Do you regret getting your 8X? Thinking of buying one

unity04

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking of buying the 8X, after having a lot of issues with my 920, and I'm just curious as to whether or not people regret buying the device. My main concern is the reboot issue I keep reading about on these forums - has anyone found the reason for the issue? Also, if you have an 8X, have you you personally experienced the reboot issue? Aside from the reboots, any other issues that are present on the 8X? I'm thinking of re-signing my contract to get the phone, so I want to make sure I choose a good phone that's worth re-signing another 3 years here in Canada.

Thanks.

Smg-Uk

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I love mine and do not regret it at all infact it might just be the best phone I've owned and I've had quite a few. I have only had 1 reboot since I started using it and that has got to be over a week now (roughly) but I have not found any other issue besides battery life but that seems to be improving now and I have just turned a lot of non essential settings off so I am hoping that will give it a extra boost.

Now am just searching for a decent case.

zimmer86

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
no regrets at all! One of the best phones i have used. The mrs bought an iphone 5 2 days ago and is now thinking about trading it in for a 8x.

DeathBreath

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
No regrets. As long as you can live with the reboots for now until they fix it and you can accept the fact the WP8 OS is new and probably has a ways to go to become stable, then you will not regret this phone.

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
i dont regret it but im a little dissapointed in the battery life. today was day 1 for me (verizon-picked it up lastnite) fully charged at 7am and was at 36% 1230pm yeah.. it was used alot today

aventador779

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm waiting for a store like Costco or Best Buy to get the 8X. Because if I do indeed have any regrets I can just return it and won't have to pay any restocking fee :D (unlike Verizon)

skyplonk

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Nope. Just sold my HTC One X and got a HTC 8X from Clove.. LOVE IT!! What a awesome phone! Fast, great screen and such a refreshing OS!!

The GPS on the 8X is amazing. Gets lock so fast and is really accurate.

alexblfc

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm starting to hate it to be honest. Loved it the first few days, then the reboots got more frequent, the audio pickup is dreadful, and the store/apps is ****e. The only reason i'm still using it is because Google cocked up so much on the Nexus 4 launch/

aventador779

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm starting to hate it to be honest. Loved it the first few days, then the reboots got more frequent, the audio pickup is dreadful, and the store/apps is ****e. The only reason i'm still using it is because Google cocked up so much on the Nexus 4 launch/

So then Note II or 8X? :/

downstevedown

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Not sure - I like the resolution, and it hasn't given me any problems, but I don't like the fact that (so far) there seems to be no free turn-by-turn navigation app - mine takes me to VZ Navigator, which has always wanted money. The "Help & Tips" section actually says to go download Nokia Drive. I'd like to do that, but we all know the deal with that, at least for 6 months, right?

Also, the power button is a harder press/less tactile than I'd like, and the rubbery surface is a mixed deal - great grip, absorbs oils, unsure how it will clean up.

I tried both the 8X and the 822 in the store. Picked the 8X because of the thin profile, and a recommendation from the VZW store reps, who said that in their limited experience, that the 8x was a little more fluid (I know, HIGHLY subjective).

I feel like both the 8X and 822 (like ANY smartphone) are screen crack disasters waiting to happen. It SEEMS like the 8X might have a more durable shell than the 822, but time will tell. I know there are a number of very happy 822 users over in that forum...

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
dude. if he gets a Droid DNA. he's likely gonna have the same problems. we're not that dumb. Also you don't force them to buy something that you don't like. you let them try it out first. you should know this stuff

Magdy Samir

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
No regrets at all, I just swapped my blue 8x with black, otherwise the 8x is really very nice device with perfect design, minimal issues with the reboots, nice sound quality, great camera on itself if not compared to others, screen is really amazing..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers