"Ship BY 11/13" VZW 8X confusion

Dezolis

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
The fact that I was able to cancel my order so quickly makes me think they are a few days from shipping. If they were processing the order to ship today they wouldn't have allowed me to cancel. Now one thought is maybe they will ship tomorrow and overnight em for Friday delivery, but that 1080p screen on the DNA was calling to me. :/

Jonko18

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
So I called customer service and they said my phone has not shipped yet (pre-ordered on the 9th). Problem is, all of next week I'm going to be at my parents house (I live in another state) so since the phone did not ship today I needed to change the ship address to my parents house. They said they need to submit a shipping address change form to do that, and will let me know once that has been submitted and completed. Now, I assume that they submit that form to the warehouse, so if my phone has already shipped without customer service knowing, the warehouse will pass that info on since they can't change my ship address. So, when Verizon contacts me to let me know my shipping address got changed, I'll update here what they tell me.

kpxstar9

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
The fact that I was able to cancel my order so quickly makes me think they are a few days from shipping. If they were processing the order to ship today they wouldn't have allowed me to cancel. Now one thought is maybe they will ship tomorrow and overnight em for Friday delivery, but that 1080p screen on the DNA was calling to me. :/

You can cancel at anytime be for the the payment is processed. Once the payment processes you can't cancel

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Just adding more experiences. Called customer support and asked every question I could think of.

In my case, my order is verified and it waiting for a tracking number to be generated at the warehouse. Verizon stores are getting them 11/15. Called my local store to confirm this also.

You can cancel your order if there has not been a tracking number generated. My tracking number should be generated between now and tomorrow morning, according to the rep. However, if a tracking number has been generated you can still keep in-store purchase as an option. Since my tracking number hasn't been generated, I was told Friday will be the earliest it will be delivered.

If you go to the store tomorrow and they have the phone, you can purchase it there instead. If you don't have a tracking number generated yet, it can be cancelled without any hassle. If you already have a tracking number at the time of your in-store purchase, you will be able to purchase the phone for an second additional charge of the phone price and reject the delivery.

So essentially if a temporary extra payment isn't a problem for you do this:
Do not cancel the preorder.
Go to your local stores tomorrow.
If they have the phone, purchase it.
Cancel your preorder at the store if it hasn't shipped.
If it has shipped, reject/deny the delivery and ship it back to Verizon.
You will be refunded for the preorder charge when they receive the preorder back.

Dezolis

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
You can cancel at anytime be for the the payment is processed. Once the payment processes you can't cancel

That's my point if it was ready to ship the payment would be processed by now at least from my past experiences trying to cancel orders with them.

Jay Sirju

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I just checked with support for my ship date

From the transcript:
Jayce: That phone is not set to ship until 11/27
Jayce: When did you place the order.?
Jay: the 9th
Jayce: Okay, you would have to wait at least a week for the order to process

err, why preorder if I have to wait almost 2 weeks for the phone to ship. I just cancelled and am going to try my luck tomorrow.

Dezolis

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site

i know, im aware of that. like i said when i get to work today ill look into it and see wtf is going on.
No worries man sorry for my tone was just frustrated by the lack of communication on Verizon's part. I'm worried next weeks DNA order might get the same treatment right before the holiday weekend.

sallyhats

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Called local VZW store and they have the Nokia in stock for tomorrow, but no 8X as of yet. Not promising news...

Called up VZW in Hoboken, NJ, and they are now saying they don't know when it's coming in. Very frustrating, and now I just learned about this whole gmail not syncing and crashing business. I want my WP8 but I am officially starting to have doubts.

Rob Kalinsky

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Just stopped at my local corporate Verizon store. The lady was very helpful and adamant that they would have the 8x tomorrow. I asked her politely if she could check for sure. She pulled up the transit notifications and, presto, the 8x is not on them. So, it is unlikely that at least this store will have them for launch tomorrow. She did, of course, have an entire box of Lumias sitting behind the counter...

Last edited:

kpxstar9

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Called up VZW in Hoboken, NJ, and they are now saying they don't know when it's coming in. Very frustrating, and now I just learned about this whole gmail not syncing and crashing business. I want my WP8 but I am officially starting to have doubts.

agree.

im starting to feel like a mylar balloon thats been left out in the sun too long lol

Matt Levan

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Welp I just talked to the VZW store in Torrance, CA. They said the 8X is launching tomorrow. I'll be ready at the store to let you know how it goes.

Agpe17

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Totally forgot about that. So we'll have them Wednesday at the earliest.

FedEx isnt closed, and Verizon uses them. Shouldn't have posed a threat to this big issue.

Also, just called my local VZW. They will have the 8x tomorrow, SO I'M THERE. Cancelling my pre-order today.

Just so you guys know as well, I got an email from an agent who emailed the actual WAREHOUSE about the shipping issue for my order (and, essentially, all of yours...)

She said those who had an 11/13 ship date, are pushed to 11/15 shipping.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Well I just talked to the VZW store in Torrance, CA. They said the 8X is launching tomorrow. I'll be ready at the store to let you know how it goes.

I wish you luck. My store said just because it launches tomorrow, doesn't necessarily mean they will have them in stock.

fierywater

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Called the Burlington, MA Verizon store. They didn't know. Meh, I'm starting to lean towards the black one, which might ship first, so I may just go ahead, pre-order, and stop thinking about it too much.

GeoffEff

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Just called my local corp store. He said "It is the launch day, we should have it in stock".

I didn't mention anything about tomorrow being a "Launch Day" other than just asking if they'd have the 8x instock tomorrow.

Agpe17

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Just called my local corp store. He said "It is the launch day, we should have it in stock".

I didn't mention anything about tomorrow being a "Launch Day" other than just asking if they'd have the 8x instock tomorrow.

My store said the same thing, which is great. Chances are I'll be there at 8:30!

rkremers

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Called a local store, and she said they "should" have them in stock tomorrow, but they haven't received anything yet. She did mention she wasn't sure how many they'd get in a way that made it sound like she was expecting a small amount. She told me to call later this afternoon, and they should have an idea because they get their shipments in the afternoons. Will report back if I hear anything positive, but won't cancel my preorder until it's in my hands.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)