3G Connection Issue after long Idle period

tristan.rice

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
Issue:

HTC 8X, have had it for about a week now.

Using 3G works fine. You can turn 3G on and off and it will disconnect and then reconnect very fast. No problems.

If you leave the phone, with 3G off, for a period of time (I'm not sure how long currently) then try turning 3G on will result in nothing happening. This currently happens at leaving 3G off overnight. So again, if you don't have 3G turned on for a period of time, you won't be able to turn it on at all.

Restarting the phone solves the issue.

I'm going to run some tests, with a fresh restart, turning 3G on, then off and leaving for 30 minutes, then 1 hour, 2 hours, 4 hours etc to see at what length of time this issue starts to occur.

Is this an OS or Firmware issue, or possible a network one, and is anyone else experiencing it? If so, has anyone found a solution that works for this, or is it a case of wait for HTC to fix it? Has anyone experienced this on any other new WP8 devices?

It's definitely not a hardware issue. I've contacted HTC and am waiting for a response.

Thanks. :)

tristan.rice

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
Update:

So I confirmed that it takes 30 minutes of the screen/phone being idle for it to be no longer possible to turn the 3G back on.

I also got a response from HTC Customer Support:

"Dear ####### ####,

Thank you for contacting HTC.

My name is #####, and I'm a support agent for HTC.

I'm sorry to see that you're having problems with your device.

Unfortunately Windows 8X is based on Microsofts/Google operating system. Therefore I do recommend you to contact their customer support to get your issue fixed.

HTC is only the manufacture of the phone, but based on its operating system Microsoft has to take part in this.

The Windows 8X Device is failry new, so it is limited how much we know about it, but your issue shouldn't be a common one.

I hope this was helping you a bit further into your investigation, also I hope you take my words into consideration.

Let me know if I have successfully answered your question, please click here to complete this.

To send a reply to this message, please click here.

Sincerely,

######

HTC
"

I've sent a very lengthy reply. I'll let you know if I get anything else back.

No one else is having this issue?

FN12

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Almost the same problem here on the 8x. 3G stopped working after a few days with me. Can't seem to turn it on at all though. The icon is there, wifi works fine. Just the 3G does not deliver data to my phone..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99