"Ship BY 11/13" VZW 8X confusion

fierywater

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
So, I'm bored during a lunch break, so I called the Cambridge, MA (Harvard Square) corporate store. They actually have the 822 in stock today but the guy wasn't sure when the HTC was coming in. He was significantly more helpful than the rep from Burlington.

I might drop by there tomorrow during my break and see if the HTC happens to be there.

mtsmedly

May 30, 2012
Visit site
I've canceled my pre-order too. Not worth it to "maybe" get my phone tomorrow. I'll just go in store. if they have it, great, if not, I wait.

thatotherdude24

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I asked @VZWSupport on Twitter what was going on and they asked I send a DM with my info in it so they could check my account. He replied back saying that 11/13 was an 'estimated' ship date but would still look into it further.

mkelso27

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Did most of you pre-order your phone online and have it shipped to your house? I pre-ordered mine with the agent in the store. Do you think that makes any difference? Mine is shipping to the store and the agent is supposed to call me.

Agpe17

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I think a majority did it online...

I just also cancelled my pre-order. Feels pretty good. I'll be dropping by the store tomorrow to get mine!

mtsmedly

May 30, 2012
Visit site
Imagine what the forum is gonna be like if we all go to the store tomorrow morning and they don't have any :confused:

If that's the case, I doubt the forum will be left. Just some smoldering server somewhere after it's been tipped over, smashed and torched by angry Verizon Windows Phone users...

Well, at least that's what I'd like to think would happen. Would be far more entertaining than all the whining and complaining.

zhelfrich

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
That's my point if it was ready to ship the payment would be processed by now at least from my past experiences trying to cancel orders with them.

this is true in my experiences as well even when i tried to order a razr maxx last year and they were backordered they processed my payment before it shipped so when i too just cancelled my 8x preorder it cancelled very quickly which did seem odd

schartzr

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I called all my stores at lunch time. One said "What is that?" another said they have no work from Corporate when the official ship date is. And the 3rd guy asked what phone I was looking for told him and he was LIKE OMG yes they new Windows phone comes out tomorrow and we will have both the Nokia and HTC phones. Just very sad how many people only worry about iphones and Androids.

TallGeorge

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Just want to add to the drama. I was chatting with a VZW rep online and they said
"tomorrow it will launch to all channels"
I asked if that meant it would be available in the store. They replied
"correct"

He said he will check inventories at local stores for me and see about reserving two (I ordered two).

Maybe that's a way to go if you have pre-ordered like I did and don't want to cancel but want to see about getting them at the store tomorrow. Reserving them.

lunchbox_

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Talked to local store

Talked to Verizon Corporate store here in Cleveland area, and they said they do not have any, but it may drop ship tomorrow :/.

schartzr

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Just want to add to the drama. I was chatting with a VZW rep online and they said
"tomorrow it will launch to all channels"
I asked if that meant it would be available in the store. They replied
"correct"

He said he will check inventories at local stores for me and see about reserving two (I ordered two).

Maybe that's a way to go if you have pre-ordered like I did and don't want to cancel but want to see about getting them at the store tomorrow. Reserving them.

SO did he reserve 2 for you?

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I've called my local bestbuys just trying to find one (even if att) to play with. Asked for the HTC Windows Phone 8x and the lady was like "no, we don't have that. We have something similar its the 8x but its not Windows Phone" so I asked "so what is it?" she said she doesn't know. Clearly she didn't know what it is she had but I asked if they had one on display to play with and she said no, but I can order one. Like what? None of my local besbuys have a unit or even a dummy unit out but they can sell them. IM really just trying to hold one!

Not only that but the 920 is thrown in the corner with the old wp7 phones. Doesn't even have a sign, gotta ask for it.

I hope my Verizon store gets one out I can play with tomorrow. I really just wanna see how it feels.

meshuganeh

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Just spoke to Verizon customer service. Guy was very confident that it's shipping out tomorrow. He said there was a delay shipping the phones to the Verizon warehouses. I asked when it will be in stores and he said that will also be tomorrow. He warned me against cancelling my order though because apparently there is huge demand for the 8x and that Verizon is expecting it to sell out in most stores within hours.

TallGeorge

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
He ("Tony") said he would call me on my cell number later this afternoon to let me know. I told him to check any store in a 20 mile radius. Will he? I don't know, but he seemed genuine. He even said the rep next to him was talking with someone about the exact same issue.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
He ("Tony") said he would call me on my cell number later this afternoon to let me know. I told him to check any store in a 20 mile radius. Will he? I don't know, but he seemed genuine. He even said the rep next to him was talking with someone about the exact same issue.
That's why Verizon hates windows phone!! All the paranoid customers call non stop about them! Lol

TallGeorge

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
That's why Verizon hates windows phone!! All the paranoid customers call non stop about them! Lol
Not sure if you meant me, but this was my first time reaching out to them. I only did so because after reading through this topic did I realize it may be as far out at the 27th or even 19th.

TallGeorge

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Here we go guys, see the updated link below. Verizon has officially said available in store 11/15 via their news channel:

Nokia Lumia 822 - Windows Phone 8X by HTC
So since it appears official that tomorrow stores will have them, shouldn't the people that pre-ordered be receiving them tomorrow too?

I've never pre-ordered a phone until this one. Does this happen often, that when pre-ordering, you could receive the phone after people can buy them in the store? Seems backwards to me but maybe typical?

Someone with experience please let me know.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss