"Ship BY 11/13" VZW 8X confusion

TallGeorge

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Here is the status of your Pre-order:
We received your order and it is in process. Payment not taken yet.
Expected Ship Date: Not available at this time.

That's what I find when I look up the order status online. I spoke with a rep on the phone last night who confirmed my payment was taken. I know that because after speaking with a local store who told me they have plenty in stock and I could come in anytime and they'd have enough, I got angry and called verizon. If they could ship to the stores, why couldn't they ship to the people that ordered the phones?

The rep said she didn't know, but I couldn't cancel my order because I was charged already and had to wait until this morning when a tracking number was assigned so. That angered me even more, but what can I do? I give up with this company. She admitted there was no guarantee I would get it this weekend. Might be next week, no telling.

Said I'll get it when fedex delivers it. hahahaha. What a horrible company. Really is. If it is too big that have of it doesn't know what's going on, it's too big and poorly managed!!! This company has past the MC=ATC point!

Keckpec29

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Yeah but what's odd is verizon coming out after a week of ??? And saying Ok, this is it now, nov 15 is the day. You would think they had foreknowledge of the whereabouts of their supply before they made that announcement.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Okay so apparently Verizon employees don't understand the difference between the 8xs and the 822. Two of my local verizons I asked if they had the windows phone 8xs in stock and they said yes. Turns out they were talking about the 822.

My local verizons don't have the 8xs either....

Isror

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I think I'm going to pick up an 822 today and just exchange it when my 8x pre-order comes in. At least I'll have something to play with to easy me WP8 crack addiction haha

Isror

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
And new flash my local best buy doesn't know what an 8x is. Lady had to call a few people to say its only available online.

Haha isn't Best Buy grand? I remember when I worked there years ago, training was actually something managers cared about...Today? If it isn't Apple, its "No, windows doesn't make a phone, you must be thinking of some new Android phone"

jkarasch

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I understand the reasoning that HTC didn't supply the phones on time. Things like that happen and I get that. Here is what I don't understand.

1. Verizon answering questions with totally inconsistent answers. If you don't know the answer to something, call somebody who does. Don't lie or "wing it". That's just awful customer service and you're going to upset a ton of people with misinformation.

3. If i'm "pre-ordering" something, I'm understanding that I'm putting dibs on the first of the units. Why are stores getting their phones in stock before I am at least getting a shipping label put on mine?

I'm an understanding person to these sort of things. I'm a retail manager myself. This is just awful.

rich182x

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Just called my local store to see if they had any 8X's. He said no. Wants me to check back at noon when they get there shipments. Still waiting on my preorder?

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Verizon Wireless at Williamstown / Turnersville

2090 N Black Horse Pike
Williamstown, NJ 08094
(856) 740-6200

Just called. The shipment literally just arrived. They are scanning them into their system now! Hope this helps someone =)

C Boyer

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Just got a call from my local store, they recieved thier shippment. Trying to cancel my preorder, she says it hasn't been billed but she could not cancel?? Just spoke to the her supervisor and she has to submit a ticket for cancellation, they must be close to shipping out. She also told me that an order is not chaged to your account until it has a shipping #. Good news for you that have been charged!

I am off to the Verizon store to get my baby!:):p

Edwin4NOH8

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I understand the reasoning that HTC didn't supply the phones on time. Things like that happen and I get that. Here is what I don't understand.

1. Verizon answering questions with totally inconsistent answers. If you don't know the answer to something, call somebody who does. Don't lie or "wing it". That's just awful customer service and you're going to upset a ton of people with misinformation.

3. If i'm "pre-ordering" something, I'm understanding that I'm putting dibs on the first of the units. Why are stores getting their phones in stock before I am at least getting a shipping label put on mine?

I'm an understanding person to these sort of things. I'm a retail manager myself. This is just awful.

I agree with you 100% on these points.

I dont mind that I have to wait longer if I'm told that in advance. But we pre-ordered with the notion that it would ship by 11/13. Only on 11/14 did some people start getting emails that it did not ship yet. I didn't even receive that email.

I am hopeful that 8X Blue ship by 11/19 as currently stated on their website but I am not holding my breath any longer. Verizon and HTC handled this poorly. Just give me some timely updates if you can't deliver as promised. I'm rather reasonable ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre