8x build quality - am I being pedantic

ajua

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
One guy on another site said that the back scratches easily and rubber coating comes off. Any owners here can confirm this?

There was one photo as a scratched back posted here and then onto many sites but the guy who posted it said that he dropped his phone. It caused confusion on other sites because the people posting it didn't talk about a drop, just plain and simple "coating comes off".

Honestly, I would say that the back can be scratch with keys, coins or other things just as easily as aluminum bodies or other polycarbonate backs. The 8X is not worst or better in this regard, just the same.

If you are buting one, look for the original cases by HTC. I ordered a Cali Blue for my black phone and it looks, fits and feel awesome. The feel of the case can't be overstated, it's truly great.

tofu.

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
There was one photo as a scratched back posted here and then onto many sites but the guy who posted it said that he dropped his phone. It caused confusion on other sites because the people posting it didn't talk about a drop, just plain and simple "coating comes off".

Honestly, I would say that the back can be scratch with keys, coins or other things just as easily as aluminum bodies or other polycarbonate backs. The 8X is not worst or better in this regard, just the same.

If you are buting one, look for the original cases by HTC. I ordered a Cali Blue for my black phone and it looks, fits and feel awesome. The feel of the case can't be overstated, it's truly great.

yes but there is a difference between a coating and scratching pure polycarbonate. when the coating peels, it is going to look like crap.

fortunately, there are aftermarket solutions to repairing it down the line, such as: Alsa Corp | Soft Feeling Paint

SRRAE

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Just to keep you updated.
They phone was replaced today, just over 24 hours, good service.

The phone is perfectly fine. No raised screen.

But it did confirm something I thought strange with my first phone.
My first 8x when i turned it on went straight to the home no wizard etc.
The new phone which has no screen defect, turned on and went straight to the setup wizard.

It makes me think the other phone had already been returned etc.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
BUMP
my replacement phone has this problem... not happy going back to verizon again. I hate dealing with those fruitbags. Last time i went in, just wanted to change my phone out, got asked 3 times if i wanted to buy a tablet, had to explain 3 times that i just bought a surface, then got asked like 5 times if i want to buy a 4g jetpack hotspot....

PJLips

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Wow I hoped I wasn't the only one with that problem. My screen is raised a bit on the bottom left corner, but it's not a big problem, the phone still works perfectly. Apart from that tiny issue, couldn't be happier with my 8X!

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Wow I hoped I wasn't the only one with that problem. My screen is raised a bit on the bottom left corner, but it's not a big problem, the phone still works perfectly. Apart from that tiny issue, couldn't be happier with my 8X!

I threw a case on mine and have completely forgotten. Thanks for reminding me lol

IceDree

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
That is called HTC quality. The One X had a loose digitizer where corners of the screen could be pushed in, the silver camera lens circle cap also began raising after awhile, and there was some poor finishing near the micro usb port. That is typical HTC quality and why they get spanked in Android.

I suggest live with it or switch brands. Once I get my 8x, I would be happy with just one flaw like that raised screen provided it stays in place and doesn't lift anymore. Preferably no flaws but this is HTC we are talking about here.

For someone who **** talks about HTC I'm surprised you bought an 8X , but I read your reason blow !
Funny , You make it sound like Samsung is the king of build quality (Since they are the one ruling Android) ;)

IceDree

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Mine is leveled on all corners ! Thank god !
anyway I just put a case on it ! & I'm hoping HTC makes a LimeLight Yellow case !

Glad they gave you a new one !

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99