Map bug in 8X?

rohitharsh

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Hello,
i am not sure if this is a bug in 8X or Windows Phone 8 or a limitation.
If I pin a location on my front screen or click on an address from calendar I get a screen which says About and "directions - from my location" option. But when i click on 'direction from my location' I get 'Search app in store?'.
Now when I do a search it does not find any app.

Earlier 'Direction from my location would just launch the Maps app.
Anyone experience same issue?

jaethos

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
It's a WP8 thing. It allows 3rd party apps to plug in, like Nokia Drive or Navigon. Unfortunately they did it in such a way as to prevent the built in maps from working correctly. You have to search the address to get the directions to work or something. There are a lot of weird changes and decisions made with WP8.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
It's a WP8 thing. It allows 3rd party apps to plug in, like Nokia Drive or Navigon. Unfortunately they did it in such a way as to prevent the built in maps from working correctly. You have to search the address to get the directions to work or something. There are a lot of weird changes and decisions made with WP8.
Wow, I had no idea WP8 works this way. I don't know if I can think of a worse way to allow third party apps to open an address.

Why not do it the way Android does? Pop up a window with a list of apps that you can use to open the address, with the option to set a default. That would be the sane way to handle it.

rohitharsh

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for the info. I hope they fix this.

JJanner

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
same here

Picked up my 8X yesterday @ T-Mobile; love the phone but I'm experiencing the same bug with Maps. This is not acceptable.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077