8X & Bluetooth Audio

Capsloc

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else having issues with Bluetooth Audio?

I tried connecting my phone to my car's bluetooth system. The connection was fine, but when it connects I can play the first some fine, I can skip tracks with my steering wheel, but after the first song the audio is blank and the phone doesn't play any audio. Then maybe after disconnecting the BT and reconnecting it plays music all choppy and then it works and well it's just buggy as ****.

I already bought an Aux cable to take advantage of Beats, but it's still something that I think needs to be fixed. I think it's an OS issue because it happens on both of my cars and happens on my wife's Lumia 810 as well.

jkelek

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
i have the 8x...I haven't had any issues as of yet, been using yesterday and today, streaming from xbox music to built-in Bluetooth in my mazda 3 2011. it's connecting fine automatically and resuming/pausing fine when I turn on/off my car without any action. not sure what bt stack is being used in wp8 but I know after I had the "tango" update applied on my Trophy then I could see artist/album/song on my display, but on my 8x it's just showing BT AUDIO and does not show this info so something is different there. with my Trophy I had audio issues with it playing at a very low bitrate but that was a setting in the registry in wp7 that I was able to change and fix, this does not appear to be the case with wp8, audio comes through sounding great. I think my car uses a2dp (2.1?).

Capsloc

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I'm trying this on my 2011 WRX and my wife's 2012 Impreza so I'm guessing they both use the same BT system. I'll check w/ some BT headphones and see if I see the same issue. My HD7 was working flawlessly with BT Audio, not so much the 8X or the 810.

Last edited:

Capsloc

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Damn it guys......I figured out why it sounded glitchy or songs wouldn't play....a big chunk of my songs were based off of the new Xbox Music streaming from my Windows 8 PC and I guess I just didn't have great signal when it was trying stream. No wonder some songs played flawlessly. Well problem fixed then!

mbco1975

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Hey,

How do I know if I'm based off of Xbox music or the music is on the phone?

I have a HTC 8X, W8 PC and a 2011 WRX as well. When I play my music via bluetooth to my car, it plays one song then stops.

If I skip a track it starts to play again, so I can skip forward then back to play the next track on the album, but it won't play a full album without me giving it a kick which is really annoying. It worked fine on my old Android Nexus phone.

Any ideas / maybe I have a different issue?

Thanks

shinygerbil

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
In the Now Playing screen, if you have a little icon which looks like ((o)) next to the song title, then you're streaming. Otherwise the music is playing locally from the phone.
In other news, I got a nice pair of Bluetooth headphones for Christmas (Philips SHB9100/00, I highly recommend them) and all audio streams fine. Haven't tried voice yet though!

mbco1975

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Looks like they are not streaming / the songs are on my phone.

Any other ideas on why it only plays one song over bluetooth then stops rather than the whole album? I even see the display on my car going to the next track, but it just stops / sits at 0:00.

If I play the album out of the 8X speakers it works fine. Its just through bluetooth it stops after each song.

dlo86

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm having similar issues. When streaming Bluetooth to my 2011 Lexus it plays fine at times, but more often than not it will play one song, then it looks like it is starting the next song but after 4-5 seconds it reverts back to zero and repeats over and over. If I skip forward then back it may play. I was in a Volkswagon Passat rental car last week and when connected via Bluetooth it would just take over at times. I'd be trying to listen to the radio when all of the sudden it switched to my Nokia and started streaming again. The only way to prevent it from taking control was to disconnect the Bluetooth thus rendering the voice connection useless.

I just think it's a buggy Bluetooth implementation. My iPhone never had any issues. I'm not going back (bored with it), but it pretty much worked all the time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion