This is BS. I'm sure some of you like the blue on this phone but it looks cheap and dorky to me, especially the speaker. I talked to the sales man and he said they will only be offering in in blue... how fricken stupid is that? I understand its nice to offer it in different colors but offer it AT LEAST in black.

Can anyone please provide me with some hope that it will be available in black ?
    11-13-2012 11:36 PM
    Nope. So far it's a Verizon exclusive.
    11-13-2012 11:39 PM
    Verizon landed both black and red as exclusive colors. They must have thrown HTC a bunch of money to snag the exclusive on such a basic/standard color.
    11-13-2012 11:40 PM
    Do you think I could run a unlocked black 8x on tmobiles netowrk? and get the same speeds on their 3/4g network?
    11-13-2012 11:47 PM
    There's no such thing as an "unlocked black that will run on T-Mobile's network." Even a Euro-spec 8X will not reliably run, since it lacks the AWS bands (and some of the PCS bands that T-Mo is rebanding HSPA+ to), and no Verizon 8X will function on T-Mo at all.

You could also try this...

Paint Color SW6992 Inkwell - Sherwin-Williams

:D
    WillBrown likes this.
    11-14-2012 01:16 AM
    Man, this is the only thing stopping me from getting one. I played with a California Blue 8x at the at&t store and it is most definitely purple.. which is not a horrible color in itself but not one I'm particularly eager to own.

I really wanted the red.. screw you, Verizon, and international version not working on Tmobile.

Are there any other options? Maybe buy the international version and use it on Straight Talk? They use the 1900mhz band I think..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
    11-14-2012 02:25 AM
    it's a nice color, but it definitely looks juvenile. as i've been posting in other threads, why not just wait until the oem verizon housings go up for sale and switch them over to black? at least you'll get the wireless charging with it too.

it'll be another $50-75 out of pocket, but not much other choice...
    11-14-2012 09:04 AM
    Personally I wanted the California Blue version since the beginning, but I agree it's complete BS to make black an exclusive colour. I feel like HTC may lose some T-Mobile 8X sales to the 810 because of this.
    11-14-2012 01:49 PM
    In all reality, there shouldn't have been any kind of carrier exclusivity for ANY of the WP8's. I understand the business logic behind it, but I think the WP8 launch could have seen much stronger numbers had all devices been available on all networks.
    11-14-2012 02:28 PM
    In all reality, there shouldn't have been any kind of carrier exclusivity for ANY of the WP8's. I understand the business logic behind it, but I think the WP8 launch could have seen much stronger numbers had all devices been available on all networks.

Agreed. The point right now is platform adoption.
    11-14-2012 02:45 PM
    Hey, I have a blue one and a black one. The finish on the rear with the chrome HTC is nicer on the blue one. Otherwise they're both great. Did you notice that the buttons are anodized aluminium on all of them? Did you see the cool flashlight app from,HTC with 3 light levels? The little apps HTC put in are all good. The screen is great... I ordered a Yellow one as well... Business, Private and Girlfriend... I think you're making a big fuzz about a color which is not really that flashy...
    11-14-2012 02:53 PM
    Agreed. The point right now is platform adoption.
    Exactly! The competition at this point isn't AT&T vs. Verizon vs T-Mobile vs Sprint...Its WP8 vs iOS and Android.
    11-14-2012 02:57 PM
    I agree it sucks that T-Mobile only carries blue, but since T-Mobile is a value based carrier I suppose it is just something we have to live with.
    That being said, I got the blue today and it is gorgeous.
    11-14-2012 05:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD