"Ship BY 11/13" VZW 8X confusion

Agpe17

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I also have two local stores saying they'll have the 8x AND accessories in tomorrow...

Now I just need to figure out how to get this phone in the AM WHILE I work! haha

rkremers

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
email from verizon-

Important information about your HTC Accord order.
Congratulations and thank you for your HTC Accord order. We know you are anxiously awaiting the arrival of your new device.
We regret to inform you that your HTC Accord was not shipped as scheduled on November 13, 2012. You will receive a shipping confirmation email that will include your final shipping date.
We are working hard to get your HTC Accord to you and apologize for any inconvenience. As a token of appreciation for your understanding please enjoy 30% off the case of your choice. Offer is valid through December 14, 2012.
Shop for your case at vzw.com, or in our stores, and use your offer today.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We recognize that you have a choice in wireless service and thank you for choosing Verizon Wireless as your mobile communications provider.

Is this real life? I hope not... "gee, we screwed up, but please buy something else!" How about a, "We're sorry we couldn't deliver when we said we could, so we upgraded your shipping to "next day air/Saturday delivery." One can only hope...

Agpe17

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Alright. I have to ask then. Why the **** should I have even pre-ordered? I mean really. Just checked my confirmation from the 9th and it still says EXPECTED SHIP 11-13

I called store locally and she said they had some new WP8 but not the HTCs. Only Nokia. She told me to call tomorrow morning before coming in because its possible those could be shipped to them tmomorrow morning.

Touche man. Hense, my cancellation. Keep trying to see if your local store will get it in. Many of the local stores are, so maybe yours will get in a shipment by later?

ivirsnezbit

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Just received an e-mail from verizon

I just received an e-mail. It basically said they are sorry that they could not ship my device on time (funny enough it said I ordered an htc accord...not sure why) and that I would receive an e-mail with a final shipping date (no mention of when I will receive this e-mail) They also offered me 30% off a case of my choice until December 14 as a token of my their appreciation & my understanding...

It looked like an automated e-mail and my guess it was rushed, because they did not bother to change the name of the device.

Anyways, I am sure you will all be receiving the same e-mail shortly.

I know it doesn't change when we may be getting our phones, but at least they are starting to respond to their mess up.

Jon

Edit: I order over the phone (not online)

Edit: TIL - HTC Accord is the internal name for the htc 8x

Last edited:

lowercontrol

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I just received an e-mail. It basically said they are sorry that they could not ship my device on time (funny enough it said I ordered an htc accord...not sure why) and that I would receive an e-mail with a final shipping date (no mention of when I will receive this e-mail) They also offered me 30% off a case of my choice until December 14 as a token of my their appreciation & my understanding...

It looked like an automated e-mail and my guess it was rushed, because they did not bother to change the name of the device.

Anyways, I am sure you will all be receiving the same e-mail shortly.

I know it doesn't change when we may be getting our phones, but at least they are starting to respond to their mess up.

Jon

Now that's top notch customer service!!!!

GeoffEff

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Yup, a few of my Twitter followers also reporting the same email. I haven't received it yet, though.

Honestly, this makes me want to switch to AT&T and get a Lumia. I was very close to buying one last night at the Microsoft Store near me.

kpxstar9

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
It was just updated in our internal systems that there is a delay for the people with the 11/13 ship date. Black should ship no later than 11/15 blue 11/19 and red 11/27

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

GarrettSR5

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
stupidvzw.png

run2bike2run

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I called my local Irvine,CA store and rep said there would be WP8 phones but did not say which in store tomorrow. He said to call back after 6 tonight to confirm. I asked the rep if I should get there early to get the phone and he said there is no demand for it and should just get the when they open at 10. No demand, really?

GarrettSR5

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Oh, you're right. I forgot that. Apparently I wasn't the only one.

Forgive those of us who don't remember the code name of every phone. Some of us have more important things to remember, as well other things to do, like not troll people.

I don't mind the fact you pointed out/reminded people that the internal code name is the Accord - everything you posted was fine until the "Get a clue" part. Following in the spirit of your trolling "Get a clue" comment, **** off ***hole.

It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

The same to you sir. The way you said "Just got "the email". Pathetic they can't even get the phone right, much less give me a ship date... " prompted the "get a clue"
As Ratt said back in 1984, what goes around comes around.

registerednurde

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Just spoke with a rep from the Internet Orders department. I asked if I could upgrade my shipping to overnight since next week I won't be available to sign for it, she was told by her supervisor that everyone that with the ship date of 11/13 will automatically be upgraded to overnight shipping. I asked if I could have this noted in my account, she said that the email with the final ship date will inform me of the free upgrade.

registerednurde

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Why would I research it? I knew what the email meant.

Your point was perfectly fine without the "Do some research" comment. So, back at ya. Do some research and fill in the asterisks: **** off ***hole.

If you knew what the email meant then it makes no sense for you to say they got the phone wrong. Fill in the asterisks... retarded douchebag.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs