Defender for 8x

Agpe17

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
So I decided to pick up the Otterbox defender today for my 8x...

I was a BIT concerned about the added bulk (as I prefer a Commuter, if anything). However, surprisingly, this thing feels GREAT on my 8x. It adds an element of sturdiness to the phone that I didn't really feel before, WITHOUT CRAZY bulk! I have a nice peace of mind knowing if I dropped my phone, all will be OK!

I absolutely recommend picking this up if you've been debating it. Feels fantastic on the 8x, and even better in-hand!

gmfeld

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
What does it feel like. I am so reluctant to put a case on my 8X because I love the feel of the back of the phone. And I love the slim lines of the phone.

Agpe17

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
What does it feel like. I am so reluctant to put a case on my 8X because I love the feel of the back of the phone. And I love the slim lines of the phone.

It honestly feels really good. Although I love the soft-touch feel of the phone, it ALSO leaves grease and fingerprints, which I'm NOT a fan of! (Gadget OCD). The Defender, for ME at least, gives the 8x a REALLY solid and sturdy feel.

I wanted to upload some pictures with my iPad 3 and email/upload, but my companies Wi-Fi is out right now! I will have them up soon!

TMjVM3

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    568.4 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

Coffee

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Otter boxes are great, had one on my hd7s. I'm trying to find a slimmer case this time around for the 8x, but if you need protection, the Otter is the best.

ajua

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I guess cases are a matter of taste and preference. I haven't had any Otter cases on my hands but that looks bulky compared to TPU ones or the great Double Shot cases by HTC made for the 8X.

At first sight, the cutouts for the FFC and ear piece don't look great. I don't want to sound pedantic or something like that, but I wouldn't buy this case for my 8X.
Having said that, I'm sure it provides great protection given the sturdiness shown on the photo). I'm more into sleek and fitted cases.

I recommend the Double Shot cases but they are still very scarce and only in blue ATM. I'm looking for a black to match my phone and a limelight yellow (hopefully they will make one).

cf55

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I also have this case on my 8x and it not only offers great protection but it makes the unlock button MUCH easier to find. Most men will probably like the feel better with this case. It eliminates the fragile feeling, and fits well in the hand.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss