"Ship BY 11/13" VZW 8X confusion

Dezolis

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Same with mine it's been sitting in Memphis since last night at 11 pm sucks because a flight from here to Tennessee is like 45-50 minutes no reason why I shouldn't have gotten my phone today. Verizon should have given everyone free overnight for this crap.

Ok... Deflated... My Memphis shipment was stuck there overnight. Looks like the driver picked it up at VZW shipping about the time the Nashville bound truck was leaving, cutting off all points east for delivery today. :(

Til Monday then. :'-(

Don't worry about me... I'll be okay... It's only a phone... :lol:

antsmarchin

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Got a tweet back (shockingly!)
Blue is my favorite color! It will ship by 11/19. You will have your new phone in no time!
Hopefully this is true!

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
I don't believe everyone is getting next day shipping as VZW standard free shipping is 2day.

That was my understanding too (that it's two day), and despite the rep telling me it was next day on pre-orders, I'm not convinced. But, regardless if they're giving me free next day of it's the norm, I'll take it. :) Now as long as it ships Monday...

GreenScrew

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Why the he$$ doesn't VZW update the shipping information to reflect 11/19 then if that is the case. Geez, they really are terrible at this aren't they!?!

lucas.scott

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
This is by far the worst consumer experience i have ever had.

You would think Verizon was a new company with limited experience and resources. Its shocking that a company of their size can be so disorganized and unprofessional.

I preordered a blue 8x the hour it became available to do so.. and now im hearing that next wednesday is probably when i will get my shipment. Thats just shy of 2 weeks..about twice the time that we expected. Im not sure whos to blame - but this is insanity.

That said.....i cant wait to get it :D

jeffbarge

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
So this got interesting for me this evening. Earlier today I sent an email through the VZW support site, as well as directly to a few email addresses I found on various websites, expressing my extreme dissatisfaction with the situation - being told my order was 'pending shipment' for two days, everybody telling me the same thing that was obviously not true, nobody having any real answers.

So this evening I got a call. One of the CSRs I spoke with today had promised to call me back after talking to the warehouse, so I thought it was her. Nope. It was someone in the executive office. Apparently one of the emails got someone's attention. She told me that she got my email this morning and had spent most of the day looking into my order. It seems that normally, once your card is charged, the order information is sent to the warehouse for fulfillment and a tracking number is generated. The 'shipment pending' status is the time between this and getting on the truck. Something went wrong with my order between charging my card and getting the information to the warehouse - the warehouse was never able to see my order. When they looked further into what happened, it appeared that my order had been cancelled. Luckily, when an order is cancelled, they save off the date of the cancellation. My order was cancelled in 1969. Sooo.....that's not right. She's got their IT folks looking into what happened and figuring a way to release my order for fulfillment. She said worst case, they'll cancel my online order and she'll contact a local store and tell them to hold a phone for me. The bad news is, nothing else will happen until Monday, so it will still be Tuesday or Wednesday before I get my phone, but at least now I have someone I know is working my issue.

I will say this - and I mentioned this in the email that got things moving for me - the CSRs that I've spoken with have been sincerely empathetic and polite, and have tried to do whatever they could to help me. The problem has been lack of visibility even to their own people.

lucas.scott

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
finally got mine cancelled - after 2 reps assured me over and over that it shipped on the 13th....ugh. So im going to the store after i get off working tonight and picking up a black one. If the Blue is amazing when they get it, ill pay restocking and swap out if needed.

hecjc

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Guys, please let me know if anyone got this on the Verizon status check screen. I check my order status and today for the first time the response was different and I got exited. Unfortunally the info is confusing, It shows the following:

• Courier :
    Ship Date:

No courier name, no ship date and still says it will ship 11/13. I was told by customer service that the blue phone will ship 11/19.
    Anybody got something like this ?

VinceCL

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Guys, please let me know if anyone got this on the Verizon status check screen. I check my order status and today for the first time the response was different and I got exited. Unfortunally the info is confusing, It shows the following:

• Courier :
    Ship Date:

No courier name, no ship date and still says it will ship 11/13. I was told by customer service that the blue phone will ship 11/19.

When your phone actually ships, next to the little plus/minus sign will be a series of numbers, part of which will be your tracking number. Courier will say FEDEX, my status is blank, but the shipping date filled in as 11/14/12 (which is a lie, as it actually shipped 11/15/12).

Hope that helps :)

GarrettSR5

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
For what it;s worth, I ordered a blue one and never got any info. Went into the store and saw a blue display model and realized it was near purple and just picked up a black one right there. Couldn't be happier.

hecjc

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I just check my credit card and there is a pending transaction for the exact amount of my order. I guess this is a good sign, maybe they will ship on monday.

Greyfish7

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I just got this too, I take it as Progress :)

• Courier :
    Ship Date:

Agpe17

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Man..it's crazy that I started this thread on the 10th, when I'd done my pre-order, and had an odd feeling about the madness that WOULD EVENTUALLY be Verizon's confusion with this entire launch.

Crazy that I have since then cancelled my pre-order, got my 8x on launch (11/15), and it STILL hasn't shipped out to all who pre-ordered! This is INSANE...

To all of those waiting: IN DUE TIME, and it'll be well worth it! Keep the heads up!

Matt Levan

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
It really is too bad Verizon had to use FedEx to ship our phones. FedEx standard service does NOT include Saturday delivery; thus, my 8X is literally sitting in a sorting/distribution center only miles away from my house. PLUS, they aren't allowing me to pick up the package myself at their facility. LAME. It should be here on Monday...

Greyfish7

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't mind waiting so much if it wasn't so apparent that it is going to arrive after I've departed for Thanksgiving. Yes I know what couriers are _supposed_ to do, but ours...doesn't. I'd honestly rather have it ship 11/27 than 11/19 2nd day. le sigh.

VinceCL

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
It really is too bad Verizon had to use FedEx to ship our phones. FedEx standard service does NOT include Saturday delivery; thus, my 8X is literally sitting in a sorting/distribution center only miles away from my house. PLUS, they aren't allowing me to pick up the package myself at their facility. LAME. It should be here on Monday...

This is the exact same situation as myself! Oh well, just one more day...

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Just got my shipment notification with a tracking number for my blue 8X. Should be arriving on the 21st. The CSR who told me next day shipping was misinformed, as I suspected. It's coming via two day. Just glad it finally shipped.

Greyfish7

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
hey me too! of course I will be out of town the 21st...do'h!

Let's go Blue!

Just got my shipment notification with a tracking number for my blue 8X. Should be arriving on the 21st. The CSR who told me next day shipping was misinformed, as I suspected. It's coming via two day. Just glad it finally shipped.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99