Bluetooth issues with 8X

Shiva Sivakumar

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I cannot connect to my Jabra device on my van nor the bluetooth in my BMW 5 series.

The phone doesnt detect these devices.I tried resetting my phone back to factory settings and hasnt helped.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is the a device or an OS issue?

Thank you

Humhead

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
I have successfully added my wireless headphones, Jambox and my Jawbone headset. Each one took a few tries of turning off and back on Bluetooth on the phone before they would show up in my list to pair. Was a pain but no problems when using the devices so it may be just an issue with pairing?

gmfeld

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I cannot connect to my Jabra device on my van nor the bluetooth in my BMW 5 series.

The phone doesnt detect these devices.I tried resetting my phone back to factory settings and hasnt helped.

Thank you
I had no trouble pairing my 8X to my 2009 Acura TL. But this version of the bluetooth sucks apparently, because it no longer speaks in coming text messages and allow me to speak and send a reply. I could do that with my HTC Titan running WP7.5, but can't with this new software. Also, if I try to use Speech function on the phone to dial a contact while in my car, it doesn't hear what I am saying and just hangs, and then crashes all audio on my 8X so that I have to reboot the phone.

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I have had some issue with car audio BT too. Although it does catch the txt messages... But its late. For example, I couldn't hear the name of person. I just heard it say " reply or I'm done.". And once I am done the audio doesn't always come back on. If it does, its very Skippy like its streaming. But I'm playing local music on the phone. Not the Xbox cloud.

gmfeld

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I had contacted HTC support, this is what I got in response:

"I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you; However, even if the phone pairs with your car Bluetooth, the use of the kit features on your car may be limited to some devices, keep in mind the HTC 8X works with the newest Microsoft Windows Phone 8 OS, which may not be compatible with all the Bluetooth devices on the market. I recommend you to contact the Bluetooth manufacture for troubleshooting."

Arman215

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Thank you

I compiled a quick list from couple of Microsoft and Nokia user forums and those are the cars and devices that do not work with Lumia 920 or any other Windows phone. Many can’t connect at all, some connect but having other issues like dropped connections, no phone book sync, loud noise if connected. 99% of those cars and devices have no problem pairing with other phones or Windows Phone 7.5 devices.
Also this is the by far the number 1 issue for Widows phone 8 at Microsoft answers community which has not been answered by Microsoft. When i posted the same list at Nokia’s site, they removed it…

2006 +- Audi A8L, 2004 – 2010 BMW 5 and 3 series, Kenwood DNX 6990HD Navstation + BT, 2012 Honda Oddyssey, Lexus LS460, 2010 Toyota Prius, 2010 Volvo, 2012 Chevy Malibu and 2012 Chevy Equinox, 2012 TomTom VIA 1535TM, Jeep’s RHB MyGig 430N Radio, Alpine CDE-133BT car audio CD receiver, 2012 acura tl, (2012 Ford Mustang GT w/ sync, Nissan Maxima 09, 2013 Kia Rio5, Audi A3 (2006) Navigation plus (RNS-E), Subaru Forester 2011 and Subaru Impreza 2012, 2011 Dodge Challenger, 2012 Hyundai Veloster, 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2011 Ford F150 w/ Gen3 v3.2.2 Microsoft SYNC, 2013 subaru impreza, Kenwood DNX6990HD, TomTom Go LIVE 1000, Alpine CDE-HD137BT, 2008 MB ML550, UConnect BT system in 2011 Jeep, 2010 Ford F150 & 2011 Ford Fusion, Jeep Wrangler 430N, Jawbone Era, 2008 E550 Mercedes, Mazda CX-7, 2012 4Runner, 2012 Volvo V70 D3, 2011 VW Touareg, Dodge Challenger with Uconnect, Xbox Bluetooth headset, LG HBS 700 and Sony Xplode car deck, 2013 Kia Rio5 with Microsoft Uvo,
The list can be verified at:
HTC 8x Bluetooth cannot pair with 2007 BMW X5. Has anybody else facig - Microsoft Community

Nokia Support Discussions - Re: Lumia 920 Bluetooth problems - Page 5 - Nokia Support Discussions
WP8 Pairing Issues with Car's Bluetooth - Microsoft Community

Arman215

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Thank you

I compiled a quick list from couple of Microsoft and Nokia user forums and those are the cars and devices that do not work with Lumia 920 or any other Windows phone. Many can?t connect at all, some connect but having other issues like dropped connections, no phone book sync, loud noise if connected. 99% of those cars and devices have no problem pairing with other phones or Windows Phone 7.5 devices.
Also this is the by far the number 1 issue for Widows phone 8 at Microsoft answers community which has not been answered by Microsoft. When i posted the same list at Nokia?s site, they removed it?

2006 +- Audi A8L, 2004 ? 2010 BMW 5 and 3 series, Kenwood DNX 6990HD Navstation + BT, 2012 Honda Oddyssey, Lexus LS460, 2010 Toyota Prius, 2010 Volvo, 2012 Chevy Malibu and 2012 Chevy Equinox, 2012 TomTom VIA 1535TM, Jeep?s RHB MyGig 430N Radio, Alpine CDE-133BT car audio CD receiver, 2012 acura tl, (2012 Ford Mustang GT w/ sync, Nissan Maxima 09, 2013 Kia Rio5, Audi A3 (2006) Navigation plus (RNS-E), Subaru Forester 2011 and Subaru Impreza 2012, 2011 Dodge Challenger, 2012 Hyundai Veloster, 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2011 Ford F150 w/ Gen3 v3.2.2 Microsoft SYNC, 2013 subaru impreza, Kenwood DNX6990HD, TomTom Go LIVE 1000, Alpine CDE-HD137BT, 2008 MB ML550, UConnect BT system in 2011 Jeep, 2010 Ford F150 & 2011 Ford Fusion, Jeep Wrangler 430N, Jawbone Era, 2008 E550 Mercedes, Mazda CX-7, 2012 4Runner, 2012 Volvo V70 D3, 2011 VW Touareg, Dodge Challenger with Uconnect, Xbox Bluetooth headset, LG HBS 700 and Sony Xplode car deck, 2013 Kia Rio5 with Microsoft Uvo,
The list can be verified at:
HTC 8x Bluetooth cannot pair with 2007 BMW X5. Has anybody else facig - Microsoft Community

Nokia Support Discussions - Re: Lumia 920 Bluetooth problems - Page 5 - Nokia Support Discussions
WP8 Pairing Issues with Car's Bluetooth - Microsoft Community

Juanrs104

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I had problems with my '06 335i BMW too. I posted on teh microsoft support forums. See below for thier answer.

""""HTC 8X WP8 Bluetooth will not connect to a 2007 BMW. Worked with other 4.0 Bluetooth phones.

2007 BMW 335i bluetooth does not pair with the car. The bluetooth worked previously with iphone, and android phones. HTC 8X
Reply|
|Reply with quote|
|Edit|
|Report abuse|
|Stop emails|

Found this helpfulMe Too 0

Answer

7thSense replied on
November 19, 2012

MVPCommunity ModeratorCommunity Star

Thanks for reporting this. Microsoft is aware of a problem with Bluetooth pairing in certain BMWs, and is investigating.

Hopefully we will see a solution soon, so hang in there!"""""""""""

Please click "Me Too" if you found my answer helpful. Thanks!
Follow me on Twitter: @ThisIsMetro

Lynn Hebel

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
I had no trouble pairing my 8X to my 2009 Acura TL. But this version of the bluetooth sucks apparently, because it no longer speaks in coming text messages and allow me to speak and send a reply. I could do that with my HTC Titan running WP7.5, but can't with this new software. Also, if I try to use Speech function on the phone to dial a contact while in my car, it doesn't hear what I am saying and just hangs, and then crashes all audio on my 8X so that I have to reboot the phone.​

I have that same exact problem. It paired instantly with my 2013 Mazda CX-5. I bought this phone instead of the iphone because I thought it would read my text messages to me over the car radio. The HTC trophy did just that. When I press the home button on the phone to do a voice command, it can't hear me. As soon as I turn off the car, it can hear me, and works. Also, when the radio is on, and I start streaming Pandora over bluetooth, nothing happens. I have to turn off the radio, then turn it back on to work. After that, it works perfectly. I've never had it crash my phone though.

I sure hope some bluetooth update is in the works.

westentertainer

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I had no trouble pairing my 8X to my 2009 Acura TL. But this version of the bluetooth sucks apparently, because it no longer speaks in coming text messages and allow me to speak and send a reply. I could do that with my HTC Titan running WP7.5, but can't with this new software. Also, if I try to use Speech function on the phone to dial a contact while in my car, it doesn't hear what I am saying and just hangs, and then crashes all audio on my 8X so that I have to reboot the phone.
strange because mine speaks incoming sms and allows me to speech send even after update.

philxor

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
The update was supposed to fix some of the BT issues. Mine speaks incoming sms and the voice stuff works fine in both of my vehicles. You do need to turn on some settings in order for text reading/reply to work. I had to turn on Settings->Ease of Access->Speech for phone accessibility.

techgeek32#WN

Jul 11, 2008
Visit site
I think it has more to do with the model of the car because the 8x worked flawlessly in my 2011 Nissan Maxima. It would read text messages and let me respond as well as voice control worked fine and all through my car Bluetooth speaker and not through the phone speaker as many do. This is a common problem with Bluetooth codecs. I have had some smartphones not work with my car and others have, it has to do with the drivers and codecs that HTC and Microsoft install on the device.

Ivan Behr

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: Bluetooth issues with 8S

My HTC8S pairs with my Volvo car phone, and then instantly drops the connection before you can dial a number, or when you try dial. Same issue with my Windows 7 Pro laptop. Device is found, pairs, ok, and then connection is lost. HTC SUCK!!! My simple old Nokia works perfectly with all bluetooth devices, no fuss.

One more thing about the HTC8S - when the screen is off, would it be so difficult to have a flashing led to alert of missed calls, emails, sms's? Basic stuff.
We won't mention the lack of memory, and poor battery life.

HTC brand managers should be aware that the 8S will cost them customer loyalty in future.

James McGrath

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: Bluetooth issues with 8S

@Ivan--that is exactly what is happening to me with my 8X. Prior to a firmware update the phone loaded in February, it worked fine.

Now, the phone will connect briefly, and if you are on a call, you might be able to talk, but after that nothing. No connection, nothing. The handsfree doesn't work with a new BMW either, so its not my car. The bluetooth does work for music streaming. I've reset the phone several times, have done everything. Very disappointed with HTC about this.

tbrahe

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
You can add the 2012 Lexus GX460 to the comprehensive list. When connected to the car kit, I can talk, most times, but the phone will only read texts occasionally. The phone will not transfer the contact list and will not play audio over Bluetooth. So mostly a fail for the 8X. The problem with audio is so frustrating I have been connecting with 3.5 mm cord. HTC is aware of Bluetooth issues but have not offered a time frame for fixing it.

david gillick

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Being a biker - I have a Garmin sat-nav with Scala headset
I can get my 1020 to pair up with both, but can`t get it to receive or make calls through the BT, nor can I get the voice activation to work.
My Lumia 800 wouldn`t work with BT, but my old N92 worked perfect.
A great phone let down by niggly glitches, or am I missing something in the settings.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99