out of the box????

sportex

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi all, I'm on android at the moment but decided to upgrade and have chosen to switch to windows os. My HTC 8x is being delivered on Tuesday. Will the phone be ready to use out of box or is a charge needed and if so how long ? Any tips, help and comments welcome, thanks

Shinjuku 108

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi all, I'm on android at the moment but decided to upgrade and have chosen to switch to windows os. My HTC 8x is being delivered on Tuesday. Will the phone be ready to use out of box or is a charge needed and if so how long ? Any tips, help and comments welcome, thanks
It should arrive with a half to minimal charge. I would recommending charging it to full before starting with the set-up.

Make sure to be careful about which microsoft account you use to sign into your phone as a first step. You cannot change this account without resetting the phone down the line. So make sure that whatever MS account you use, is connected to your most frequently used Xbox, email, skydrive etc.

sportex

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Will I have to set up a new Microsoft account or use the one I have with my windows xp desktop pc ? I still use outlook express for email

Shinjuku 108

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Will I have to set up a new Microsoft account or use the one I have with my windows xp desktop pc ? I still use outlook express for email
If its a live.com/outlook.com/hotmail.com email than you should be fine using the same one you've been using.

Otherwise you can of course create a new one

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It'll work right out of the box, you'll have a good few hours of charge to play with. Shouldn't be a need to wait for it to fully charge. You can play with the phone while it's charging as well.

Agpe17

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I would actually say to run it down until 10% THEN charge it up fully (while it's charging, you can do setup!) It's better for battery conditioning to do one full-charge cycle per month.

MojoHand69

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I would actually say to run it down until 10% THEN charge it up fully (while it's charging, you can do setup!) It's better for battery conditioning to do one full-charge cycle per month.
I agree. My 8X should arrive Thursday and I plan on letting the charge run down before my intial full charge.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6