HTC 8x camera not up to par

krazy_kaktus

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I really love my HTC 8x. I do feel there is something wrong with the camera. I'm coming from a iphone 4, not saying my 4 phone had a great camera but the photos were constant even in low light. During the day in natural light the phone does very well. In side my house I can not get it to take a good picture especially in lower light settings. The flash seems to turn everything yellow. I have tried to change the settings on the phone. I am no camera expert but when compared to my iPhone 4 which is a couple years old. I like the camera on it much better.

ajua

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Post your photos on he sticky topic for us to see them and compare the ones we and other have already taken. I've found the camera to be great in the day. I haven't tried changing settings and taking some test pics in low light or poor lighten places yet.

pdch

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
My camera seems to do very well in low light. It is by no means Lumia 920 quality, but the pictures have been very good. I did notice that using the two stage button took much better shots than tapping the screen. I think the camera waits to focus in low light until you hold down the first stage - so I am guessing it hasn't adjusted at all when tapping the screen.

I will compare with my friends iphone5 this week and will try to put up some side by sides.

Mick Wagner

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I have a similiar problem. Anytime I take a photo with flash, the entire photo is tinted yellow. If i take the photo with no flash, it works fine.

I have tried restarting my phone (holding power for 30 seconds) and resetting the camera (option in settings). Did anyone resolve this issue? Or is it a hardware issue?

Saint Michael

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Having played around with the iPhone 4, 4s and 5. I will say that the HTC 8x does not perform as well as I'd hoped it would given the wide aperture. But it is in no way worse than the 4. The iPhone 5 is excellent, beaten only by the Lumia 920 and 808 pureview in lowlight imo. The HTC 8x does however take sharp pictures in daylight! But of course: my daily driver is the Nokia Lumia 920. So I use the wife's 8x for day light pictures every now and then because the 920 isn't the best with good lighting

mach1man

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I had a nokia 822 and the camera wasn't the greatest, the 8x is much better than it. I haven't messed with an Iphone but I'll say it may have something to do with the type of bulbs in your house.

jgraves4480

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
We need low light camera instructions. That way we know how to use it. Mine takes good pics in low light, provided u have the light source in the right place. Slower shutter speeds would help here.

weepatc

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I find setting the 'White Balance' to whatever setting is required does the trick for me in both low light & outdoor situations. I've been quite happy with results so far. I never use the flash as I haven't found a phone that gives decent results using the flashlight.
Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
This camera isn't actually that bad but i do agree the yellowish tint is annoying at times.

However, I never actually allow any camera phone i use to stay on auto as most of the time they never get it right.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte