"Ship BY 11/13" VZW 8X confusion

AdamMGregory

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Went to the store asked if they had any 8X's "no only the nokia." I explain the pre-order fiasco. Guy says " the other store might have some, let me call them" goes off, comes back with 3 boxes "which color would you like?" Wanted a Blue but after seeing it, got the black.

MojoHand69

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I logged a complaint on VZW's website yesterday morning as my phone was suppose to ship on 11/13. In my complaint, I requested a next day shipping upgrade. I got a phone call and email response today that said:

"I am very sorry about the delay with receiving the new phone, I show that the phone order was placed after 10:30 AM on 11/09/2012; orders placed after 10:30 AM were expected to ship by 11/15/2012, which is what took place. At this time, switching the shipping to next day will not make a difference due to the weekend, your phone will still be delivered on Monday."

As it turns out I received my FEDEX tracking number last night for the free 2nd day delivery. Due largely to FEDEX efficiency, I actually received my phone at work today. Funny thing is that a lot of misunderstanding and frustration could have been alleviated by a simple update provided by VZW via email.

Bob Brown1

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I pre-ordered the blue 8x on Friday morning (11/9). I just called *611 and got a recorded message saying they were sorry that the order wasn't shipped on time, and that I will get an email with shipping information within 5-7 business days!. "No other information is available"!

3773M

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
It seems like it must be an HTC problem since red and blue are delayed even further. I wonder why the colors would be harder to manufactur though.

isi44

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Same here, blue 8X not recieved but I did get the apologies and 30% off. Now if some people have seen the blue one in stores...i should give some of them a call and maybe cancel my preorder as many have done.

anotherlab

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I stopped in a Colonie, NY Verizon store when it opened at 9:00am. They didn't have any 8X phones in stock and they had no idea when they would be getting them.
FWIW: I called another local Verizon store after posting that message and they had just received a 8X phones, in black. I went down and bought one. Very nice phone.

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
I've seen a demo blue unit in the store yesterday - but they didn't have any for sale. From all I've read, they have black units only.

peekb

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
VZW Twitter customer support says I should expect to receive an email in 24-48 hours for my blue 8X pre-order. Of course, they've been telling me that all week.

mundyb

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
@MojoHand69

Did your FedEx tracking update properly along the way? My tracking has not updated since it was scanned in at Memphis. I typically get things next day from Memphis even if they were 2nd day packages. I was hoping to see mine today at some point too.

MojoHand69

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
@MojoHand69

Did your FedEx tracking update properly along the way? My tracking has not updated since it was scanned in at Memphis. I typically get things next day from Memphis even if they were 2nd day packages. I was hoping to see mine today at some point too.

Yes my FedEx tracking upated properly. I was checking every hour. It was deliverd to my office. Though the phone is for my personal use, my company is a major VZW customer which may be why I received the phone the very next day. See my below FedEx details.
Date/TimeActivityLocation
-

11/16/2012 - Friday
10:28 amDelivered
ARLINGTON, VA
8:09 amOn FedEx vehicle for delivery
ALEXANDRIA, VA
7:47 amAt local FedEx facility
ALEXANDRIA, VA
3:50 amAt destination sort facility
DULLES, VA
-

11/15/2012 - Thursday
9:00 pmLeft FedEx origin facility
COATESVILLE, PA
7:43 pmPicked up
WEST CHESTER, PA
7:41 pmShipment information sent to FedEx

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
i was told by a customer service rep that my blue 8X should ship the 19th (as kpxstar9 said earlier this week). The rep also told me it would be sent next day so i should have it Tuesday. i asked if i got upgraded next day shipping. His answer to me was that pre-orders always get next day shipping. Regardless, I'm hoping to have it Tuesday!

MojoHand69

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I don't believe everyone is getting next day shipping as VZW standard free shipping is 2day. I ordered a black 8X and the FedEx tracking info and label clearly read 2nd day. It just so happens that I recieved it next day. This could just be because if was shipped from PA to Norhtern VA which is only about a 4hr trip with light traffic on the I-95 corridor.

Greyfish7

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I really hope this is true for all of us, esp me! cuz I"m going out of town tuesday nite for the holiday. :)

i was told by a customer service rep that my blue 8X should ship the 19th (as kpxstar9 said earlier this week). The rep also told me it would be sent next day so i should have it Tuesday. i asked if i got upgraded next day shipping. His answer to me was that pre-orders always get next day shipping. Regardless, I'm hoping to have it Tuesday!

mundyb

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Ok... Deflated... My Memphis shipment was stuck there overnight. Looks like the driver picked it up at VZW shipping about the time the Nashville bound truck was leaving, cutting off all points east for delivery today. :(

Til Monday then. :'-(

Don't worry about me... I'll be okay... It's only a phone... :lol:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett