HTC 8X Bluetooth won't connect

Juanrs104

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm trying to connect my 8x bluetooth to my '07 BMW 335i. I go through the pairing process and everything works fine and it says "connected". When I go back to the phone option in the car stereo it just says searching for a bluetooth device, and the phone says "disconnected/unable to connect". Anyone know why? Or has it happened to you?

before the 8x I had an android 2.x that worked just fine.

Last edited:

ICwater

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I will follow up here as well..

Yes, I have an 2006 E60 and have tried the following.
HTC HD7 worked just fine.
HTC 8x does not pair. Tried two of them. Also tried Nokia 81(2)0 and they do not connect.
Strangely the iPhone 4s and 5 (which both use Bluetooth 4.0) connect just fine. So I cannot believe that it is a Bluetooth version issue.

Juanrs104

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I asked over at the Microsoft Support forum. See below for the reply I got.

""""HTC 8X WP8 Bluetooth will not connect to a 2007 BMW. Worked with other 4.0 Bluetooth phones.

2007 BMW 335i bluetooth does not pair with the car. The bluetooth worked previously with iphone, and android phones. HTC 8X
Reply|
|Reply with quote|
|Edit|
|Report abuse|
|Stop emails|

Found this helpfulMe Too 0

Answer

7thSense replied on
November 19, 2012

MVPCommunity ModeratorCommunity Star

Thanks for reporting this. Microsoft is aware of a problem with Bluetooth pairing in certain BMWs, and is investigating.

Hopefully we will see a solution soon, so hang in there!"""""""""""

Please click "Me Too" if you found my answer helpful. Thanks!
Follow me on Twitter: @ThisIsMetro

Maynard Cabellon

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
i have the same exact problem and the same car...a 2007 BMW 335i sedan...says it's connected but nothing happens. my bluetooth works fine w/ my previous iphone and blackberry before that but not w/ my the HTC 8X. very frustrating...i hope they resolve it soon. by the way which Microsoft Support forum did you use? please send me the link so i can mention it as well. the more people who complain about it the quicker they will fix it. thanks and good luck!

RobertCandelori

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know whether the Portico update fixed the issue with BMW 335i models? We have an '07 coupe, but I don't want to buy it and have it not work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss