"Ship BY 11/13" VZW 8X confusion

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if you meant me, but this was my first time reaching out to them. I only did so because after reading through this topic did I realize it may be as far out at the 27th or even 19th.
Nah I wasn't implying you call all the time lol just the fact that the guy next to Tony was also dealing with the same thing. And im sure many other reps in many other stores!

thatotherdude24

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Just got off the phone with Verizon:

He said sometimes orders get behind and he saw mine is now 'in processing' and should ship today and I should get it Friday. But if I go get one in store before it ships the store can cancel my order.

schartzr

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Just got off the phone with Verizon:

He said sometimes orders get behind and he saw mine is now 'in processing' and should ship today and I should get it Friday. But if I go get one in store before it ships the store can cancel my order.

Everyone's says "in processing" Mine has said that since monday.

netsatwork

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Only one of my three local stores know about the 8X coming out tomorrow. One lady said she has no idea and has heard nothing, another guy looked it up and said all he knows about is pre-ordering on 11/9, and the store that knew about it (which is of course farthest from my house) said they have the Nokia 822 in already and expect the 8X later today or tomorrow morning.

Nokia.Nut

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
If you ordered the gray Nokia or the Red 8x don't cancel your pre orders unless you are ok w/changing colors. The link above stated that the Gray Lumia and the Red 8x are only available for purchase online.

GreenScrew

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Its entertaining how anxious us tech enthusiasts are. I mean really, the amount of overreaction in this thread is crazy. But I type this as I've checked the link myself for probably the 4th time in two days. So while being anxious myself, I guess I'm a little more relaxed than most. I mean really, what is another day? And why not put faith in Vzw to deliver as they've stated? I mean, if they can get phones shipped to stores for tomorrow, as we all seem to be confident about, then they sure as heck better be able to get them shipped to those that pre-ordered, right? I think until they fail to meet the expectation (delivery tomorrow) everyone should just relax a bit...:cool:

Isror

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I've called my local bestbuys just trying to find one (even if att) to play with. Asked for the HTC Windows Phone 8x and the lady was like "no, we don't have that. We have something similar its the 8x but its not Windows Phone" so I asked "so what is it?" she said she doesn't know. Clearly she didn't know what it is she had but I asked if they had one on display to play with and she said no, but I can order one. Like what? None of my local besbuys have a unit or even a dummy unit out but they can sell them. IM really just trying to hold one!

Not only that but the 920 is thrown in the corner with the old wp7 phones. Doesn't even have a sign, gotta ask for it.

I hope my Verizon store gets one out I can play with tomorrow. I really just wanna see how it feels.

I posted earlier that I spoke to a manager at the local Best Buy, and was told that they were going to have the Verizon Rep in store on Friday for a Windows Phone 8 launch event. Fingers crossed that I have my 8X on or before Friday :D

Dezolis

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Here we go guys, see the updated link below. Verizon has officially said available in store 11/15 via their news channel:

Nokia Lumia 822 - Windows Phone 8X by HTC

If you read futher down this is what you see
Windows Phone 8X by HTC ? available by Thanksgiving in Blue, Red or Black color models for $199.99 with a new two year contract. The Red and Black color models are Verizon Wireless exclusives.

registerednurde

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Windows Phone 8X by HTC – available by Thanksgiving in Blue, Red or Black color models for $199.99 with a new two year contract. The Red and Black color models are Verizon Wireless exclusives.

But if you read the black and bold print up top, it says "updated" and that they'll be in stores by tomorrow.

GeoffEff

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Windows Phone 8X by HTC – available by Thanksgiving in Blue, Red or Black color models for $199.99 with a new two year contract. The Red and Black color models are Verizon Wireless exclusives.

That is correct, that is the original portion of the article. The top is the update that was posted just today. They're separate.

kpxstar9

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Just got to work. The phones launch nationally in all channels tomorrow. So if you do cancel your order, you'll be able to pick one up in store

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

mkelso27

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Windows Phone 8X by HTC ? available by Thanksgiving in Blue, Red or Black color models for $199.99 with a new two year contract. The Red and Black color models are Verizon Wireless exclusives.

Yeah, but this was posted a while back. It's an update to an older post. Just the bold section at the top is the update. And it includes tomorrow's date ;)

GeoffEff

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Just got to work. The phones launch nationally in all channels tomorrow. So if you do cancel your order, you'll be able to pick one up in store

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for all of the help!!

I'm going to leave my pre-order active and try to snag one at 10am tomorrow when my store opens. I'll cancel it then if it still hasn't shipped.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786