Sync Apps

zethymir

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hey, was wondering if there was a way to "sync" the apps i have on the W8 pc to the phone, or do i have to look them up on the phone and do it all over sort of speak?

Oh, and closing apps. How?

ajua

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Windows Store apps (that's what they call Windows 8 apps officially) and Windows Phone 8 apps can't be synched as they are not the same. Some may work and look the same but you can't synch them.

Closing apps on Windows Phone is done by pressing the back button until you reach the start screen or other opened app. Once you do that, they are closed.

If you meant closing apps that have background tasks running like WhatsApp, Twitter, etc. You need to go into Settings - System and there is an option that lists all background apps. You can disable them there but you will need to manually enable each if you want them to be running in the background again.

zethymir

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Windows Store apps (that's what they call Windows 8 apps officially) and Windows Phone 8 apps can't be synched as they are not the same. Some may work and look the same but you can't synch them.

Hence the quotation signs on "sync", i was thinking more of a list in store in a sense. Apps that i have for the pc and that also have apps for the phone shows up somewhere, or something like that.

ajua

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Hence the quotation signs on "sync", i was thinking more of a list in store in a sense. Apps that i have for the pc and that also have apps for the phone shows up somewhere, or something like that.

I think you can see your installed apps on windowsphone.com but I'm not sure if you can see a list of your desktops apps in the web store for Windows 8. I haven't tried looking for that yet.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos