"Ship BY 11/13" VZW 8X confusion

SwearWord

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: "Ship BY 11/13" VZW 8X confusion

Wonderful, FedEx guy comes, doesn't ring doorbell and assumes no one is home so he doesn't deliver the package. I'm unbelievably livid at this whole situation.

hecjc

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

That sucks SwearWord, find out if you can go to the fedex office to pick it up. Usually says on the paper the location where you can get it yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:

kregstrong

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I just wonder if I'm ever actually going to get this phone. I'm not sure what's so difficult about shipping this damn thing. F u verizon

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

znender

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site

I just managed to get my shipping notice with the tracking number. It's looking to be delivered tomorrow at 3:00PM.

I ordered this on the 13th. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Dezolis

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I received mine on Monday as well the black version, and I must say I'm ready to go full windows 8. I also installed the Pro upgrade on my desktop last week in anticipation, and I'm enjoying that experience as well. For sure there's some hiccups and things to get used to. Like no first party google support that's a huge issue for me, but I've found some 3rd party apps that have made the transition less painful. Now I'm waiting for the release of the surface pro.

jake1110

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Congrats to all who managed to get theirs. I played around with my manager's black model and really enjoyed it. Looks like only the black model is shipping though. I've already given up hope on receiving mine by Thanksgiving.....hopefully the blue models ship by next Monday.

cooperma

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I ordered the Blue version. I never got a shipping number and the portal still says that it is set to ship on the 19th. Talked to a VZW person last night at 10p and she said she is assuming it didn't ship since they don't have a tracking number yet. So who the heck knows when I will get it...

Keckpec29

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I was part of this debacle, I preordered over the phone 7am the 9th, when all this shipping delay happened I went into my store the 15th and picked one up...that same day I got a shipping number for my preorder..it arrived the next day (Friday). I was planning on returning the preorder......

Yesterday Im on the can, messing with my phone...it slips between my legs into the crapper..crap and all..I did retrieve it but it would only turn on to a white screen with the meid and serial etc..eventually it turned on normally but the screen was being overtaken by moisture. Lets just say I wound up activating my preorder. Its in rice now but even if I get it working there's probably crap particles in the phone, I can disinfect the exterior of the phone but not inside, I probably won't be using it. What a Monday.

afripino

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Well...this has certainly been a colossal failure on VZW's part. Here's my story in a nutshell..

11/9 - pre-ordered the Blue 8X through our business portal (site says Ships By 11/13) with Overnight shipping
11/13 - no updates (order status says Expected Ship Date 11/13)
11/16 - no updates (order status says Expected Ship Date 11/13). Call VZW to see what happened, they say the orders weren't processed. Rep cancels my order and sends it with Saturday delivery (11/17).
11/17 - 8X doesn't arrive. I call late evening to VZW to see what happened, order was sent to Fraud department because it was ordered to be shipped to my house rather than the office (business account). I explained that this was because I'm not in the office on Saturday. Fraud department gives it the OK and "releases" the order and they say the Saturday shipping should mean Overnight shipping on Monday (11/19).
11/19 - Call VZW at 5 PM Eastern Time to see if there is any tracking info. None is available. "Manager" says there are 7,000 available in the warehouse in California and that they will provide a tracking number between 9 and 10 PM Eastern Time since it is shipping from the West Coast. Called at 10 PM Eastern Time, no tracking info.
11/20 - Called VZW at 9 AM to see if there is any tracking info. None is available. CSR says this means "they" didn't ship it. They say they'll call me back as soon as they get tracking info, but the cancelling of the order probably put me back at the back of the line.

So now I'm waiting on a phone to probably ship on the 27th that was preordered on the 9th. Why even post ship dates if they can't live up to them? I don’t see what the point of having a pre-order was if we’re receiving this device later than everyone else.

peekb

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
11/20 - Called VZW at 9 AM to see if there is any tracking info. None is available. CSR says this means "they" didn't ship it. They say they'll call me back as soon as they get tracking info, but the cancelling of the order probably put me back at the back of the line

Bull to that VZW CSR. My order confirmation is from *11 minutes* into the pre-order, and I too have no tracking # and VZW has absolutely no idea what the problem is or where my phone is.

hecjc

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I still don't have a tracking # for my blue 8X. The credit card was charged already on Saturday Nov 17. I was told by custormer service that the blue phone would ship on Nov-19. I called again and the representative told me that is still at the warehouse and is set to be picked up by FedEx today at 5:00 PM NY time. After that happens I will have a shipping # and they also will send an email with the info. He said that it will ship overnight and I will get it tomorrow. For what I read here some people said that it's not true that preorders get shipped overnigth and still get 2 day shipping. We'll see, I don't know what to think anymore. Did anybody get next day shipping ?

jeffbarge

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Okay, those of you still having issues with VZW not knowing anything. I posted a rather large post a couple pages back. Basically, something happened with my pre-order (black) and it was flagged as having been cancelled in 1969. They eventually ended up processing my order as if it was a return, refunding my card, and then placing a new order. My card had been charged, but the warehouse had never heard of my order. My advice would be to keep asking to talk to supervisors until you get somone who will contact the warehouse. The first level CSR I spoke with said she would contact the warehouse and call me back, but she didn't. If they offer to call you back, get a direct line to contact them on. Mine is finally in FedEx's care and should be here tomorrow.

afripino

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
The "manager" just contacted me back and stated that there was an error in the system with the SIM numbers that came from Microsoft....(whatever that means)...and he's "working on something with the warehouse" to get it to me tomorrow. I won't hold my breath.

The debacle continues....

Keckpec29

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Even after all this, when I called to get accessories on the 16th WITH MY 8X he said I shouldn't have one some must have leaked out and the release wasn't until the 19th! I got mine at the store and had a preorder delivered that day. I finally got the jbl speaker and Nokia charging plate ordered but only because I found it on the Verizon website and gave them the part number otherwise they couldn't find them...lol. What a cluster **** over there with these phones.

cooperma

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Talked to a CSR today...and she says that in the system my blue 8x was set to ship out on the 19th or the 27th...first time shes ever seen that. She says now it is set to go on the 27th since it didn't ship yesterday. Basically, she says they have low stock due to orders and they are filling them as fast as possible...sucks for us...but is what it is at the moment. She said as stock is replenished, orders will process which means it could be before the 27th..

Feel sorry for all the preorder folks. Sounds like you guys have it worse than I do.

antsmarchin

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Seriously what a cluster**** If they were a somewhat decent company they should at least give us a discount for sticking it out for this long (like giving us the $99 price) for dealing with their incompetence (whoever's fault it is). But we know that won't happen :mad:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss