The Mythical Red

3773M

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Who is with me waiting for a red 8X on Verizon? I pre-ordered right at 1am on the 9th. Got the "Accord" apology email on the 13th which didn't even make sense: the phone wasn't originally scheduled to ship until the 19th. Haven't heard anything since and now when I attempt to check my order status I get a page with a bunch of gibberish. Now I presume the rumored ship date of the 27th is correct? The whole process is a joke at this point. My current prediction is that when the phone arrives it will actually be maroon like the web render, not red.

KeegdnaB42

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I get the same weird broken status page. Last it said when it worked was shipping the 21st so I'm going to assume that's still the case. I'll find out Wednesday.

3773M

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
The good news is by the time we get the phone, it will be available at WalMart for 99c and/or have been recalled due to the reboot issue!

afripino

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I am also waiting on a Red. Preordered on the 9th as well. Ordered a Red and a Blue at the time. Still waiting on the Blue. I don't have any faith that VZW will ship out the Red ones on time either. $5 says they blame the delay on "the holidays" or hurricane sandy or microsoft.

jeffbarge

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I went to my local store yesterday looking for a black one. They had two blue ones on display, and told me the only ones they had available were red. I thought that was odd, since they are apparently the only ones that I have heard of having red.

3773M

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Is the 21st still considered on-time for the reds, or is the 27th official? My order status page is functioning again but it still says nothing other than "received, in-progress".

KeegdnaB42

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Is the 21st still considered on-time for the reds, or is the 27th official? My order status page is functioning again but it still says nothing other than "received, in-progress".
If you preordered on the 9th and made the initial shipment then yes, the 21st should still be on time. Since the first shipment sold out it's now backordered at least through the 27th.

3773M

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm, I called Verizon and the representative said he was showing a ship date of the 27th. He seemed confused though so I am not sure who to trust. I placed my pre-order right at 1am on the 9th so I should be in the first wave of shipments I believe.

3773M

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Damn! I still only have "We received your order and it is in process. Expected Ship Date: Not available at this time."

I pre-ordered at 1:09AM eastern on the 9th so it is really going to suck if I don't get my phone in the 1st shipment!

3773M

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
The Verizon reps are unreal.

I called yesterday (the 20th) and the gentlemen told me it would ship on the 15th.

My order number is 64XXX, so the rep I talked to today told me that it meant there were 64XXY people ahead of me. That seems bizarre since I ordered within the 1st ten minutes after pre-orders opened. Is that possible the 8x is that popular? Anybody got a really low order number associated with their pre-order?

She also told me Verizon had two billion customers.

Last edited:

KeegdnaB42

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
My order status still says shipping 11/21. I spoke with a rep on the phone who at least sounded like she knew what she was talking about and said that shipping has been delayed until the 27th, that I should have received some sort of notice about it, and was genuinely surprised that I never did. She did say that with preorders they don't actually get any stock themselves, they ship directly from HTC. In any case it's clear at this point someone in the higher ups at either Verizon or HTC (if not both) really dropped the ball on this and someone needs to step up and make right for their customers. It's one thing if it's delayed. Delays happen and I can deal with them, but what has gotten me really angry now is the utter lack of communication. If they're not shipping until next week, why can't they just tell us that?

3773M

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, the whole thing has been so bizarre. From this forum, my perception is the launch has been a disaster and the quality of the device may be in question as well. It's too bad because WP8 definitely has a lot of potential but it feels like it is being squandered.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon