"Ship BY 11/13" VZW 8X confusion

Chris Lawrence

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I don't want to purchase a case at 30% off, I wasn't planning on getting a case for this one anyway. I want X% off of my phone for the delay when I was told I'd have it tomorrow, and then not have any updates at all on why it hadn't shipped yet.

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
The same to you sir. The way you said "Just got "the email". Pathetic they can't even get the phone right, much less give me a ship date... " prompted the "get a clue"
As Ratt said back in 1984, what goes around comes around.

The difference is that my comment wasn't directed at anyone here on the forums, it was directed at Verizon while yours was insulting and directed at people here. And why would Verizon use a code name in an email to customers? And it is pretty pathetic they can't give a ship date. ****, promise me it'll be here in two weeks and shock me with it next week. Under promise and over deliver.

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
If you knew what the email meant then it makes no sense for you to say they got the phone wrong. Fill in the asterisks... retarded douchebag.

Actually, it does make sense. I knew what it meant because a) I currently only have one phone ordered with Verizon, b) that phone has obviously been delayed, and c) I'd already seen that others who pre-ordered received the same email. It was contextually obvious.

registerednurde

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Actually, it does make sense. I knew what it meant because a) I currently only have one phone ordered with Verizon, b) that phone has obviously been delayed, and c) I'd already seen that others who pre-ordered received the same email. It was contextually obvious.

Noted. Verizon are a bunch of ****up's anyway. I hope they can't decipher that if they're reading this.

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Noted. Verizon are a bunch of ****up's anyway. I hope they can't decipher that if they're reading this.

Sorry for my earlier comment. I knew at one point the Accord was the 8X and the 8S is the Rio but just spaced it. I had no problems being reminded the Accord is the 8X (at my age I'm forgetting more and more each day). All I did was post a message that I'm annoyed with Verizon and it's pathetic that they can't give a ship date the day before they launch a phone. I didn't think it was worthy of being told to "get a clue" (not by you, but someone else) and "do some research".

Bottom line, I overreacted. My apologies.

3773M

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I ordered the red HTC 8X on the 9th and was given a ship date of the 19th. I just received the "Accord" email a few minutes ago. This level of incompetence is truly astounding.

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
K. You win. Good for you.

Sorry for my earlier comment. All I did was forget the 8X is the Accord, post a message that I'm annoyed with Verizon and it's pathetic that they can't give a ship date the day before they launch a phone. I didn't think it was worthy of being told to "get a clue". That said, bottom line, I overreacted. My apologies.

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
My issue is do I order this one or wait for the employee edition..

Is there anything special besides the lower price? Some extra feature? (If there are special features, what would they be? Color?) If there's nothing special about the employee version then it comes down to if you want to spend the the extra money to get it now...

droner

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Just spoke with a rep from the Internet Orders department. I asked if I could upgrade my shipping to overnight since next week I won't be available to sign for it, she was told by her supervisor that everyone that with the ship date of 11/13 will automatically be upgraded to overnight shipping. I asked if I could have this noted in my account, she said that the email with the final ship date will inform me of the free upgrade.

I hope this is true; waiting to speak with a rep now about it.

TallGeorge

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
SO did he reserve 2 for you?
So I just wanted to update. "Tony," the rep I spoke with earlier online called me back. He said he was going to call the local stores to reserve my 2 phones since his internal information showed it would be available.

He told me that after speaking with multiple stores, they are only doing direct fulfillment and to not cancel my pre-order. Said there is no guarantee they will have it tomorrow since the stores currently have no stock of that phone.

Take it for what it is, but I'm holding my order until they appear somewhere. I'm not happy with the delay, but such is life.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb