HTC- All is Forgiven

1414H77

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
After ranting about the delays yesterday, last night I got a call from the Verizon store saying they had one 8X left. I broke the sound barrier (and perhaps a few traffic laws) racing there to get it before closing and before one of you snarfed it up. All is forgiven HTC. This thing is amazing- screen great, weight and size perfect, sound quality fantastic. Also, the previous complaints in the PocketNow review that said voice quality on phone calls was the worst ever are not true, at least for me. Because of the delays of the 8X I almost got the Lumia 920 at AT&T, but was conflicted given the weight and heft. Thank goodness I waited.

UPDATE- That is, until I just experienced my first random reboot....

Last edited:

nicooke

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
After ranting about the delays yesterday, last night I got a call from the Verizon store saying they had one 8X left. I broke the sound barrier (and perhaps a few traffic laws) racing there to get it before closing and before one of you snarfed it up. All is forgiven HTC. This thing is amazing- screen great, weight and size perfect, sound quality fantastic. Also, the previous complaints in the PocketNow review that said voice quality on phone calls was the worst ever are not true, at least for me. Because of the delays of the 8X I almost got the Lumia 920 at AT&T, but was conflicted given the weight and heft. Thank goodness I waited.

Aaaah, the reboots..... I thought the same, and it is truly a stunning piece of hardware. But buggy as all ****. I can't speak to Clove until Monday so it has the weekend to convince me it is worth keeping.

schartzr

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site

Mine has not rebooted once since getting it a t noon yesterday.

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
if it's rebooting then you're not holding it right. I'm kidding. Mine hasn't rebooted yet.Knocking on wood as we speak. This is one sleek device. I want to get a case, but I want to show off that nice blue.

Magdy Samir

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
The user (Aperture o) on the reboots thread suggested to turn off automatically download updates and it worked with him for 3 days without random reboots, and same here with me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs