"Ship BY 11/13" VZW 8X confusion

GarrettSR5

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Local corporate store; getting 3 in today he says, one is probably gonna be a demonstration phone. Didn't know the colors, told me to call back at like 4 or 5 and ask for him.
I asked him to confirm it was the HTC one and he said it was; they have the Lumia already.

corn_chowder

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Here is the status of your Pre-order:
We received your order and it is in process. Payment not taken yet.
Expected Ship Date: Not available at this time.

That's what I find when I look up the order status online. I spoke with a rep on the phone last night who confirmed my payment was taken. I know that because after speaking with a local store who told me they have plenty in stock and I could come in anytime and they'd have enough, I got angry and called verizon. If they could ship to the stores, why couldn't they ship to the people that ordered the phones?

The rep said she didn't know, but I couldn't cancel my order because I was charged already and had to wait until this morning when a tracking number was assigned so. That angered me even more, but what can I do? I give up with this company. She admitted there was no guarantee I would get it this weekend. Might be next week, no telling.

Said I'll get it when fedex delivers it. hahahaha. What a horrible company. Really is. If it is too big that have of it doesn't know what's going on, it's too big and poorly managed!!! This company has past the MC=ATC point!

What is the cutoff for cancelling the order? I know once they charge your card the option to cancel is no longer available on the site..but I'd think if we don't have a tracking number or status then the package has not been processed or shipped yet. Aggravating that we can't just go pick it up in store (if available) and have to wait potentially longer than ppl who just pop into the store.

netsatwork

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Okay so apparently Verizon employees don't understand the difference between the 8xs and the 822. Two of my local verizons I asked if they had the windows phone 8xs in stock and they said yes. Turns out they were talking about the 822.

My local verizons don't have the 8xs either....

Seems that way for mine too. I posted earlier that my store does have 8X's in stock (according to the sales rep), but when I called an hour later to verify before driving over there, they had none and said maybe this afternoon.

schartzr

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I went to two stores and the first one didnt have them (said they already had them in stock) and the 2nd one I called had 3 in the Black one so I canceled my order and bought it there. I wanted the blue one but thought the black looks classier.

thatotherdude24

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
My local store had plenty of 822s but no 8x's. They said area stores already had them today so he expected them today. I did play around with the 822 and WOW. It is much nicer then it appears online and I may end up with it instead. Everybody set on the 8X go see the 822 in person and see what you think..

jake1110

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I ran into two different Verizon stores in the Des Moines, IA area and called a franchise store. One store had a few of the black model earlier but already sold them, according to the employee. The other store in Clive(suburb) didn't have any and neither did the franchise store I called, though they offered to "pre-order" one, hahaha! Both of the stores I visited had the 822 and I didn't even bother with them simply because I've been set with wanting the 8X. It's like Harold and Kumar going to White Castle, once you finally get it in your hands, it's the greatest feeling ever, so I'll be patient, lol.

The store that had them didn't know when the blue model would be in, they assumed Monday since that's what the website claims. I still have my business pre-order in and plan on keeping it since I have the blue model ordered, apparently nobody has reported these in stock.

So long as I can have it by Thanksgiving, I'll survive, lol.

fierywater

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Got the black one at the Cambridge, MA location. They didn't even get the demo unit in, but the rep there was nice enough to let me hold one out of the box to get a feel for it. It's very nice. They only had the black model and didn't know when they would get the blue one.

Side note: the Lumia 822 is built like a freakin' brick house. It's great; shame about the screen, though.

Isror

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Ok, went to Best Buy, STILL no idea on when my Black 8X would be arriving, so I bought the 822. I'm keeping my 8X pre-order open so I have the option. OTHER than the poo poo screen resolution on the 822, its really not a bad device :)

OmegaSupreme

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
most stores SHOULD be receiving the 8x in stock at some point today. just keep trying.
still waiting on the vzw red version, but looks like i have another week left (available online only).

couple of questions:

1. the red 8x on vzw's size is quite a bit toned down and not as vibrant. is this just a render issue on the site?

2. also (of course i have to ask a shipping question), i ordered it on 11/10. when checking the status on vzw's website it says it will ship on 11/21 and calling their 1800 number it states that it ships on 11/21. is it just that folks that order from this point forward will have to wait until 11/27 for the red version or will i have to wait as well?

:unsure:

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Latest Propaganda from Internet Sales Team via CS

They are saying if preorder 8X black was made before 11:30 AM EST on 11/9, phone ships TODAY. They don't know if it will be sent overnight or 2 day, will have to {continue to} wait for tracking email to arrive tonight. Available in local store but lost upgrade eligibility when card charged yesterday.

lunchbox_

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
black only

I was able to get the rep to check the area for the blue 8x. It was not even in the system (I was watching his screen). He was able to find the black ones around the area. He did have a blue demo, but they could not sell it. I am glad I kept my preorder.

Matt Levan

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
They are saying if preorder 8X black was made before 11:30 AM EST on 11/9, phone ships TODAY. They don't know if it will be sent overnight or 2 day, will have to {continue to} wait for tracking email to arrive tonight. Available in local store but lost upgrade eligibility when card charged yesterday.

Sweet! That means mine should be on its way ASAP! Thanks for the "propaganda" update, fellow. I ordered mine on 11/9 at 1:15 AM EST. Hopefully staying up late for the pre-order was worth it... Where'd you get this information, specifically?

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Local store just called me back and said they didn't get any 8x in today but they are getting black ones tomorrow. I gotta get mother in law to cancel the pre-order on the blue one. Still shows processing and ship date of 11-13. LOL.

gdn23

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
VZW Still Confused

Ordered my 8X by phone early on 11/9, as I was having difficulty with the online system. Now my online order status is "shipping on 11/13," which, of course, did not happen. I did get the apology e-mail yesterday offering me the worthless 30% off on a case. Called VZW CS a few minutes ago and their automated system told me that my black 8X has shipped, but said no tracking number was available. CS Rep said she could not find a tracking number, but that my 8X would "definitely ship by the 27th." After further checks, she said it may be shipping today, tomorrow (Friday) or later, but that she could not find further info. She said the fact that the automated voice system said it had "shipped" was "promising." :dry

This is not really helpful, but just to illustrate that throughout the VZW system, confusion reigns. I think these CS reps would help if they could, but they, too, don't have the info to assist anyone. I'm waiting for the shipment, as it is unlikely I'll snare one at the stores in the DC area.

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Sweet! That means mine should be on its way ASAP! Thanks for the "propaganda" update, fellow. I ordered mine on 11/9 at 1:15 AM EST. Hopefully staying up late for the pre-order was worth it... Where'd you get this information, specifically?
I pitched a fit on customer service 800 rep, they called internet sales dept who gave them that info.

Still, I believe nothing until I get a tracking number.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99