11/27th but interestingly there's no ship by date for the black 8x as if it's available today. My order was for the black and it was still showing a ship by date of 11/13 though under order status.

Matt Levan

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
When I check my pre-order status on Verizon's site with my order conf. #, I just get "We received your order and it is in process." No expected ship date, tracking #, or courier. WTF!?

I pre-ordered the BLACK 8X. Has anyone seen them in stores yet?

jkarasch

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys! I'm begging to get off my HTC Thunderbolt but I guess a few more days won't kill me. I went to our local Verizon store a few days ago to ask questions about it and the employee I talked to was absolutely confused when talking about the Windows Phone or any idea when they were coming in, so I called one of my friends that works for Verizon on the other side of my town and he is expecting them to hit the store early next week.

I hope like the rest of you 5 minutes from now a man from the preorder factory will grab his rocket pack and fly it to me, but I'm guessing that's not an option. The phones being late I totally understand. It also looks like, from reading your posts, that communication has been terrible with Verizon. That's a shame. Also, a big thanks to kpxstar9 for helping out and explaining stuff. I can clearly tell you're doing your best to figure this all out for us. I've been reading here for days but this is the first time I've posted.

wildjon

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
"If it makes you all feel any better my order for the surface went the same way.
I ordered surface, was told would recieve it on specific date. Customer service said was shipped but provided no track number.
Day it was to arrive, my credit card was charged, I recieved tracking number, by mid day I had my tablet."

From the verizon forum.

I will stay hopeful until tomorrow.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05