Minor regret

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
So, I bought the 8x and loved it. The feel was great. The screen and sounds were great too. Not so great? The price for screen, storage amount, and camera tech. In comparison to the 920, I felt a bit cheated by HTC. The 920 has more storage, more screen real estate, and more robust camera tech and camera apps. So after a day, I went and traded it in for a white 920. While I like the added features and support, I really really miss the feel of my 8x. I am ALMOST tempted to trade online or Craigslist my phone so I can get that 8x back. Mind you I bought them at full price. there were dome One X features that I didn't find in either phone. I actually thought feature wise the 920 would best the One x but it didn't. Something tells me that HTC will make an add on like they did with the titan. Low light pics won't best the 920, but I might be able to live with that. There were a few apps that Nokia had that would be nice, but nothing serious I don't think. I'm torn.....what am I to do. I was ok with 14 GB of space. Apps and cam tech was my issue. Why me? Why. Haha

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Smg-Uk

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I guess it depends how many lowlight photos are you likely to take with your phone because if that's important to you then stick with the 920 however if you mainly take daylight photos i would swap back to the 8X because imo it has the edge over Nokia for that and even when Nokia brings out a update it really isn't going to be vastly better if at all.

Other than that i guess it comes down to either choosing between the exclusive Nokia apps or the more comfortable to use 8X etc

And i guess your from America ? Because here in the uk the 8X is ?120 Cheaper sim free.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I feel you. There doesn't seem to be any one phone in this generation that is a clear standout in terms of design, features, and screen size combined. As a Verizon user, my decision has already been made for me but I think if I were on AT&T it would be a tough decision for me.

As Smg-Uk said, you have to decide how much you value the advantages the 920 has over the 8X. How much do you use the Nokia apps, or take night photos?

One would hope that if WP8 manages to gain some traction then we might see some third party apps that are real alternatives to the Nokia apps. iOS and Android certainly aren't hurting for lack of Nokia apps. But it will no doubt take some time before we see the effects of climbing market share.

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I'm in the US. American business models do things differently. Its worse for the consumers. I'm still trying to make a decision on the trade offs.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
I feel you. There doesn't seem to be any one phone in this generation that is a clear standout in terms of design, features, and screen size combined. As a Verizon user, my decision has already been made for me but I think if I were on AT&T it would be a tough decision for me.

As Smg-Uk said, you have to decide how much you value the advantages the 920 has over the 8X. How much do you use the Nokia apps, or take night photos?

One would hope that if WP8 manages to gain some traction then we might see some third party apps that are real alternatives to the Nokia apps. iOS and Android certainly aren't hurting for lack of Nokia apps. But it will no doubt take some time before we see the effects of climbing market share.

That is certainly one opinion.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
You stated it like it was a fact. But I am sure there are many people that believe the 8X or the 920 are far and away the premier premier phone ATM.
I don't think I was trying to convey it as fact. That's why I added the qualifier "There doesn't seem to be..." By the way, it looks like the OP agrees with my sentiments, and that's why I made the comment.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I feel like we're comparing Trucks and Cars, Campers and RVs, Sound Bars and Surround Sound, KFC and Arby's, Cookies and Ice-cream, Pens and Pencils.

Which is better? You can't say, it depends on what your in the mood for!

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I feel like we're comparing Trucks and Cars, Campers and RVs, Sound Bars and Surround Sound, KFC and Arby's, Cookies and Ice-cream, Pens and Pencils.

Which is better? You can't say, it depends on what your in the mood for!
In some ways you are right my friend. There are some differences in your argument, but for the most part it would seems that you are on point. It just kills me that HTC would charge people more than the cost of the 920. I would've been more secure in my initial decision if it was the same price.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6