VZ Navigator?

fierywater

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Well, Maps is on there. But unless Nokia makes Drive available on the Marketplace, you'l have to go with something like Navigon for turn-by-turn.

lmatt05

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Wait. The maps icon isn't on WP8 like it is on 7.5?
I use local scout to find places and just tap get directions and it has turn by turn that has worked pretty well for me. Does anyone know why they would take it away?

jaethos

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
It gives directions just fine, but if you tap on the drive icon it makes you load an app. It's pretty stupid, they talked up their new improved maps and then went and made their turn by turn even dumber than before. To be fair, I haven't tried driving along a route I've gotten directions for, so I don't know how the maps app behaves when doing so.

migespy

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I am coming from Android and it has been a huge change of pace going to no Google Maps; however, I made the choice willingly and I do not regret it. As much as I would like a solid native Navigation App I believe VZ navigator is the best solution for the time being. Right now there is a pretty deep discount of $2/month for the service, and that is after a 30 day trial. So try it free for 30 days if you hate it: drop it. If you like: keep it at $2/month. Until something free and better comes along I am sticking with VZ Navigator.

https://products.verizonwireless.com/index.aspx?id=fnd_navigator

Agpe17

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I am coming from Android and it has been a huge change of pace going to no Google Maps; however, I made the choice willingly and I do not regret it. As much as I would like a solid native Navigation App I believe VZ navigator is the best solution for the time being. Right now there is a pretty deep discount of $2/month for the service, and that is after a 30 day trial. So try it free for 30 days if you hate it: drop it. If you like: keep it at $2/month. Until something free and better comes along I am sticking with VZ Navigator.

https://products.verizonwireless.com/index.aspx?id=fnd_navigator

Didnt know about this promotion! I actually loved VZ NAV when I had it years ago, and it looks GREAT on Windows Phone. I took the deal! Its normally $10/mo., so this is a steal!

SLOPapa

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Is it that WP8 no longer has turn-by-turn built in to the OS like on WP7 or is Verizon disabling the built-in functionality and requiring an additional $2/month to use their solution? Does Verizon do this with Android and iPhone?

Either way, very, very disappointing and they should have mentioned this when I upgraded from my Trophy.

Brett Jackson

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
From what I have seen, it doesn't look like this is Verizon being greedy, but rather Microsoft simply not porting over the Bing Voice/Turn by Turn to WP8. I am very dissapointed right now, simply because when they were first announcing maps and nav features for WP8, they said that Bing was being replaced with Nokia Maps/Nav. I would have been fine with that, if it didn't turn into an exclusive feature, even if it is eventually 'coming to all devices', which we have yet to see happen. If they couldn't deliver on their promise to bring Nokia Maps/Nav as a replacement for Bing for release, they should have either added Bing back in for the time bing, or made sure to let users know, "Hey, we didn't actually bring this feature to all of our devices, and btw, for integrated navigation, you need to pay VZ an extra $2 a month.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro