Distorted sound for calls using speaker

anon(5348220)

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else having a problem that sound through speaker is distorted at 8/10 or higher setting? I can lower it but volume is not that loud to begin with. The Nokia 710 doesn't have such issues. Using speakers for video's are fine so that's odd.

Adam Plocher

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I had what sounds like a very similar problem yesterday. I was listening to music over the HTC 8X's speaker and it would randomly sound VERY distorted. As if the speakers were blown, but it was completely random (it didn't necessarily occur when lots of bass or treble were in the song). It was distorted probably about 50% of the time, but again, it was totally random when it would decide to distort. I put up with this for about an hour before finally shutting it off. A few hours later my phone decided to reboot itself, and I tried listening to music again and it worked just fine after that. I also had the Lumia 710 before and it was bullet proof! Never rebooted itself a single time and the speakers were pretty decent.

Vesix

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I have gotten the distortion several times. I know it's not a speaker issue. I'm thinking it's software as when the phone was Bluetooth connected to my car, the distortion was played through my car stereo. This makes me sad that it's probably a software issue and every HTC 8x probably has this issue, but also gives me hope that a software update might fix it. I'm just trying to decide within the next 20 days whether or not to return it and get a Nokia 822 which is mid range :( Darn Verizon doesn't get the Lumia 920...

Andrew Natanael

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I've been having this problem from time to time. Like everyone else, reboot solves the problem temporarily. Last night I tried something different. I turned off the attentive ring (option to make the ring louder when it's in your pocket or purse), plug a headphone cable into the mini jack to get the beats audio to turn on. The audio came out just fine through the headphones. I did it a couple of time and it works. No more distorted sound from the speaker.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss